TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... I don't know how these guys are ever going to forget this case. I bet it keeps a few of them up at night like it does me. The biggest thing in this report to stand out for me is his statement that they found nothing that will stand up in court. In my opinion the report shows alot of room for "something" nefarious.The witness statement by Dr. ME is very credible, it is a crying shame she was not in the front part of the house to witness the vehicle that turned around in her drive. (Funny OT it so happens I know this witness.... she is a very sharp woman.) Surely someone else heard or saw something and will put 2 + 2 together now that Dr ME has come forward publically.... I can hope can't I?

BBM...I'm in total agreement..JMHO

How would you explain the fact that most of the damage was rear-end damage?

There's the pickle, isn't it?

ETA: Law, I just had a vision of us 15 years from now still trying to figure this one out. Insert sad, frustrated emoticon here.

The accident report states:

On page 43:

There appeared to be a deep indentation matching the aspect of Vehicle # 1's rear trunk area on this ledge. (refers to a ledge that is 82 feet below the edge of the bluff where the right rear tail light assembly and the rock were found)

On page 44 of the accident report it is noted that:

The crush deformation to the trunk area of Vehicle # 1 indicated that it struck the first ledge, upside down, with the front of Vehicle # 1 oriented towards the east.

It was also stated in the report on page 44 that the Jeep hit a tree and knocked it over. It just gave me a sense of how hard of an impact the Jeep made while it was falling.

my_tee_mouse: Do you think the above accident report page posted by Analyze This explains the rear end damage? It seems possible....

my_tee_mouse: Do you think the above accident report page posted by Analyze This explains the rear end damage? It seems possible....

It's possible, yes. I guess.

Question: How fast can a Jeep such as this be going if pushed from the road to the edge? And how far from the Jeep was the rock found?

From MP Interview:

Question:
JM: "Clive had said this and others did ~ they wanted to know why you didn’t participate in the searches?"

Answer:
MP: "Well, because some of the things at the beginning, Signal Mt. police force were making some innuendos towards me. And saying you’re guilty of something so I didn’t know what to actually do."

So LE was suspicious.

JMO

Question: How fast can a Jeep such as this be going if pushed from the road to the edge? And how far from the Jeep was the rock found?

I thought I read or heard something about 24 mph was the maximum speed she was at within a point of time and that the speed may have been actually lower than that.JMHO

I would hope they were suspicious considering they had given her a number to a safe house on the 29th and knew she had requested SMPD meet her at her residence on the 30th..

ETA..To be honest, I can't imagine them still not being suspicious since it hasn't been proven it was an accident...JMHO

The rock that was taken over the edge with the jeep is the one in between the arrows.

gailbrow-2.jpg

I thought I read or heard something about 24 mph was the maximum speed she was at within a point of time and that the speed may have been actually lower than that.JMHO

Yes...so could a person or persons shove a Jeep from the road, through that grass, over at 24 mph (or less)?

I'm reading a lot of analysis and criticism of MP's interview based on responses (or lack there-of) and body language. But the question I have for many of you who are being critical is simply is there any answer he could have given that would have satisfied you and not drawn your ire? Please understand, I'm not intending this to be combative or as a criticism of how you feel, after all it's been stated frequently that we are all entitled to our opinions. But is seems to me that if he'd expressed more remorse for Gail or stated that he was heartbroken by her loss that many of you would accuse him on being insincere and pandering to public opinion.

My point is that many of you have clearly vilified MP. You have your reasons. But in all fairness I read these criticisms and believe there is nothing he could have said for which you wouldn't have found fault.

Thank you Blue Moc... so many people have stated that they would not be satisfied with the outcome unless Matt was arrested. Nothing he could possibly say would appease them, and to me it only proves that he was correct in not making comments and press releases during the entire ordeal.

Thank you Blue Moc... so many people have stated that they would not be satisfied with the outcome unless Matt was arrested. Nothing he could possibly say would appease them, and to me it only proves that he was correct in not making comments and press releases during the entire ordeal.

I don't think he did himself any favors speaking out now, either, personally...probably should have stayed silent and simply issued a statement of regret for her death, if anything, JMO.

The rock that was taken over the edge with the jeep is the one in between the arrows.

There was a great picture Elley put up, but it blew the margins. I will put it back up when it is edited enough to fit.

There was a great picture Elley put up, but it blew the margins. I will put it back up when it is edited enough to fit.

I agree, that is/was a good picture..I've seen many with the rock gone but I don't recall seeing any pictures with that particular rock in place..I'm still trying to find a resemblance between the rock and a bear though...JMHO

http://timesfreepress.com/news/2012/...d-an-accident/

Wait a second, this article claims per MP's lawyer Lee Davis that: "Some of Gail's family members stayed at Matt's house this weekend. It's a large family. They are doing the best they can to get through a difficult situation."

Really and Wow! I wonder who stayed there. The articles we read prior is that Gail's sister and her husband stayed at a neighbors house and then MP called police on them when they were in his yard giving the kids Christmas gifts.

This is curious.

IIRC- Gail has a sister, married, lives in New York
Gail has a brother, married, lives in Florida

Per MP Interview:
Question- JM: "What about your relationship with Gail’s family? How is it now? Did it change it?"

MP: "Uh, some things have changed. We’re still working through some issues. Um, I hope they find some comfort in the report, what actually happened. We’ve always reached out to them. They have not accepted that and I understand that—they’ve lost a sister. We’ve always been close. I’ve always been close to the family. Some of the family has come to me and, um, really supportive. Some people have been completely silent. And other people just don’t say nothing. I think they could’ve been more supportive through this to tell you what kind of person I really am instead of people reading or not reading the whole story in news reports or police reports and so on. ‘Cause they’ve known me for 14 years, and probably 17 years. Three years before we even got married."

According to the Police Report obtained from WRCB, Gail's sister and her husband were the ones that came to the house after the memorial service when the police were called. JMO

From MP Interview:

Question:
JM: "Clive had said this and others did ~ they wanted to know why you didn’t participate in the searches?"

Answer:
MP: "Well, because some of the things at the beginning, Signal Mt. police force were making some innuendos towards me. And saying you’re guilty of something so I didn’t know what to actually do."

So LE was suspicious.

JMO

Thanks for pointing this out.

And, so, because LE was suspicious, by God, don't do anything pro-active to search for your wife.

IIRC- Gail has a sister, married, lives in New York
Gail has a brother, married, lives in Florida

Per MP Interview:
Question- JM: "What about your relationship with Gail’s family? How is it now? Did it change it?"

MP: "Uh, some things have changed. We’re still working through some issues. Um, I hope they find some comfort in the report, what actually happened. We’ve always reached out to them. They have not accepted that and I understand that—they’ve lost a sister. We’ve always been close. I’ve always been close to the family. Some of the family has come to me and, um, really supportive. Some people have been completely silent. And other people just don’t say nothing. I think they could’ve been more supportive through this to tell you what kind of person I really am instead of people reading or not reading the whole story in news reports or police reports and so on. ‘Cause they’ve known me for 14 years, and probably 17 years. Three years before we even got married."

According to the Police Report obtained from WRCB, Gail's sister and her husband were the ones that came to the house after the memorial service when the police were called. JMO

Also, it was Gail's brother that started/sent the info to CUE, right?

Sorry about the size issue. Here is a replacement for the first pic, and another view of the same area.

swxwqu.jpg

r8w8s8.jpg

this shows the cliff from the opposite direction, the rock that got carried over would be the 3rd down from the right.

I don't think he did himself any favors speaking out now, either, personally...probably should have stayed silent and simply issued a statement of regret for her death, if anything, JMO.

Sorta after the fact when they found Gail, imo. I know one thing. This is the second case of a missing person where family closes down after asking the public to help find their missing loved one and I paused when Gail's case was turning that way, but continued. There won't be a third.
Plus the simularities of LE clamming up and not releasing vaulable info. Just how long was the Brow and Hampton Rd location known regarding the cell phone..and why wasn't it released to the public for possible input and clues? It's just like the reported sighting. I never believed that because they wouldn't release or report other pertinent info surrounding it. Like the color of the pick-up she supposedly pulled up to.

MP is not the victim here...Gail and her children are. You don't go on the news and smile as you discuss a tragedy of this magnatude. He cried about losing his job which was his own fault, but there were not tears for Gail losing her life and the children losing their mom. He would have been better off not saying anything. He and his attorney did their best to make Gail out as a crazy person and if she was having some sort of meltdown he probably contributed to it under the circumstances. Where is his compassion for Gail? I think this is exactly what people are trying to say here.

It is very wrong to say that Matt is not a victim. The news conference yesterday was held to let the HCSO announce that they, the SMPD, the TBI and the FBI all working together had determined that this was an accident, and that Matt was not involved. SO, he has been a victim for the past eight months of horrible accusations, rumors, threats, people trying to sneak around to get to his children, etc. I repeatedly hear about his affair and how awful he was to Gail, but I have never seen any official information supporting any abuse. This man may not have done what some people thought he should have, but I don't think there is a manual to follow in this situation.

As for his contribution...well we all know he had an affair, but that only makes him a cheater, not a murderer. Also, I know it's taboo to even think it, but we have no idea what Gail's part in the failing marriage was. Verbal abuse as well as physical abuse can and often do happen to men also. We just don't know what he could have been the victim of. Not saying he was, but we don't know.

So it is incorrect to say he's not a victim. He may not be THE victim, the one who is no longer with us, but yes, he is most certainly a victim of cruel and judgmental behavior by many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ebg8