Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya'll, I am from this area and I know the ex bf from middle and high school. I am very curious to see how this will work out. All of us in the area are so confused and we are just anxiously awaiting a person to even look out for. We know the car but no suspect description. Soo many rumors, we just want to find this baby!!
Know the car? As in locals have seen it around and may know where to find it?

MOO...I think the car description may have come from a potential tip I read about but can’t bring here due to SM rules.

Sadly, I can't cite a single example. Maybe someone else can.

The only ones I can think of involve abductions by family members, and in all those cases someone tried to report them missing; either LE didn't understand what made the child missing ("you know where they are, even if it's out of the country with someone who isn't supposed to have them? not missing, then") or the parent who reported hadn't gotten full custody at the time.

From the article:

PEOPLE confirms that the toddler’s mother, Megan “Maggie” Boswell, was questioned by authorities at the Sullivan County Sheriff’s office on Thursday evening. She was not charged with any crime and left the Sheriff’s office after the questioning.

When Megan Boswell left the Sheriff’s office, she declined to give an interview to a reporter from WJHL-TV. It is unclear whether she has an attorney and she has not returned PEOPLE’s messages for comment.

Last edited:
upload_2020-2-21_11-55-34.jpeg
Officials with the Sheriff’s Office said Friday, “Please be advised that the Sullivan County Sheriff’s Office will hold a short press conference at 2:00 PM today to update members of the media regarding the status of our investigation in reference to missing child Evelyn Boswell.”

News Channel 11 will have a reporter at that news conference and will provide the latest update live on-air, on WJHL.com and our WJHL Facebook page.
Happening Today: SCSO news conference at 2 p.m. regarding AMBER Alert for missing 15-month-old

Interesting that the vehicle that the public is supposed to be on the lookout for now is said to have individuals who may have information regarding the whereabouts of Evelyn, vs the usual wording we see in vehicles tied to Amber Alerts which usually say "believed to be in the company of" or "possibly in the company of" and name(s) and/or photo(s) are often supplied as well.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into the differences, just seems they dont expect Evelyn to be with these individuals, they just feel they have info and want want to speak to them yet also dont want or feel they need to share their photos or names? IMO/JMO/MOO

How did they even get the plate #? Did someone observe the abduction 2 months ago, wrote the plate # down, then said nothing until now? Or possibly LE knows exactly who they are looking for and pulled their vehicle registration records?

They have not officially said yet, but I believe they are looking for 2 specific people, who may not be the registered owners of the car. JMO.

Perhaps she was told not to speak to the media by her attorney or the court. Many cases when Juvenile court is involved , they prohibit media interviews especially if the parent is involved with social services. JMO

I'm wondering if the woman with her WAS her attorney or someone from the courts, because you can not bring a pocketbook beyond that scanner area. At least, regular people can't. Trust me, I've had to make that long walk back to the car on a few occasions because I forgot the "pocketbook rule ".

Not saying a word.
WATCH: Mother of 15-month-old at center of AMBER Alert caught on camera leaving court

ETA: By the way, that is a REALLY long walk from the courthouse to the parking lot and you aren't allowed to bring shoulder bags (pocket books, back packs, etc.) into the courthouse, so I'm curious as to how the woman with MB managed that.)

They make exceptions for attorneys or assistants who need to bring work-related items inside. I don't know who this woman is, but I wonder if she's acting in some official capacity?

I was certain mom or an "associate" of mom's had killed this child, but I don't know what to make of the vehicle description and plate number.

From the article:

PEOPLE confirms that the toddler’s mother, Megan “Maggie” Boswell, was questioned by authorities at the Sullivan County Sheriff’s office on Thursday evening. She was not charged with any crime and left the Sheriff’s office after the questioning.

When Megan Boswell left the Sheriff’s office, she declined to give an interview to a reporter from WJHL-TV. It is unclear whether she has an attorney and she has not returned PEOPLE’s messages for comment.

I believe Casey Anthony was questioned several times prior to her arrest. LE is getting their ducks in a row. MOO

Authorities searching for missing Kingsport woman not heard from in 2 months

Same time frame same area. This is msm but not known to be connected. Can I post this here?

Also, courthouse regulars with ID are often not subject to the same restrictions re: handbags etc. Think attorneys but also employees.

I hesitated to post the Lucy Steffey info, but it piqued my interest as well. I went digging this morning, but couldn't find much info on her. LE seems kind of tight-lipped on her as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592