TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Undoubtedly, her concerned husband will cooperate fully with LE. The fastest way to get the case moving will be to eliminate everyone close to home and move on. So I wonder if the children were in the car with her when the neighbor last saw her at 12:15PM?? And I wonder if the neighbor is the LNC. :( Bless this poor woman and her family. It sounds like it has all been very turbulent.

I live on Signal Mountain not very far from the St. Ives subdivision where her home is. We did not lose power at all during the storms. We huddled in the closet once but didn't experience more than wind and rain. Signal was virtually untouched by the storms. We were very lucky in that respect. Wal-Mart is at the foot of the mountain but again, there was no damage in that area. She would have been able to navigate between home and the Wal-Mart with no problem.

Depending on when the disturbance happened between Gail and her husband, say Thursday morning, she would have been able to drive to Montgomery in the daylight with no problem. I do not know what route she would have taken nor the road conditions between Signal and Montgomery after the storms. She may have gone to the lake house with intentions of staying Thursday through the weekend. We were out of school on Thursday and Friday for the storms.

I don't know if Wal-Mart has surveillance cameras.

I do not know this family and have not heard any rumors about town other than what has been in the paper.

Hope this helps.

I live on Signal Mountain not very far from the St. Ives subdivision where her home is. We did not lose power at all during the storms. We huddled in the closet once but didn't experience more than wind and rain. Signal was virtually untouched by the storms. We were very lucky in that respect. Wal-Mart is at the foot of the mountain but again, there was no damage in that area. She would have been able to navigate between home and the Wal-Mart with no problem.

Depending on when the disturbance happened between Gail and her husband, say Thursday morning, she would have been able to drive to Montgomery in the daylight with no problem. I do not know what route she would have taken nor the road conditions between Signal and Montgomery after the storms. She may have gone to the lake house with intentions of staying Thursday through the weekend. We were out of school on Thursday and Friday for the storms.

I do not know this family and have not heard any rumors about town other than what has been in the paper.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info JD and welcome to Websleuths!

I live near Signal Mountain but don't know the area or the family. I do know a friend of the family though and she was told that the family doesn't want national attention. Not sure what that's about. Also there was a FB page with info about Gail(set up by friends of hers trying) to get the word out but yesterday it was taken down.

In total agreement with the concern here, but this sounds like a "flush" job to get her out of hiding. (Psych allegations, recent dispute, safe place, trip out of town)

I think the husband is the one trying to find her the hardest because he's the one she's trying to stay the furthest from.

That being said, with our recent experience, let's make sure that if he's on websleuths he not get any information she doesn't want him to have.

In total agreement with the concern here, but this sounds like a "flush" job to get her out of hiding. (Psych allegations, recent dispute, safe place, trip out of town)

I think the husband is the one trying to find her the hardest because he's the one she's trying to stay the furthest from.

That being said, with our recent experience, let's make sure that if he's on websleuths he not get any information she doesn't want him to have.

BBM: yes, let's not.

Okay, but we should explain to people that she drove home from wherever and would have had to drive "up" the Mountain, drop off the kids, then turn around and drive back down the mountain to get to the Wal Mart. I don't think most people would do it that way without a reason. She could have stopped for groceries before going up the mountain, or she could have just bought groceries up on the mountain, right?

She must have had a good reason for going back down the mountain. Either she was planning to go somewhere else (a safe house?) or she was just leaving home. ETA: I sincerely hope she is okay right now and in a safe place!

Depending on when the disturbance happened between Gail and her husband, say Thursday morning, she would have been able to drive to Montgomery in the daylight with no problem.
I'm sorry, I'm just not sure I agree with that. Alabama was in chaos that day. I can't imagine everything was perfectly fine between here and Birmingham on those days. And I still don't see the point unless she really felt she had nowhere else to go, which is sad.

I do not know what route she would have taken nor the road conditions between Signal and Montgomery after the storms. She may have gone to the lake house with intentions of staying Thursday through the weekend. We were out of school on Thursday and Friday for the storms.
This is confusing to me. It's a 4 1/2 hour drive to Montgomery and back in the best of conditions. Why turn right around and come back?

I think all the Wal-Marts in Chattanooga have surveillance. I'm pretty sure about that.

Would she have left her children behind with him if he was so abusive that she went to a safe house?

She dropped the kids off at home on Saturday and has been missing since. The cell phone ping at Walmart was on Monday morning. Something tells me she dropped the kids off and left, then as she drove by Walmart she tossed the phone out the window.

It's clear she's had some problems with her husband, but I think she had problems with the kids too.

Sorry to double post again, but I wanted to add:

Signal Mountain may not have been touched by the storms as much as the rest of the area, but when she left Wal-Mart she would have been driving through some affected areas no matter where she went. Downtown, the suburbs in all directions, the whole surrounding area, Georgia, Alabama, and places to the north had major problems including no power, downed trees, road closings, and destroyed houses smashed to firewood.

It's the biggest natural disaster in the history of Chattanooga, period.

It really worries me that she disappeared in the middle of all that.

She dropped the kids off at home on Saturday and has been missing since. The cell phone ping at Walmart was on Monday morning. Something tells me she dropped the kids off and left, then as she drove by Walmart she tossed the phone out the window.

It's clear she's had some problems with her husband, but I think she had problems with the kids too.

I agree about the phone. Maybe she bought a new one at Wal-Mart?

I don't understand her dropping off the kids either, but perhaps it will be clearer in time.

Now I dont know that she had problems with her children-IMO that might be a leap. We dont know much-we dont know if she had reason to believe someone was on their way home to take charge of them-someone she may have wanted to avoid. I will be curious about that aspect, TBH.

I would think that she could be in a shelter or safe house for sure-she certainly was preoccupied if the neighbor's interview is credible.

Interesting thought that she may have pitched her cell phone. I am certain LE has whatever video they need from that Wal Mart. MP 101, right?

I would like to hear more about the idea the family does not want national attention?

Thanks paris! When you say "I think"--do you have a link that references a strained relationship with the kids, or did you mean it in the sense of "I suspect that she..."? Just to be clear. :tyou:

I think it is "odd" that the husband says she has psychiatric issues. Immediately I wonder is he trying to set up a scene? Especially when her friend and police seem to contradict this.

I just wonder about the husband and his actions=both verbal and physical.

My husband would say that about me if he wanted someone to believe that I ran away. IMO, it is a typical remark that a manipulator/ control freak would use to discredit someone who stands up to him. :twocents:

I saw that JBean posted the phone ping but where did that info come from? There was no link to a reference.

Thanks JD-a snip from the article that answers the question about the children being dropped off:

"He said he proposed to meet Mrs. Palmgren at the residence on April 30, but when he arrived she was gone"

I saw that JBean posted the phone ping but where did that info come from? There was no link to a reference.

I gave her the info JD-you will just have to take my word for it I am afraid. You are free to question the validity of it for sure, but it is in fact true and it would be a good way of drawing anyone who might have seen her or her phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona