Found Deceased TN - Eliza "Liza" Fletcher Abducted While Jogging Near University of Memphis #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. And how close it that area to the abduction place?

It is starting to remind me of Green River Killer in his early days.
It is not very close to the abduction area.
This map reflects that it is in a totally different area from any that is being searched.
Keep in mind as always that these "drive times" are in ideal conditions. Certainly not in daily traffic.
This map shows the location of the Malco Theater as the dropped pin in red.
It ends at the abduction site.
Chi

Attachments

• 305263888_6162607173765951_8990415708211434982_n.jpg
    305263888_6162607173765951_8990415708211434982_n.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 16
What do we know? Twice, he was unhappy, but he had quite a rap sheet.,.even until he got a brilliant idea to abduct a well-known lawyer and got 20 years. But the previous crimes - he got away with them, I be it because he was a juvenile, or maybe the attacks were of lesser magnitude. Remember, there was a similar abduction of a mother and a child before Durand, but no witnesses.

Now he abducted Eliza, and her husband’s friends, and the Uni, and the police, everyone responded. There are camera views, etc.

But before, he had a burglary charge and it was still pending. Who said he couldn’t have abducted and killed some woman whose disappearance went unnoticed? In the area without cameras?

Here are previous charges of Cleota, before Kemper’s abduction. They include rape. About a similar one, I am looking for the article. Victim of Eliza Fletcher abduction suspect: "Lucky" escape saved my life

This is my just my opinion- a person on the prowl isn’t going to wear sliders. The entire crime is amateurish and clearly not at all thought out. So I just don’t believe he has done this before.

It seems like most of his crimes ( if not all) he has been caught from looking at his record.

He seems completely impulsive and a idiot to boot which doesn’t lead me to believe he has killed before or he would of been caught.

imo

The case number is different, so I'm not sure if those 3 bottom ones are related or not.

He may have needed cash quickly to buy cleaning supplies or something, so maybe it's related but not related to Eliza directly (her card).

I mean, you have no reasonable expectation that a jogger is going to be carrying a wallet.
No, but a lot of people will carry a single credit card and an ID on very long runs in case of emergencies. Many running shorts have pockets just big enough to fit these, a key, maybe a phone. Was there an ATM nearby? Maybe used the AppleWallet on her phone before smashing it? I'm thinking CC though.

ETA: Based on his juvenile record and his Facebook posts, I'm seeing a pattern of deep hatred of women. So entirely possible that robbery wasn't the motive: SA or murder was. Then the robbery was the crime of opportunity when he found her card. All pure speculation as we don't even know it was her card/identity he stole yet.

Last edited:
Oh…I didn’t see that.
“Before Abston's conviction for kidnapping Durand, he had already appeared in juvenile court numerous times for charges including theft, aggravated assault, aggravated assault with a weapon, and rape,”

I’ll change my earlier post to “accusation of rape,” and add the link. Thank you!

But the above is quite an active career for someone who’s just 16 years old.

They also have footage of him committing the crime in addition to the blood evidence. They must have found a significant amount to say he inflicted great bodily harm. I think they have enough for a no body case, especially considering there is possibly direct evidence.

But I think LE will find her.
I wonder if the video shows him knocking her out/down and then carrying her to the car and that's how they are so sure. Purely speculation.

I am not caught up on all the posts.
I just want to say without being too identifiable that after re-reading the affidavit, it states MPD has images of CA at the Malco Theater on Germantown Parkway wearing the slide sandals the day before Eliza's abduction. The slides he left behind that contained his DNA and led to his apprehension.
That's extremely near me. I would have no clue as to why he was at that particular Malco.
The cleaning service mentioned in the affidavit is not large and does not clean the Malco Theaters.
Since he was out in the Cordova area of Memphis, which is not very near to his residence nor the abduction area, I am left to wonder just how many areas need to be searched. His apparent "zone/s of comfort" must extend all over this city and Shelby County. Not good. :(
I wonder if they will eventually extend their search efforts further out from the city central areas.
*Source of Affidavit Police believe missing Eliza Fletcher ‘suffered serious injury,’ suspect charged in her kidnapping
snippet: "According to the affidavit, Abston’s DNA was found on the slides, and investigators discovered surveillance footage, from the Malco Theater on Germantown Parkway of Abston wearing the same slides a day before the abduction."
Malco Theatres - Cordova Cinema
1080 N Germantown Pkwy, Cordova, TN 38018
35.155723, -89.709789
Should they be searching in this area also? I do not know.
View attachment 364382
JMO
Chi
So, do you think HE told them he was at the movies or did someone they interviewed tell them he had gone to the movie theatre the night before? Would it make any sense they would have found that film without help?

Well, maybe she had a wallet type thing attached to her phone (sticks on and holds driver license and bank cards).
I would think a jogger would leave a cc at home just in case they lose it let alone getting mugged, and she would not need a cc at 4:30 am as most businesses are closed.
IMO, he abducted her for one reason only, SA.

So, do you think HE told them he was at the movies or did someone they interviewed tell them he had gone to the movie theatre the night before? Would it make any sense they would have found that film without help?
If LE has his phone, they know where he's been. Pull video from the locations and you've got evidence of the shoes & clothing he wears.

I still go back to him being without shoes, in the dark, looking for a place to hide a person. I'm sure he wouldn't walk over gravel so I continue to think a grassy area, water or something like that. JMOO
He may have carried extra shoes in the car with him, especially if he was getting off of a nightime cleaning job. Sneakers or boots, etc. They get soiled at work and you take them off in the car and put on your slides.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member