Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher, 34, Abducted While Jogging, Memphis, 2022 *arrest* #5

You left out race and wealth. Not saying we know those to be factors but would anyone actuaally be surprised if we learn they were?
Absolutely not. IMO. I would be very surprised if the victim from September 2021 is similar to Eliza in race and socioeconomic status. I know people don’t want to believe that’s a factor but it is - even here in websleuths. JMO.

Absolutely not. IMO. I would be very surprised if the victim from September 2021 is similar to Eliza in race and socioeconomic status. I know people don’t want to believe that’s a factor but it is - even here in websleuths. JMO.
I disagree, it's easy to say, just repeat the mantra over and over through the years regardless if true or not. I think your statement will PROVE TRUE for entirely different reasoning. I seriously doubt if the victim from 2021 is similar to Eliza in race and economic status. The victim from 2021 knew his phone number, his social media handle, his home address and a description of his car. Sounds like they may have been FB friends or on a date at some point. Her Economic status is probably average for her age and family dynamics, as is her race, Memphis is majority Black. If I'm understanding you correctly you think it's all about race and economic status, I see entirely different reasons.

And what makes everyone so sure that the police recognize the name Fletcher as the granddaughter of an Orgill that early on??? I seriously doubt it. She wasn't going by Eliza Orgill-Fletcher. She wasn't living the Paris Hilton "Life".

They had a kidnapping on CCTV, people looking and calling, physical evidence in their hands, a HOT trail to follow...That's what got the ball rolling. IMO

A whole different story from a woman showing up at a hospital and saying she was raped, or calling the police after the fact when she was home.

Last edited:
"They had a kidnapping on CCTV, people looking and calling, physical evidence in their hands, a HOT trail to follow...That's what got the ball rolling." I don't think so. It's all about who was calling. EF parents immediately joined the search, because husband checked if she was with them .
p.s. I am foreign born American and I can't believe so many people live in fantasy world. "I wonder if her family will sue?
To hold the city accountable? Nobody broke the law. The family is grateful for the chance to bury the body, some families mourn without body. And of cause, I don't think EF family will plea to spare life of CA.

Last edited:
I disagree, it's easy to say, just repeat the mantra over and over through the years regardless if true or not. I think your statement will PROVE TRUE for entirely different reasoning. I seriously doubt if the victim from 2021 is similar to Eliza in race and economic status. The victim from 2021 knew his phone number, his social media handle, his home address and a description of his car. Sounds like they may have been FB friends or on a date at some point. Her Economic status is probably average for her age and family dynamics, as is her race, Memphis is majority Black. If I'm understanding you correctly you think it's all about race and economic status, I see entirely different reasons.

And what makes everyone so sure that the police recognize the name Fletcher as the granddaughter of an Orgill that early on??? I seriously doubt it. She wasn't going by Eliza Orgill-Fletcher. She wasn't living the Paris Hilton "Life".

They had a kidnapping on CCTV, people looking and calling, physical evidence in their hands, a HOT trail to follow...That's what got the ball rolling. IMO

A whole different story from a woman showing up at a hospital and saying she was raped, or calling the police after the fact when she was home.
I agree with you that with Eliza it was a situation that needed to be acted on and was and that was the right thing to do.

Do you mean you think this was a hate crime? Do you think he targeted her because of her race?

I don't think CA could have known that she came from a wealthy background just from watching her run, but perhaps he could have had racial motives for this specific attack. I haven't heard that, though, but I guess it's possible. IMO

"They had a kidnapping on CCTV, people looking and calling, physical evidence in their hands, a HOT trail to follow...That's what got the ball rolling." I don't think so. It's all about who was calling. EF parents immediately joined the search, because husband checked if she was with them .
p.s. I am foreign born American and I can't believe so many people live in fantasy world. "I wonder if her family will sue?
To hold the city accountable? Nobody broke the law. The family is grateful for the chance to bury the body, some families mourn without body. And of cause, I don't think EF family will plea to spare life of CA.
I’m sorry, but Eliza would be alive IF her murderer was behind bars for the crime he committed last year, 2 boys would not be wondering where their mom was. If you don’t think people sue for far, far less than that you’re the one living in a fantasy world, with all due respect. If anyone, anywhere was going to SUE it should be this family! Not about money, but for CHANGE!

Do you mean you think this was a hate crime? Do you think he targeted her because of her race?

I don't think CA could have known that she came from a wealthy background just from watching her run, but perhaps he could have had racial motives for this specific attack. I haven't heard that, though, but I guess it's possible. IMO
No, I don’t think it was a hate crime. He was a predator I think and saw an opportunity sadly.

BBM
I just want to say... The previous victim (2021) also gave them a pretty hot lead to follow on what appeared to be a very violent sexual assault. Aggravated rape, especially aggravated kidnapping, and unlawful carrying or possession of a weapon, those charges should not have been dismissed simply because the victim was able to escape and survive. The police IMO should have done EVERYTHING they possibly could to get this violent criminal off the streets THEN. This was not your typical stranger rape, but she Identified him by name, phone number and social media. Did the cops even attempt to contact him to follow up(I'm guessing not, since they never even obtained a photo sans dreadlocks)? Or did they simply take the rape kit and tell the victim to wait? What more probable cause would they have needed to directly obtain a DNA sample to compare to her rape kit? Did they even look up this guy to see he was recently released with a violent past?
UGH SOOOOO many unanswered questions. No doubt that Eliza's family is going through much more because he murdered her but that does not discount the violent act that happened to this other victim and he should have been taken off the streets THEN.

BBM
I just want to say... The previous victim (2021) also gave them a pretty hot lead to follow on what appeared to be a very violent sexual assault. Aggravated rape, especially aggravated kidnapping, and unlawful carrying or possession of a weapon, those charges should not have been dismissed simply because the victim was able to escape and survive. The police IMO should have done EVERYTHING they possibly could to get this violent criminal off the streets THEN. This was not your typical stranger rape, but she Identified him by name, phone number and social media. Did the cops even attempt to contact him to follow up(I'm guessing not, since they never even obtained a photo sans dreadlocks)? Or did they simply take the rape kit and tell the victim to wait? What more probable cause would they have needed to directly obtain a DNA sample to compare to her rape kit? Did they even look up this guy to see he was recently released with a violent past?
UGH SOOOOO many unanswered questions. No doubt that Eliza's family is going through much more because he murdered her but that does not discount the violent act that happened to this other victim and he should have been taken off the streets THEN.
Very well said!

BBM
I just want to say... The previous victim (2021) also gave them a pretty hot lead to follow on what appeared to be a very violent sexual assault. Aggravated rape, especially aggravated kidnapping, and unlawful carrying or possession of a weapon, those charges should not have been dismissed simply because the victim was able to escape and survive. The police IMO should have done EVERYTHING they possibly could to get this violent criminal off the streets THEN. This was not your typical stranger rape, but she Identified him by name, phone number and social media.
RSBM
You quoted my post. To be clear, I was not responding as to why the first accuser didn’t garner more attention. I was responding strictly to whether the quick reaction to Eliza’s situation was only because of race and wealth. That is what was in disagreement. I posited that the response was because of a super-hot trail, and that I hold firmly as to the reason why.

As to his earlier victim it could have been the same, a hot trail, and really bad police work. It could have been that they previously had consensual sex and that’s why she knew him and personal things about him. We agree, It certainly wasn't a typical rape report. She could have reported someone else for the same crime before… who knows? She could have reported him weeks after something had already happened or parts of her story didn’t pan out. The police could have been following a protocol. Could be when the test kit results came back the next step would be triggered and that step would be to haul him in for a real line up, not pictures.

I’m not making excuses for anyone. There is a mismatch in the recognition of society as to the seriousness of rape and the lifelong trauma it can cause.

Had not seen this...some other low-life knew what he'd done! Who was it, I wonder?

BTW, haven't commented on these threads 'cause this case has gutted me :'( Praying daily for Eliza's family, li'l boys, and preschool babies.
I know how you feel. I haven't really sleep at all since this started. so senseless. Wha a beautiful soul Eliza was. I pray there is karma in this world and the afterlife for evil like this.

RSBM
You quoted my post. To be clear, I was not responding as to why the first accuser didn’t garner more attention. I was responding strictly to whether the quick reaction to Eliza’s situation was only because of race and wealth. That is what was in disagreement. I posited that the response was because of a super-hot trail, and that I hold firmly as to the reason why.

As to his earlier victim it could have been the same, a hot trail, and really bad police work. It could have been that they previously had consensual sex and that’s why she knew him and personal things about him. We agree, It certainly wasn't a typical rape report. She could have reported someone else for the same crime before… who knows? She could have reported him weeks after something had already happened or parts of her story didn’t pan out. The police could have been following a protocol. Could be when the test kit results came back the next step would be triggered and that step would be to haul him in for a real line up, not pictures.

I’m not making excuses for anyone. There is a mismatch in the recognition of society as to the seriousness of rape and the lifelong trauma it can cause.
Well I sure hope Memphis PD IA or someone is looking in to what happened with the 09/21 case at that time! I hate to think that there could have been victim blaming involved, though it happens too often. They’re certainly interested in pursuing a case now.

Well I sure hope Memphis PD IA or someone is looking in to what happened with the 09/21 case at that time! I hate to think that there could have been victim blaming involved, though it happens too often. They’re certainly interested in pursuing a case now.
As they should. This is obviously a dangerous criminal who has probably preyed on others. Many of us who followed this thread surmised that the perpetrator had committed other violent crimes before kidnapping Eliza. And we were right.

Kidnapping Eliza may have just been a random crime of opportunity, or maybe he had been stalking her, seeing her run previously in the area.

I am very interested in cases of other missing women in the area. Maybe he was more organized in hiding their bodies than this time. That has happened with other serial killers, they almost want to get caught at a point. Or they become more manic with each successive crime.

Why do you think they haven’t released the cause of death? I had thought it was out of respect for the memorial service over the weekend. My heart is broken for her small children and family.
Could it be because the Medical Examiner is not associated with LE? I considered calling the ME‘s office, but I feel ghoulish.
  • Is the Medical Examiner Office associated with law enforcement and do they have law enforcement powers?
    No. In Tennessee, the Medical Examiner System is organized under the Commission of Public Health. The reason the Medical Examiner Office is organized under Public Health is because suspicious, unusual, or unnatural deaths may be the first sign or symptom of a public health threat that could affect us all. A second reason that the Medical Examiner System is separate from law enforcement is to insure an independent medical investigation.

Medical Examiner: Karen Chancellor, M.D.
Judicial District: 30th
Forensic Center Performing Autopsy Services: Memphis

Shelby County Medical Examiner - Suspicious Death Autopsies​

637 Poplar Avenue
Memphis, TN 38105
(901) 222-4600

This is not how I understood the post of @Marysmith. I believe she doesn’t think race played any role here.

I, too, don’t believe he had racial motives, and I don’t think wealth of a female victim appealed to him specifically. Maybe, looks, clothes, but not wealth per se. In general, it probably was more impulsivity (“want sex - abduct”) than anything else. Wealth definitely was the motivator in abducting Durand, but I think CH intended to kill Durand to start with. Just my intuition. I believe CH is a cross-racial predator. I wonder what his motivation to hunt at the University was, though - maybe, he was attracted by younger women to start with? Or, the night?

Whether race played any role in his thinking depends on whether there were any victims between that abducted in 2021 and EF. I suspect, there were, and they were killed regardless of the race, and it was absolutely irrelevant to him. However, if CH had only two post-jail victims, that abducted woman and EF, then maybe, there was some transference formed at the time when Durand testified against him, and it played a certain role. However, in my heart of hearts I believe CH was morphing into a SK.

RSBM

Eliza’s grandfather was one of the biggest benefactors and philanthropists of the city, I read. It is only normal and right that the city responded when his granddaughter was abducted, how else? No one blames the city for responding rapidly and efficiently when EF disappeared. It was absolutely right, and the only way to respond.

The LE, however, is blamed for NOT responding the right way to the abduction and rape of the previous woman. This is where they dragged their feet and it, essentially, provided the predator with the time and freedom to attack again. Maybe LE were simply overwhelmed, understaffed, and there were too many things on their plate, though. I assume that mundane human burnout amidst of COVID could have contributed, too.

"Eliza Fletcher's 'killer' Cleotha Abston-Henderson appears in court charged with the rape and kidnapping of ANOTHER woman after DNA taken during latest arrest linked him to the 2021 crime.

Tennessee is a state with the death penalty, and prosecutors today said that they were not ruling it out if he is convicted."

I totally agree. Anyway, it really bothered me that they kept referring to Eliza as an heiress. At the end of the day that fact meant nothing. Sensationalism. If the whole tragedy was about Eliza's family money I would have understood why they kept mentioning it. I'll bet the ranch that when that dirtbag saw Eliza he wasn't thinking about ransom or his meal ticket.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592
Back