TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere 44 year old Gail Nowacki Palmgren was reported missing by her husband and sister on April 30th.
I'm somewhat confused.. IF her husband waited 48 hours to report her missing was she last seen on the 30th and reported missing on May 2nd or was she reported missing on the 30th?

I saw that in one of the articles too. Only one says that, and my memory is that it was a sentence that tried too hard to summarize. He waited 48 hours, and that is one of the major issues bothering a lot of people.

I read somewhere 44 year old Gail Nowacki Palmgren was reported missing by her husband and sister on April 30th.
I'm somewhat confused.. IF her husband waited 48 hours to report her missing was she last seen on the 30th and reported missing on May 2nd or was she reported missing on the 30th?

April 30th was the last day the husband (or anyone) says they saw her.

He said he proposed to meet Mrs. Palmgren at the residence on April 30, but when he arrived she was gone, having left the two children "by themselves without any supervision."
Mr. Palmgren said the family has not heard from her since.
He said last Wednesday he received a notice from the Post Office indicating she had entered a change of address form dated April 30.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_200931.asp

She was reported missing two days after she drove away.
Matt Palmgren reported his wife missing Monday, two days after she was last seen. Asked whether it was unusual for someone to wait 48 hours to notify police, Tizzio said it depends.
“If it was my wife, if it was me, hopefully I’d have called sooner,” he said.

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/07/police-searching-missing-signal-woman/

Here's something strange about the "change of address."

The husband said:

He said last Wednesday he received a notice from the Post Office indicating she had entered a change of address form dated April 30.

Okay, this is pretty obvious, but wouldn't this "notification" tell the new address of Mrs. Palmgren? Which means he would know where to find her, right? :waitasec: Unless she was going to use a post office box, in which case they would still know the location of the post office where the box was located.

And I remember when my daughter moved away for Law School but before she had her internet hooked up, I had to change her address for her. So I did it all online, simple, and took five minutes.

My point is that beyond your old address and your new address, I don't recall that they ask for any identification beyond an email address. So it seems to me that anyone could have done that change of address and sent the notification to Mr. Palmgren's email or even to his mailing address.

Not much news in this case. LE keeping tight lipped and the family doesn't want it to go national. Her brother stated FBI had been contacted, but I don't know if they are involved yet.

I missed something, where did it say that the family didn't want it to go national? Because I know the sister wants it posted wherever it can be?

Here's something strange about the "change of address."

The husband said:

Okay, this is pretty obvious, but wouldn't this "notification" tell the new address of Mrs. Palmgren? Which means he would know where to find her, right? :waitasec: Unless she was going to use a post office box, in which case they would still know the location of the post office where the box was located.

And I remember when my daughter moved away for Law School but before she had her internet hooked up, I had to change her address for her. So I did it all online, simple, and took five minutes.

My point is that beyond your old address and your new address, I don't recall that they ask for any identification beyond an email address. So it seems to me that anyone could have done that change of address and sent the notification to Mr. Palmgren's email or even to his mailing address.

My daughter just recently filed a change of address with the Post Office and my question is WHY would they notify him in the first place. As I undestand it my daughter's non significant other was not informed of her filling out a form to have all her mail redirected to her present address or am I not understanding something? JMHO.

My daughter just recently filed a change of address with the Post Office and my question is WHY would they notify him in the first place. As I undestand it my daughter's non significant other was not informed of her filling out a form to have all her mail redirected to her present address or am I not understanding something? JMHO.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't ever recall the post office "notifying" anyone of a change of address. They don't have the monies or the manpower to do that. They simply forward the mail to the new address.

I was thinking the same thing. I don't ever recall the post office "notifying" anyone of a change of address. They don't have the monies or the manpower to do that. They simply forward the mail to the new address.

A year and a half ago I moved from Texas to Tennessee. I did my change of address online and USPS did send me a postcard sized note to my current address stating that I had filled out the change of address online. On the postcard they listed the new address and when the mail was to be forwarded. I believe they do this to protect against identity theft. Otherwise anyone can have someones addressed changed.

When an address is changed with the USPS, they send a envelope stating that the person changed addresses to the now-former address. I would assume that's to alert the real owner if someone maliciously or fraudulently changes the address. Since it looks like the Palmgrens have criss-crossed part of the US for job purposes, Mr. Palmgren is probably familiar with the process. If he saw such a confirmation envelope, he likely opened it.

I don't think it has the new address inside, just an explanation that a certain name (doesn't have to be a whole household) changed the address.

Of course, this would be a good subterfuge if he did have something to do with her disappearance.

I have heard a couple of the rumors that were posted in the comments section at the TFP online through word of mouth, but right now, everything is rumor. It's what drives me absolutely crazy about Signal Mtn., or any small tight community. When someone moves into that community and there is a problem such as this, the rumor mill spins out of control.

A year and a half ago I moved from Texas to Tennessee. I did my change of address online and USPS did send me a postcard sized note to my current address stating that I had filled out the change of address online. On the postcard they listed the new address and when the mail was to be forwarded. I believe they do this to protect against identity theft. Otherwise anyone can have someones addressed changed.

My daughter went to the post office and filled out the paperwork for a change of address. At that time she produced her ID.. And she did receive a notification mailed to her current address but to my knowledge a notification was not sent to her previous address...
So is her husband saying he received notification by mail or by email she had requested a change of address? If she applied for change of address online, using their computer, would a notification be sent to their email address?
I'm still not understanding WHY he received the notification...Wouldn't that be an invasion of her privacy especially IF she was attempting to leave him due to physical or emotional abuse? Not saying that is the case but something doesn't quite pass the smell test for me since there have been a number of incidents where police have been involved...

It's sad that we're apparently getting more coverage from New York News than on the local news.

Seems to me that Mr. Palmgren is trying his hardest to prove that Gail left of her own free will, maybe she did, but maybe it's something more sinister!

The last time I changed my address online they made me pay $1.00 on my credit card to make sure they had a trail as to who changed the address. I think this is SOP. I also got a snailmail notification to the old address, but did not reveal the new address.

ETA:As for reporting her missing, one article says that according to the police reports he said he only reported her missing after his family urged him to do so. I'll find that and link it.

The last time I changed my address online they made me pay $1.00 on my credit card to make sure they had a trail as to who changed the address. I think this is SOP. I also got a snailmail notification to the old address, but did not reveal the new address.

ETA:As for reporting her missing, one article says that according to the court documents he said he only reported her missing after his family urged him to do so. I'll find that and link it.

I thought it was her family who urged him to report her missing.. I fully realize I could be wrong..JMHO

I thought it was her family who urged him to report her missing.. I fully realize I could be wrong..JMHO
depends on which article you read. :) The reporter could consider her family as his family.

Her husband, Matthew Palmgren, 40, filed the paperwork May 6 in court. He reported his wife missing to police on May 2 after he was urged by her family, according to Signal Mountain Police Department reports

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2011/may/12/missing-womans-husband-seeks-custody-children/

I missed something, where did it say that the family didn't want it to go national? Because I know the sister wants it posted wherever it can be?
There has not been any indication that her siblings do not want this to go national.

Come to think about it...I've nevet rec'd a confirmation of a change of addy either. IIRC ....his wording was strange on that too. I'll see I can find that statement and ETA. Maybe someone (PI)? was following her...?

Here it is...it was the bank info:
Wonder how or who notified him?

The timeline in this is confusing and I don't know how accurate the news reports are, but your post made me wonder: Normally you might not get a notification if someone changed their pin on a bank account, but since she is missing, that could be the reason for the notification. Even the change of address could have been brought to his attention because she is missing. I think there is a lot going on here behind the scenes that no one is talking about.

There has not been any indication that her siblings do not want this to go national.

Thanks JBean, that's what I thought as well, but then someone posted that, so I didn't get it. Why IS it taking so long to get 'picked up'??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonsuli