TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having a hard time understanding WHY she even went to the lake house to spend the night.. Thats about a four hour drive, and thats just one way..JMHO
It's not the going to the lake house that is perplexing, it is coming BACK from the lake house that is odd indeedy.
She had a fight with her dh on the 29th and LE was called. Once they cooled off it was agreed she would spend the night at the lake house and he would stay at the Signal Mountain house. She was also given the number for a safe house.
So driving up there makes good sense, but coming back makes no sense.

Is her husband claiming he does not know when she left to go to the Lake house ?Anyone know IF her children were out of school for Spring Break the week after Easter.. My granddaughter was out the entire week after Easter for Spring Break..
I know schools got out early on Wednesday the 27th the day of the storms and many schools in our area did not go to school on Thursday the 28th or Friday the 29th after the storms.

It's not the going to the lake house that is perplexing, it is coming BACK from the lake house that is odd indeedy.
She had a fight with her dh on the 29th and LE was called. Once they cooled off it was agreed she would spend the night at the lake house and he would stay at the Signal Mountain house. She was also given the number for a safe house.
So driving up there makes good sense, but coming back makes no sense.

I'm just thinking IF I had agreed to leave for the night I would have attempted to find lodging closer rather than four hours away..JMHO

Is her husband claiming he does not know when she left to go to the Lake house ?Anyone know IF her children were out of school for Spring Break the week after Easter.. My granddaughter was out the entire week after Easter for Spring Break..
I know schools got out early on Wednesday the 27th the day of the storms and many schools in our area did not go to school on Thursday the 28th or Friday the 29th after the storms.

Yes, Em..was my understanding that all kids left with Mom to the Lake house to get away from him on April 29 to 30. Then....

I'm having a hard time understanding WHY she even went to the lake house to spend the night.. Thats about a four hour drive, and thats just one way..JMHO

Thing IS...friend tried to wave, said she'd never seen her like that before. Was it her?

>>Matt Palmgren said his wife returned with the children and the family’s dogs early April 30 from the family’s lake house, about 20 miles north of Montgomery, Ala. He said he did not know how long she had been there and that she dropped the children off with no one home at about noon<<
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/07/police-searching-missing-signal-woman/?local

Upon reading this again, I wonder if it was not poor wording by someone - possibly Matt or the reporter. It could be that he is saying she returned from the lake house sometime on the 30th...he didn't know if it was at 8 am or 11am, and then left the children there sometime around 12. So, in truth, he would not have known exactly how long she was gone.

I am going back to the beginning of the thread and Salem this was a good question because he knew exactly how long she was gone. He knew when she left and he knew when she dropped off the kids.
So what in the world is this about?
ETA: ok here is the passage- I should re read the section about the encounter with LE. Didn't he know she left asfter the police call?

>>Matt Palmgren said his wife returned with the children and the family&#8217;s dogs early April 30 from the family&#8217;s lake house, about 20 miles north of Montgomery, Ala. He said he did not know how long she had been there and that she dropped the children off with no one home at about noon<<
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/07/police-searching-missing-signal-woman/?local

Pretty clear to me that he knew when she left and when she came back. But it seems that the agreement was for the night. perhaps she felt compelled to come back per their agreement?

>>On April 29 Mrs. Palmgren called again to report another incident and, during their investigation, officers provided her with &#8220;phone numbers of a safe place to stay.&#8221;

That dispute was resolved when &#8220;Matthew Palmgren agreed to stay at 40 Ridge Rock Drive and let Gail Palmgren take their two children . . . to their lake house in Alabama for the night,&#8221; police said in their incident report.<
http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_201004.asp

No, we had spring break in March... most of the schools were out on the 28th and 29th due to the storms and some were even out some of the next week.

Fact:
Gail Nowacki Palmgren disappeared without a trace, sometime between 4/29/11 and 4/30/11.

In the most recent days prior to her disappearance, Gail called 911 three times. Officers responded as a DV call.

The night of 4/29/11, when Gail was seen by someone other than her husband, LE answered and 911 call, and the husband agreed to stay in the marital home and Gail took the children and went to their cabin for the night. She was given a 'safe number' in case she needed it.

Gail stopped by a friend's on her way out of town with the children. The friend said Gail was scared but wouldn't talk about it in front of the children.

A neighbor of the Palmgren's saw Gail's car leave from the marital home, around 12 noon, 4/30/11.

The husband did not report his wife missing until 2 days later after being urged to by her extended family.

Gail is still missing, including her Jeep car.

The husband has filed separation papers against Gail and requested permanent custody of their children. He has also requested exclusive use of their home.

Gail's extended family have arrived from other states and combed the surrounding area searching for their loved one, placing flyers everywhere they could, talking to the media, talking to LE.

Gail's extended family claim in media reports that Gail was not mentally ill or unstable. They did not believe she would disappear without calling them or someone. As days have gone by, Gails extended family have become increasingly concerned about her.

Gail's friend gave an interview to the media and claims the account of Gail calling 911 one day and the police report claims the argument was over the husband wanting to use Gail's Jeep to pull his boat to the lake vacation home is BS and that the boat has been down at the lake home for three years.

Friends claim Gail has no 'mental' or emotional problems.

Gail had a black eye in the not to distant days leading up to her disappearance. Gail CLAIMED she ran into something.

The extended family is looking for all the media coverage they can get to help find their loved one.

Husband claims:

Gail dropped the children off at the marital home, leaving them alone and took off.

Matt Palmgren said his wife returned with the children and the family’s dogs early April 30 from the family’s lake house, about 20 miles north of Montgomery, Ala. He said he did not know how long she had been there and that she dropped the children off with no one home at about noon.
“You can imagine what a difficult time it is for me and the kids right now,” he said.
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2...l-woman/?local

Gail submitted a change of address on the day she disappeared, 4/30/11.

Gail changed her pin # on accounts containing sizeable balances, adding up to over $400K.

Husband claims at least $300K of the accounts Gail changed the 'pin # on are marital assets.

Gail removed over $30K worth of valuables from the family home.

Gail has mental problems and is delusional.

Gail has numerous perscriptions for drugs.

Gail was paranoid and had been afraid she was being followed and taking down license plate numbers.

Gail has left before but not without staying in contact with the kids:

Matt Palmgren said in a telephone interview Friday that his wife has disappeared before.
“We’re very upset,” Matt Palmgren said. “She’s had psychiatric issues in the past. ... Usually she just goes somewhere and decompresses but stays in contact with the kids.”

Husband has said his attorney told him not to talk to the press. The media phone calls requesting additional information now go unanswered by the husband.

OTOH, I'm sorry for this, but we must take 'rumor' into account here. We already know there's a ton of 'rumors.' So let's take the 'rumors' into account and note them as such:

NOT Fact, Rumor:

Gail was increasingly afraid of her husband per friends.

Gail had not changed the Pin# on the accounts,(allegedly) but her husband had. anonymous source

Gail wasn't metally unstable but............(allegedly)The husband has a substance problem, anonymous source.

Gail was not spending the funds from these large sized saving accounts, (allegedly)but her husband was bragging of an $1800 bar tab, anonyomous source.

The husband is (allegedly) having an affair with someone from work. He's still calling her even now, since Gail has been missing without a trace. anonymous source.

The husband has allegedly engaged the services of a criminal defense attorney.

Under normal circumstances, LE would have already had detectives review this case. I'm not even a detective and IMHO, the facts, rumor, statements, would warrant further investigation. In big cities, this most likely would have already been labeled a 'criminal investigation,' with the victim disappearing under 'mysterious circumstances' and the truth to all of the above must be answered. Meaning, not rumors and benign statements without verifying to the truth to the matter.

I think some people have some splainin' to do. If they're NOT forthcoming, then we all know what the next steps are for LE. ;)

This isn't tv or an episode of Law and Order. These are REAL people and Gail is a REAL live person who was last seen by her husband the night of 4/29/11, or LE in response to the 911 call whereby Gail agreed to leave with the children on 4/29/11, or a friend who saw her on her way out of town and Gail was scared on 4/29/11,.... or a neighbor reporting her CAR leaving the marital home during the daylight hours on 4/30/11.

Where is Gail?

JMHO
fran

PS for locals! As it's now RUMORED that hubby has obtained the services of a criminal defense attorney, who would be local that you think it could possibly be? Or would he have to go down the mountain to obtain such services? just wonderin', fran

&#8206;::banghead: ::loser:
"My Bad" ppl,I apologize for misinforming with regard 2 the static sticker on the window of 1 of the JEEP's you see pictured in thee postings.We were trying 2 get an accurate(better)pix of what Gail's JEEP actually looks like & I inadvertently placed the wrong information with regard 2 the sticker.There is NO ARKANSASCRAWLERS.COM sticker on Gail's JEEP's windshield.Thx for catching that Maria PN and once again I do apologize ;o)
THE JEEP PICTURED HERE IS ACTUALLY GAIL'S:crazy:

Attachments

• GAILSSnowyJEEPrubicontoo.JPG
    GAILSSnowyJEEPrubicontoo.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 10

Way far away? Kids, check. Away from house, check. Then got a grip.

tyvm Fran for putting all in order!

PS for locals! As it's now RUMORED that hubby has obtained the services of a criminal defense attorney, who would be local that you think it could possibly be? Or would he have to go down the mountain to obtain such services?

&#9829;

Fact:
Gail Nowacki Palmgren disappeared without a trace, sometime between 4/29/11 and 4/30/11.

In the most recent days prior to her disappearance, Gail called 911 three times. Officers responded as a DV call.

The night of 4/29/11, when Gail was seen by someone other than her husband, LE answered and 911 call, and the husband agreed to stay in the marital home and Gail took the children and went to their cabin for the night. She was given a 'safe number' in case she needed it.

Gail stopped by a friend's on her way out of town with the children. The friend said Gail was scared but wouldn't talk about it in front of the children.

A neighbor of the Palmgren's saw Gail's car leave from the marital home, around 12 noon, 4/30/11.

The husband did not report his wife missing until 2 days later after being urged to by her extended family.

Gail is still missing, including her Jeep car.

The husband has filed separation papers against Gail and requested permanent custody of their children. He has also requested exclusive use of their home.

Gail's extended family have arrived from other states and combed the surrounding area searching for their loved one, placing flyers everywhere they could, talking to the media, talking to LE.

Gail's extended family claim in media reports that Gail was not mentally ill or unstable. They did not believe she would disappear without calling them or someone. As days have gone by, Gails extended family have become increasingly concerned about her.

Gail's friend gave an interview to the media and claims the account of Gail calling 911 one day and the police report claims the argument was over the husband wanting to use Gail's Jeep to pull his boat to the lake vacation home is BS and that the boat has been down at the lake home for three years.

Friends claim Gail has no 'mental' or emotional problems.

Gail had a black eye in the not to distant days leading up to her disappearance. Gail CLAIMED she ran into something.

The extended family is looking for all the media coverage they can get to help find their loved one.

Husband claims:

Gail dropped the children off at the marital home, leaving them alone and took off.

Matt Palmgren said his wife returned with the children and the family’s dogs early April 30 from the family’s lake house, about 20 miles north of Montgomery, Ala. He said he did not know how long she had been there and that she dropped the children off with no one home at about noon.
“You can imagine what a difficult time it is for me and the kids right now,” he said.

Gail submitted a change of address on the day she disappeared, 4/30/11.

Gail changed her pin # on accounts containing sizeable balances, adding up to over $400K.

Husband claims at least $300K of the accounts Gail changed the 'pin # on are marital assets.

Gail removed over $30K worth of valuables from the family home.

Gail has mental problems and is delusional.

Gail has numerous perscriptions for drugs.

Gail was paranoid and had been afraid she was being followed and taking down license plate numbers.

Gail has left before but not without staying in contact with the kids:

Matt Palmgren said in a telephone interview Friday that his wife has disappeared before.
“We’re very upset,” Matt Palmgren said. “She’s had psychiatric issues in the past. ... Usually she just goes somewhere and decompresses but stays in contact with the kids.”

Husband has said his attorney told him not to talk to the press. The media phone calls requesting additional information now go unanswered by the husband.

OTOH, I'm sorry for this, but we must take 'rumor' into account here. We already know there's a ton of 'rumors.' So let's take the 'rumors' into account and note them as such:

NOT Fact, Rumor:

Gail was increasingly afraid of her husband per friends.

Gail had not changed the Pin# on the accounts,(allegedly) but her husband had. anonymous source

Gail wasn't metally unstable but............(allegedly)The husband has a substance problem, anonymous source.

Gail was not spending the funds from these large sized saving accounts, (allegedly)but her husband was bragging of an $1800 bar tab, anonyomous source.

The husband is (allegedly) having an affair with someone from work. He's still calling her even now, since Gail has been missing without a trace. anonymous source.

The husband has allegedly engaged the services of a criminal defense attorney.

Under normal circumstances, LE would have already had detectives review this case. I'm not even a detective and IMHO, the facts, rumor, statements, would warrant further investigation. In big cities, this most likely would have already been labeled a 'criminal investigation,' with the victim disappearing under 'mysterious circumstances' and the truth to all of the above must be answered. Meaning, not rumors and benign statements without verifying to the truth to the matter.

I think some people have some splainin' to do. If they're NOT forthcoming, then we all know what the next steps are for LE. ;)

This isn't tv or an episode of Law and Order. These are REAL people and Gail is a REAL live person who was last seen by her husband the night of 4/29/11, or LE in response to the 911 call whereby Gail agreed to leave with the children on 4/29/11, or a friend who saw her on her way out of town and Gail was scared on 4/29/11,.... or a neighbor reporting her CAR leaving the marital home during the daylight hours on 4/30/11.

Where is Gail?

JMHO
fran

PS for locals! As it's now RUMORED that hubby has obtained the services of a criminal defense attorney, who would be local that you think it could possibly be? Or would he have to go down the mountain to obtain such services? just wonderin', fran

I believe he could make the Mtn attorneys come to him.....just jmo

It seems like we are focusing on the trip to the lakehouse and back in the last several posts, and that got me wondering about a few things.

We all know that on the 29th they had a dispute and the police were called. Do we know if that is the dispute where he wanted to drive different cars? If so, here is a possible senario... they had planned on a weekend at the lake to check for damage from the storms or to get away from storm issues at home or just to get away. The dispute happened - he got out of the car, cops were called. Since she was ready to go, had clothes, kids etc. packed and he did not want to go, agreement was made that she would go on down, he would stay home and get over it. She went (or maybe she didn't go all the way there, kids or neighbors, etc could provide that info) but wanted to come home make up with him or wanted to be alone so brought children home. For whatever reason, she decided to go back or go off somewhere else.

For that matter, her coming home could have been as simple as one of the kids had something they were supposed to do i.e. ballgame, etc.

As for the someone else driving off in the jeep theory, that would pose a few issues. She obviously brought the kids home. They were with her. If someone were in the car forcing her to drive, the kids would have known. If they all got home and went in then someone drove off in the car, she would have still been at home. I assume you are implying that he did something to her and then drove off in the jeep to get rid of it, but I would think it would be hard to do something that drastic with kids in the house and them not hear or see something. Just doesn't seem to add up to me.

Just throwing out some ideas...

There are few if any attorneys who actually have their practice on the mountain. Many live up here, but their offices would be down the mountain. The criminal defense attorney may not be known yet, but some attorney must be on record for the filings that have already gone through Chancery Court. It's possible it could be the same attorney. Anybody know the attorney who has already filed papers? Aren't those public documents?

It seems like we are focusing on the trip to the lakehouse and back in the last several posts, and that got me wondering about a few things.

We all know that on the 29th they had a dispute and the police were called. Do we know if that is the dispute where he wanted to drive different cars? If so, here is a possible senario... they had planned on a weekend at the lake to check for damage from the storms or to get away from storm issues at home or just to get away. The dispute happened - he got out of the car, cops were called. Since she was ready to go, had clothes, kids etc. packed and he did not want to go, agreement was made that she would go on down, he would stay home and get over it. She went (or maybe she didn't go all the way there, kids or neighbors, etc could provide that info) but wanted to come home make up with him or wanted to be alone so brought children home. For whatever reason, she decided to go back or go off somewhere else.

For that matter, her coming home could have been as simple as one of the kids had something they were supposed to do i.e. ballgame, etc.

As for the someone else driving off in the jeep theory, that would pose a few issues. She obviously brought the kids home. They were with her. If someone were in the car forcing her to drive, the kids would have known. If they all got home and went in then someone drove off in the car, she would have still been at home. I assume you are implying that he did something to her and then drove off in the jeep to get rid of it, but I would think it would be hard to do something that drastic with kids in the house and them not hear or see something. Just doesn't seem to add up to me.

I happen to believe that she did drop them off at 12. But I also think it is very strange that she did so.
I wish we knew if the kids gave LE a statement though. That would be helpful as to what she was wearing and/or if they noticed anything wrong or was she in a hurry or...anything.

Good theory, but she really kicked him out of the car for NOT wanting to fix the place up? meh

tyvm Fran for putting all in order!

PS for locals! As it's now RUMORED that hubby has obtained the services of a criminal defense attorney, who would be local that you think it could possibly be? Or would he have to go down the mountain to obtain such services?

&#9829;
While I have also heard he has hired a criminal defense atty, we cannot perpetuate this story without solid confirmation including a link to the source. so, unless someone can answer this question as to who the attorney is IF IF there is one, then let's refrain from discussion about it. This would be a HUGE development and we need to tread carefully here.
We can leave it posted in Fran's post as long as we all understand it is a rumor. You can feel free to throw out some defense attorney guesses and/or names but please limit discussion.
Thanks for your understanding everyone.

Another thought... everyone is bashing him for not reporting this for 2 days, but lets think about this. They argue, police are called, she leaves with kids, she returns kids.

Depending on what the kids had to say, i.e. mom said she was going back to the lake, if I am Matt, I am thinking she's gone back to the lake house to "decompress". He could have even tried to call her there - don't know, but there would be records somewhere. Didn't get and answer - she's still mad and wont answer. Two days isn't really that long esp. if you are upset with someone. Considering how things are going, I do wish he had done it earlier, it would have looked better for him, but hind sight is 20/20.

Respectfully snipped for cyberspace preservation. :)

All of the media reports I've seen, it's the husband said this, the husband said that, and.......................

NOT ONE word what the children said.

IF the children have not been interviewed by LE, we only have WHAT the HUSBAND said.

just sayin'
fran

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads