Found Deceased TN - Evelyn Boswell, 15 months, Sullivan County, 26 DEC 2019 *MOM ARRESTED* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she was found alive they wouldn’t need to do a DNA test to verify... IMHO this is a steaming pile of crap.
I’m don’t necessarily believe this report, but...if someone was claiming her to be a different child completely, and has some kind of paperwork (maybe falsified) to that end, but they’re pretty sure it’s her, maybe they might do DNA to prove the claim it’s NOT her as false?
I take all media reports with a grain of salt. I prefer to wait until LE gives updates, there I know I have real facts.
I hope they have another presser on Monday, and address KFC, the trailer search and the pond search.

I’m don’t necessarily believe this report, but...if someone was claiming her to be a different child completely, and has some kind of paperwork (maybe falsified) to that end, but they’re pretty sure it’s her, maybe they might do DNA to prove the claim it’s NOT her as false?

I hope they have another presser on Monday, and address KFC, the trailer search and the pond search.
I am curious because I have been waiting for a definite yes or no about SO much.... praying for some progress, these LE officials have been working so hard!

There are too many posts for me to quote, but I wanted to comment on the quality of the journalism in that area, which many of you have mentioned.

I hope I don't come off as offensive, or like the big city slicker or anything. My apologies to those who are local to Evelyn's area if I do!

I've been slightly appalled since the beginning by the quality of the questioning and newscasting that I've seen. It's quite apparent that they are young, and certainly inexperienced with news on a national scale.
Here in the media center of America and possibly the world, (NYC), I understand that our journalists have reached the big time. When they were on their training wheels in small-market areas, we did not get to see them when they were inexperienced and prone to gaffes. For the journalists doing their jobs there, I know they are working hard and doing their best, and I applaud them. But they are not accustomed to this and it shows in a million ways. Poorly worded questions with weak follow-up, a lot of needless repetition, applying too much credibility to what their sources say, and just a tone of excitability that would not happen here. I understand that and it would almost be amusing if it weren't so tragic. But now we are at the point where the news has to be retracted so frequently that it is an impediment to the investigation.

I presume LE is also unaccustomed to the national spotlight, yet they seem to be handling everything very professionally.

Again, I truly don't mean to sound insulting to anyone local! But most of you who are local seem to be saying the same thing, so I'm jumping in. If the journalists there stay in their careers, they will eventually become the hardened veterans to which we are accustomed here.

I absolutely agree with you, AND I admire the doggedness with which some of our local young journos have pursued this case.

Extremely quiet day today regarding this case. Aside from the faulty reporting, not much is being said. Lots of people talking about it out and about town and it feels like people are reaching a boiling point the more time that passes and nothing is coming out.

LE has done a fine job handling this bizarre case, but I would think they are going to have to start providing more information about some of the more recent developments.

Kristen Gallant WJHL on Twitter
The Sullivan Co. Sheriff’s Office says the reward for finding missing Evelyn Boswell is over $61K. I spoke to several businesses in Kingsport who have donated to the reward fund. Hear from those businesses tonight at 6 on @WJHL11 and @ABCTriCities
ER-exBeWkAAgqTY.jpg
ER-exBpXYAEVQoA.jpg

5:19 PM - 29 Feb 2020

Last edited:
Kristen Gallant WJHL on Twitter
The Sullivan Co. Sheriff’s Office says the reward for finding missing Evelyn Boswell is over $61K. I spoke to several businesses in Kingsport who have donated to the reward fund. Hear from those businesses tonight at 6 on @WJHL11 and @ABCTriCities
ER-exBeWkAAgqTY.jpg
ER-exBpXYAEVQoA.jpg

5:19 PM - 29 Feb 2020

How about raising some money for a reward for information that leads to an arrest or conviction? I get people want to help but as time goes on the chance that Evelyn is found alive is close to none. She’s a tiny baby who can’t care for herself, not a teenage runaway.

Thank you, YojimboTN. Yours was one of the posts that got me to thinking. I'm sorry it's a long-standing problem there and I hope you get more qualified people. You all deserve accurate information even for local issues.

I think Juber, Jimbo and I could have gone on and on regarding this topic, but were trying to pull ourselves back a little in order to not to get too far off Evelyn.

The dying art of journalism in general would make for an interesting discussion topic elsewhere on WS's, though.

JMO

LE identifies dead bodies without a DNA test, why would they need one here for a live baby only missing 3 months?

He’s treating it like when 20 years after a baby is kidnapped and some teenager claims to be the kid. I can’t see why they’d need it after a couple of months?

It could very well be a mandated routine procedure for children under a certain age and not specific to this case.

I have read so many news articles now that I can not locate the one I need, of course. I read that LE continue to stay hopeful about finding Evelyn alive, and do not find it necessary to use volunteer search parties.
I find that odd. I thought that volunteer search parties were the norm in cases like this. I know LE has more information than the general public (as they should), but it makes me wonder if they really do know that there is a greater chance that Evelyn is alive? Maybe it’s just wishful thinking on my part.

I have read so many news articles now that I can not locate the one I need, of course. I read that LE continue to stay hopeful about finding Evelyn alive, and do not find it necessary to use volunteer search parties.
I find that odd. I thought that volunteer search parties were the norm in cases like this. I know LE has more information than the general public (as they should), but it makes me wonder if they really do know that there is a greater chance that Evelyn is alive? Maybe it’s just wishful thinking on my part.

The Sheriff said it may come to that at some point, but right now, there is no specific place TO look. We are a very big county, and many of us also interact with other local counties on a daily basis (Carter County, Washington County, etc. ). This child could be anywhere. A random search would just be ridiculous.

this is what i was going to post, they basically can't narrow down a search area right now and when they do they will use search parties if that happens

And trust me, they will have no shortage of volunteers if it comes that that. My husband's and I and his entire company would be there in full force, as would countless other members of our community. This little girl belongs to all of us, and we want her back, despite even the worst case scenario. She needs to come home. :(

And trust me, they will have no shortage of volunteers if it comes that that. My husband's and I and his entire company would be there in full force, as would countless other members of our community. This little girl belongs to all of us, and we want her back, regardless of even the worst case scenario. She needs to come home. :(
I have a lot of family in the area. They definitely would have no problem. Everyone is worried and willing to help any way.

From Gray Hughes Investigates

Even though I don't really care much for this guy he is approved on here so I will post the link to his RUMOR about baby Evelyn being found alive. The details are on his community page on youtube. So for what it's worth heres the link.

Gray Hughes Investigates
Well heck, just checked and it seems Gary has removed his rumor post because he was criticized for spreading rumors. Then he gets kinda indignant about being criticized for spreading rumors because he labelled the rumors as rumors. Which raises an interesting point about is it ok to print or report on video anything you want to as long as you call it a rumor?

Extremely quiet day today regarding this case. Aside from the faulty reporting, not much is being said. Lots of people talking about it out and about town and it feels like people are reaching a boiling point the more time that passes and nothing is coming out.

LE has done a fine job handling this bizarre case, but I would think they are going to have to start providing more information about some of the more recent developments.

I am *SO* hopeful that the quiet means that LE is onto something and that nothing will be released until they are super confident in what to release next. It's still completely mind-boggling to me that no POIs have cracked (that we have been made aware of) and that we still don't know where Evelyn is. I dreamt about her all night last night. All my own opinions and speculations.

Well heck, just checked and it seems Gary has removed his rumor post because he was criticized for spreading rumors. Then he gets kinda indignant about being criticized for spreading rumors because he labelled the rumors as rumors. Which raises an interesting point about is it ok to print or report on video anything you want to as long as you call it a rumor?

I think it depends on your platform and following and where you heard the rumor. I’m not familiar with this Gary guy, but if he has a large number of followers then it’s completely irresponsible of him to propagate that stuff even if it’s labeled a rumor.

Additionally, it’s one thing if he heard it from someone who might actually know versus some random person on the Internet tweeting at him. My guess is it’s more the latter in this scenario, so very irresponsible, IMO.

Again, I’m not familiar with him, so maybe this doesn’t apply, but some people just want to be “first” in reporting something. Calling it a rumor allows him to basically not take responsibility for it being wrong, while still potentially getting to claim he knew and was first if it’s right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aoajanw