TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
This won't be everybody's cup of tea. In fact, it may be only my cup of tea. :)

It's a mindmap timeline. Not the format we usually see in these cases, but one I've gotten to love. It really helps me keeps things straight in my poor befuddled brain, but I've had people tell me they find the format actually more confusing, so I'm just trying to give fair warning.

Each of the little boxes has a tiny grey circle icon on it in the upper right corner, and if you click it, it will pop up the news article that supports the info in the box.

It's not perfect - it's not really meant for publication - it's just my personal notes. But... I wanted to share it just in case it was helpful in figuring out what happened to Gail.

Here's the link:
http://www.mindmeister.com/102206426/gail-palmgren-disappearance-timeline

Great work! You may want to add Matt's parents moving up to TN from FL because of bankruptcy or foreclosure? ....I'll have to go back and listen, but it would be a major change in their lives I would think. Arlene said two years ago...so sometime in 2008/2009.

ETA: It was for bankruptcy.

A teeny weeny nugget of info related to my post this morning about Gail & her sister talking on the phone the morning Gail disappeared.

There was a phone call between them at 6:30am.

Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, last spoke to her sister Diane Nichols around 6:30 a.m. April 30, telling her sister that she was leaving her Lake Jordan home heading to her home in Signal Mountain.

http://www.thewetumpkaherald.com/news/article_be9da4a6-832f-11e0-990c-001cc4c03286.html

If Gail left the lake house at 6:30am, it's a 4 hr 5 min drive according to Google Maps. That would put her back at the Signal Mountain house at about 10:30am.

Since she thought she was being followed though, she may have taken back roads again, extending the drive time, or of course, she may have left later.

Just noting the info for reference.

We have a real problem with time zones in this case. The lake house (AL) is in central and Signal Mtn is eastern. Same for the sighting, I believe. Locals will have to chime in, but TN is split between EST/CST and so happens just on the other side of the mtn. I believe Marion Co is CST, not sure about Sequachie Co. sp? So the sighting of her would have been 3:30 EST or 4:30 CST. This must drive LE nuts there.

After listening to that interview, I feel that Arlene is totally credible and gave even a better idea of what Gail was going through, and up against, in dealing with Matt. JMO, of course. All I can say about him is UGH. I know there are two sides to every divorce but......

I didn't quite get the part about her trying to access her bank accounts online, though. She put Matt on speaker phone, Arlene was there in the room with her, and he gave her numbers (PIN numbers?) and none of them worked? I wonder if this is why she changed the PIN number --the one that Matt had received notice of around April 30 (?is that the right date?).

IIRC:
It was their checking a/c that AD and BD were trying to check and they had trouble with pin being changed. The notice that MP rec'd...I believe he said on Wed, 5/4, was for confirmation of the change of pin on her retirement a/c. that she? changed on 4/30.

My question is how was he tracking her thru her phone, I-PAD, computer, etc? Did he have a PI tracking her and her communications, or did he have a friend (IT exec living in KY home) with know all to do such?

Surely that can't be removed without messing with the air bag and possibly rendering it unusable. I did some online searching and it appears the EDR is only removed when there has been a collision. However, when people part out a car and take the airbag (which is stolen surprisingly often) the EDR often goes with it.

If Arlene said the black box came from the trunk, I'm thinking it was GPS. There is a rather concerning article (link here) about hiding GPS on a vehicle, and how the trunk is the best place for it.

Arlene didn't say anything about it being in the trunk, from what I heard anyway. I'm pretty sure they were talking about a GPS because AD got the old one. The jeep came with a GPS, but GP bought a new one for it and gave the old one to AD. I'm thinking a separate one---from the one installed by the mfgr. When AD ask MP for the serial # of the new one, he tried to tell AD there wasn't one, but AD said she with GP when she bought it.

The EDR or black box thing is scary, imo. I don't know the mechanics, but if it has been disconnected or taken out then she has no airbags! Nor would it help in determining what happened if in fact she did go off the road somewhere.

My question is how was he tracking her thru her phone, I-PAD, computer, etc? Did he have a PI tracking her and her communications, or did he have a friend (IT exec living in KY home) with know all to do such?

I don't know about the cell phone, but monitoring computer activity has become so easy ANYBODY can do it. It can all be done by remote, including keylogger features. Much software that has been designed to help parents keep up with what their children are up to, can be used very effectively for "spy" purposes on anybody. Such as: http://eblaster.com/ Note that the activity can be e-mailed to the parents according to whatever schedule or criteria they want.

Oriah, Don't know if these could be of any help, but here are a few links. One is less than mile from their home and looks like there is a road or trail that is easy assess....from Timesville Road (NW)

http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~tnmarion/mines.htm

http://tennessee.hometownlocator.com/maps/feature-map,ftc,2,fid,1322782,n,daisy%20mine.cfm

http://tennessee.hometownlocator.com/maps/feature-map,ftc,2,fid,1322792,n,doc spangle mine.cfm

http://tennessee.hometownlocator.com/maps/feature-map,ftc,2,fid,1323105,n,tate mine.cfm

http://miningartifacts.homestead.com/Tennessee-Mines.html

Map: Location of Tate mine in proximity to 40 Ridge Rock Dr. SM
[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=35.1611829++-85.3410714&ll=35.159232,-85.338278&spn=0.00807,0.01369&t=h&z=16"]35.1611829 -85.3410714 - Google Maps[/ame]

Their home is east of Bollinger Rd and south of Timesville. Less than a mile.

IIRC:
It was their checking a/c that AD and BD were trying to check and they had trouble with pin being changed. The notice that MP rec'd...I believe he said on Wed, 5/4, was for confirmation of the change of pin on her retirement a/c. that she? changed on 4/30.

There are apps specifically for tracking family members by way of their cell phones. It is designed as a safety tool and a way to find your cell phone. The person or phone being located does know that they are being tracked. I considered this for a wayward teenager once LOL.
Here is an example of one:
Sprint GPS cell phone tracker – family locator

http://cellphonetrackers.org/sprint-gps-cell-phone-tracking-family-locator.html

We have a real problem with time zones in this case. The lake house (AL) is in central and Signal Mtn is eastern. Same for the sighting, I believe. Locals will have to chime in, but TN is split between EST/CST and so happens just on the other side of the mtn. I believe Marion Co is CST, not sure about Sequachie Co. sp? So the sighting of her would have been 3:30 EST or 4:30 CST. This must drive LE nuts there.

just to clarify, sequatchie county is central as well. the county/time zone line is actually still "on the mountain" it's approx 5 miles from the signal mountain "downtown" on hwy 127.

also hollyblue you got it reversed. if the sighting was at 3:30 EST it would have been 2:30 CST or if it was at 3:30 CST it would have been 4:30 EST.

A teeny weeny nugget of info related to my post
If Gail left the lake house at 6:30am, it's a 4 hr 5 min drive according to Google Maps. That would put her back at the Signal Mountain house at about 10:30am.

Just noting the info for reference.

we have another time zone change issue here. alabama is CST so if she left at 6:30 local time and drove to her home in SM, TN and it took 4 hrs that would put her home approx 11:30 local time, not 10:30 b/c of the change to EST.

sorry these details in this and my last post have been rolling around in my head since i read them last night and i had to get them out.

Yes, msb is correct, and C. is from Marion, so she would be thinking in terms of Central Time. So here in Hamilton it would be an hour later than whatever she reported.

C's timeline would be an hour earlier than Signal Mt. time (sorry, had to fix that - this is really confusing).

just to clarify, sequatchie county is central as well. the county/time zone line is actually still "on the mountain" it's approx 5 miles from the signal mountain "downtown" on hwy 127.

also hollyblue you got it reversed. if the sighting was at 3:30 EST it would have been 2:30 CST or if it was at 3:30 CST it would have been 4:30 EST.

Thank you....glad I'm not in LE.

I'm confused lol.

Signal Mountain is EDT. Chattanooga is EDT.

The sightings on Signal Mountain (Big Fork/Insurance Bluff) are reported on this Chattanooga news site as having been 4pm to 6:30pm.

http://www.wdef.com/news/new_possib..._signal_mountain_mother_gail_palmgren/06/2011

Could someone clarify why we would change the time of the sightings from what's reported in MSM? Is there a CDT news site that's reporting the same timeframe?

IIRC:

I wonder if she was able to access her account that day, or if she had to call the financial institution and change the PIN while she and Arlene were on the computer?

I wonder how MP was tracking her, also. I guess he could track all her online transactions and so on, as well as her travels. Geesh!

IIRC:

Until this case, I didn't realize how easy it is to track someone. Truly, anyone could do it. There are software programs and tools readily available, and "smart" devices like Blackberries/iPhones/iPads are extremely easy to track because of the built-in GPS.

You can track someone's iPad without even buying or installing anything special - there's a built-in app called "Find My iPad". I just set it up on my iPad to see how easy it would be, and it literally took me about a minute. I can now see my iPad on a map no matter where it is - useful if I lose it or if it's stolen, but scary to think of someone tracking me that way.

You can also bug a cell phone just like you can bug a landline, if you want to hear someone's conversations. Some programs allow you to read texts and emails on the phone as well. And if it's a smartphone, then you can track it's whereabouts through the built-in GPS.

Keystroke loggers for PCs/laptops are easy to buy and easy to use. You can see webpages visited, emails sent and received, IMs/chats, everything. One of my employers had one to track employee web usage on the clock.

And finally, of course, you can place a tracking device on someone's vehicle. One company that provides live and real-time tracking boasts that their products are "easy to use right out of the box". Once you place the device on a vehicle, you can watch it's movements live or you can play them back later to see where the vehicle went that day.

If Gail thought Matt (or anyone for that matter) was tracking her, she must've been terrified. :(

I'm confused lol.

Signal Mountain is EDT. Chattanooga is EDT.

The sightings on Signal Mountain (Big Fork/Insurance Bluff) are reported on this Chattanooga news site as having been 4pm to 6:30pm.

http://www.wdef.com/news/new_possib..._signal_mountain_mother_gail_palmgren/06/2011

Could someone clarify why we would change the time of the sightings from what's reported in MSM? Is there a CDT news site that's reporting the same timeframe?

BeanE- I can't clarify for you what I think you're asking...but it did occur to me that the source of the sighting (Big Fork/Insurance Bluff) was likely a watch or a clock set to the local time. I suppose if none of those were used to clarify the time, but instead was reported as something like "well, I know it was when I was out running errands....and that was around 4pm or so....) then we have a whole different ballgame to deal with regarding the validity of the possible sighting, kwim?
Did I just make it worse, lol?

I wonder if she was able to access her account that day, or if she had to call the financial institution and change the PIN while she and Arlene were on the computer?

I wonder how MP was tracking her, also. I guess he could track all her online transactions and so on, as well as her travels. Geesh!

BBM:
I wonder if she was tracking him right back. That street goes both ways.

Arlene said GP was able to get into the checking a/c a few days later with one of the numbers he had given her earlier. ??? I don't think she would be able to change the pin again unless she had the number he changed it to. IMO, he was playing games.

I may be up the wrong tree, but someone doesn't make it known they are following you all over the country and want to hurt you. I think who ever it was, just wanted to scare or terrorize her.....crazy making. If he had all this access to tracking info on all her devices, then he didn't need anyone to follow her to know where she was.....only to play a sick game, imo.

BeanE- I can't clarify for you what I think you're asking...but it did occur to me that the source of the sighting (Big Fork/Insurance Bluff) was likely a watch or a clock set to the local time. I suppose if none of those were used to clarify the time, but instead was reported as something like "well, I know it was when I was out running errands....and that was around 4pm or so....) then we have a whole different ballgame to deal with regarding the validity of the possible sighting, kwim?
Did I just make it worse, lol?

Yep I know what you mean, Oriah, but is there something indicating that the time is other than what was reported? A conflicting event or something like that?

BBM:
I wonder if she was tracking him right back. That street goes both ways.

I know she was doing some things like put a tracking device on his car, got the password to his cellphone and looked up his text messages (found sexting :eek:), got the bank records and found the $400 ATM withdrawals she hadn't known about, the hotel stays on his Hilton Honors program, hired the PI, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clueliz