TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if I missed this somewhere or not.... I apologize if I did. Is there any info available about the relationship AD has/had with MP (not just Gail?) TIA.

Pearl,
Yes, his role has evolved over the past weeks, mostly out of necessity due to AD being in AL, and DN having had to resume her responsibilities. From the onset of GP's disappearance there was a clear need for a local "anchor" and coordinator. He undertook this with sincere determination and a driven focus which allowed DN and AD to focus their energies on getting out the word of GP's disappearance. With very limited resources or knowledge of the local community being available to DN & AD, he was able to use his local contacts to help coordinate the initial private searches and bring community resources together. For those not familiar with Signal Mountain, geography detaches the community from hotel facilities and very limited options for dining. DN & AD were at the mercy of GP's very caring friends who gave them a temporary home while they were here. Basically, those that were involved from the start pitched in however they could.

Although I can give you my perspective on his relationship with LE, that of course is strictly my own observations, I suppose only LE could give an official accounting. I do know that he is in frequent contact with LE, and that communications go both ways. I am certain that he is provided with parameters with regards to the information exchanged and other activities related to the disappearance. These parameters are adhered to also, when interacting with volunteers or the media. HCSO does have their own information officer and releases information on all of their cases as time permits regarding their many investigations.

I don't feel that I can state that HCSO sees him as an "official liaison", that would tend to imply a level of authority bestowed upon someone under the direct supervision of the department. However, he is coordinating his volunteer liaison-type efforts directly with the investigators on behalf of GP's investigation at the local level, and with accountability to them, much the same as DN would be if she were available locally. Also, in my own personal interaction with LE regarding this investigation, I have understood from LE that his assistance has been appreciated and his passion for this to be resolved acknowledged and not fleeting. Let me add, that he by no means intends to imply that he is speaking for the family, he respects their wishes and ability to do so as they deem necessary. (that comes up occasionally)

Let me add a personal note here. Prior to GP's disappearance, I did not know him, AD, CB, DN or GP. GP's disappearance touched me with many parallels to my own life, and of a loved ones. Due those past experiences, I tend to sit back and "safely evaluate" certain circumstances and make a conscious effort to be objective. That being said, please bear with me as I share my own observations and personal opinions regarding AD, CB, and DN.

Through all of this I have found that AD is a dedicated, loyal pit-bull of a friend type person who I would nominate in a second to make sure I was found if I were to go missing. Others close to this have told me the very same thing, unwaveringly. I have never encountered anything but honesty and credibility with AD, never a shred of exaggeration. She has been bullied, bashed and threatened. Yet she unwaveringly stands back up, and doesn't let anyone deter her from promises made to a best friend. Some may question her methods at times, but her tenacity speaks volumes. IMO, GP knew who she was picking for the job she entrusted to AD. She sticks by the people in her world.

I can only speculate what has been going on with DN, it is now fact that she and her brother are focusing on the priority after so many weeks, protecting the children and preserving GP's interests for the children (or for GP should she be located and return). IMO, the family is concentrating on the only available opportunity to preserve what is left of a tragic situation, at this point anyway. They have to be more angry, confused and frustrated than any of us could ever imagine, and being so far away, to boot. IMO, if GP's family did not want the continued assistance I am certain they would ask us here, and others to stop. I can only speculate that they have chosen as time has gone by to focus on what they CAN do now, knowing that others here and elsewhere are doing what they are not able to. The same mission, just different tasks and paths.

What to say about CB? IMO, I can say that this is a man who truly believes in looking out for one another, in a community that cares for each other young or old, and does not let a persons status or address affect his opinion. I feel that he imparts his English culture and upbringing in everything he does, and stands passionately for what SHOULD be right in the world today. In an incredibly frustrating situation, he remains the sole local advocate for GP and the children and is determined to see resolution for GP's family. He works tirelessly without complaint, is there for any of the locals, volunteers and LE. CB stands by his values and expects others to do the same. He has never given me cause to doubt his integrity, and his focus and goals remain steadfast despite the virtual tornado he is sitting in. His goal is resolution to GP's disappearance. No matter what has to be done, he makes sure it gets done, pushes for awareness, researches, keeps the media in the loop, shares with LE, and follows up to make sure it was done properly.

I'm sorry, I REALLY did not expect this reply to be so lengthy :) I just hope this has clarified things for you, and that you have more of an idea how things are functioning here.
:goodpost:

:twocents:THANK YOU FOR TAKING THE TIME TO PUT INTO WORDS WHAT I HAVE BEEN FEELING AND ALSO KNOW TO BE THE TRUTH FROM THE VERY FIRST DAY I CAME TO KNOW AD,CB & DN (I have known DN for many years). AD & CB for just about 2 months now and I can say I feel we have known eachother a long time. I want you to know that you are a very astute person and I am truly thankful for your words. We all just want GP home.:tyou::blowkiss:

And along these lines, more :twocents:....what's the big deal with Easter Candy??? My kids didn't have any either (and were grumpy about it!!) because they quite simply had enough junk already! I could see a problem with: travelling all the way in wet bathing suits, if they were sunburned, starving hungry because Gail hadn't fed them all day, unwashed, stressed out and crying etc. But really...using their lack of candy as an indication that Gail was being irresponsible with regard to her children is, well, ludicrous! I'm sure there's much truth in these statements, but I'm equally sure we'll find their true context just like we did with the RO statements.

I didn't take the Easter candy as a put down towards Gail, but just a part of the story of what happened.

Now I want marshmallow chicks.

I'm not sure if I missed this somewhere or not.... I apologize if I did. Is there any info available about the relationship AD has/had with MP (not just Gail?) TIA.

In one of the SMM interviews, SMM asks about Arlene's relationship with Matt. Arlene says she thought he was okay with it, but... hmmm trying to remember LOL!... I think this is when she tells about him saying that she was making things more complicated.

This is the only information we have that I know of giving a time frame for when Matt came home.

Thanks JBean! I started thinking that must be the case because I just could not find anything on WS that confirmed it.

Matt at first said something about Gail leaving those kids "unsupervised" with a heavy implication to it. Later, maybe 1-2 days after that IIRC, said he came home just a few minutes after she left. Then AD made the comment that a neighbor saw him come home about 10 minutes after Gail drove off. If that approximately 10 minute timeline is true, then the "unsupervised" comment is yet another of his famous exaggerations.

The reason we got into all this though is that some people theorized that Matt couldn't have done anything (vague definition of "anything") because he "only" had 10 minutes. Since we don't know what Matt did after finding Gail had left the house, though, he didn't just have 10 minutes. He theoretically had a day until Diane and AD started calling on the 1st to find out where Gail was.

Hi, glorias. Can you or anyone provide more info on Gail having gone to the police station the day before? Is this referring to April 29? I hadn't seen that they went to the police station. I thought LE went to their house.

Any more info appreciated.

Here's where I posted screen captures from the video:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6648315&postcount=281"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #5[/ame]

You can see it says the location is 1111 Ridgeway. That's the address for the police station/court house.

User confused posted here saying Matt was the first one to show up at the police station. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe confused is officially WS verified but has stated they know the family. Just wanted to note that.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6594870&postcount=394"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #4[/ame]

Missing woman’s husband wants custody hearing today
http://timesfreepress.com/news/2011/jun/29/missing-womans-husband-wants-custody-hearing-today

Times Free Press – published Wednesday, June 29th, 2011

Snippets:

• Bryan Hoss, a defense attorney who represents Palmgren, would not state why they want the date moved to today. “I’m not going into the reasons,” he said.
  • A chancellor must review whether the hearing date will be changed, and it was unclear Tuesday night if that would actually happen today.
  • Nichols, who learned about the request to change the court date Tuesday evening, said they “aren’t happy about the situation.”
  • “My brother and I feel like we have to protect my sister’s interests. That includes her assets and the children.”
  • She said she had planned to be in Chattanooga on July 11 for the scheduled date.
  • According to neighbors, the children have been kept isolated and under close supervision.
  • Nichols said she has only been able to see them a few times. She has emailed the children, she said.
  • “I just wish I could talk to them more freely,” she said.

Re-quoting this part:

According to neighbors, the children have been kept isolated and under close supervision.

That's been contradicted by a few people on WS, hasn't it? I suppose what it could mean is that when they are in the neighborhood, they are isolated and supervised, but otherwise they are active and outdoors.

I don't doubt that neighbors are watching them, though.. Some might be expecting Gail to come back, some might think Gail was abducted and the kids will be next, some might just be nosy.

And I suspect MP and lawyers want to hurry the hearing up so they can have a judge rule on it without either Diane or Kevin there in court. JMHO.

Really? I like boring! And honestly, I think most people who live up here like a certain brand of "peace" or else would move away.

And I think that relates strongly to the perceptions some people have, that people on the mountain are indifferent to this case. I don't think they are indifferent as much as uncomfortable with some of the approaches being used to try to gather information. When pushed, some people pull back.

What we have right now is some very outspoken types, who are operating in a way that goes against the grain of what I dare say most people up here are comfortable with.

Not that one way is better than another. But in this particular case, discretion may be more effective because of where we're trying to find our witnesses.

I think you have summed things up perfectly. I also think, to expand on this, that if it was a close family member leading the outspoken types we would have a whole different level of community co-operation.

Here is a flyer for the vigil this coming w/e. CB is looking for a choir or some kind of musical accompaniment. If any of the locals know of anyone...ie: maybe with an acoustic guitar, etc.---please contact him. I think it would be so nice and bring a little atmosphere of peace in all the chaos.

270134_224732914223755_210209109009469_730391_5960890_n.jpg

Verizon has excellent reception on the mountain with few "dead spots." I don't think it gets any better than Verizon for this location.

Blackberries are set up with unlimited data plans, and I don't think it's optional.

YES, e-mails are sent, received, and stored on blackberries just like on computers. And if computer surveillance software was set to e-mail the data to the "spy," all that data would have been accessible on the blackberry in "real time."

Not Verizon, though.
I mean, Gail is not on verizon.
OK, I'll try again! thought you were talking about Gail's phone, I don't know if they used more than one carrier so forget I said anything at all!!!

Not Verizon, though.
I mean, Gail is not on verizon.
OK, I'll try again! thought you were talking about Gail's phone, I don't know if they used more than one carrier so forget I said anything at all!!!

I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding this. Can you clarify this for me? TIA.

It did take place....it would be good if they would do another in the fall. Hope I can say this...can't figure out the being verified thing at all.
fbx you are already verified and you are fine. You are able to post personal knowledge about the case or the area.

I'm sorry if I'm misunderstanding this. Can you clarify this for me? TIA.

Some time ago, there was a post that stated they used Verizon. My understanding was that both GP and MP used Verizon. These posts were in the context of discussing "dead spots" involving different carriers as well as capabilities of smartphones. In response, I posted information about my experience with Verizon, including comments I have heard in that regard from others on Signal Mountain.

I think you have summed things up perfectly. I also think, to expand on this, that if it was a close family member leading the outspoken types we would have a whole different level of community co-operation.

Thank you fbx, and fireflylink--what an awesome post you wrote! Thanks for taking the time and trouble to clarify so completely. I appreciate it and find it very helpful.

Some time ago, I read a CB post to the effect of "I've done my job as liasion today." I didn't think much of it at the time--won't deny the tactics there have gone against the grain with me--but began to think last night I might have missed something important due to my personal aggravation.

Now on another note, I'm concerned to read this, and don't see where anybody has posted it yet:

http://chattanoogan.com/articles/article_204140.asp

I do not understand why the Court would provide for an expedited hearing on this, not giving the parties to the case even a CHANCE to be present.

I really hope the intent is to drag the attorneys and MP in, only to say the hearing will stand as scheduled, or else to grant the requested provisions in their entirety.

Some time ago, there was a post that stated they used Verizon. My understanding was that both GP and MP used Verizon. These posts were in the context of discussing "dead spots" involving different carriers as well as capabilities of smartphones. In response, I posted information about my experience with Verizon, including comments I have heard in that regard from others on Signal Mountain.

Thanks Pearl. I think that post might have been mine, lol.

So does this mean that Gail and Matt do NOT have Verizon cell service? Or just that we don't know?

Thanks Pearl. I think that post might have been mine, lol.

So does this mean that Gail and Matt do NOT have Verizon cell service? Or just that we don't know?

I don't know. At this point, I'm thoroughly confused on that subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michkrifred