TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey WS'ers! It's been more than a few days since I checked in on this thread. Can someone point in the direction of more info/discussion on the more recent developments? Sounds like some possible evidence was found over Easter weekend, etc??

I think WAY too much is being made of the Phillipians 4:13 quote. It's one of the top ten most quoted (if not top three quoted) Scriptures in the evangelical tradition. It says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." There is nothing unique about that being her mom's favorite Scripture...that's probably going to be stated by most evangelicals as one of their favorite Scriptures.

<Note: I'm an evangelical Pastor...grew up with my dad Pastoring in Tennessee..
I don't doubt what you're saying for one moment.....BUT, the coincidence of it being her so-said "favorite scripture" and her being kidnapped on 4/13 is, at least a bit, coincidental. At least in MY mind it is. Not to mention the fact that that wasn't even known publicly until "somehow" it got out. That's why I asked about it earlier......HOW did we get wind of it in the first place?

I think WAY too much is being made of the Phillipians 4:13 quote. It's one of the top ten most quoted (if not top three quoted) Scriptures in the evangelical tradition. It says, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." There is nothing unique about that being her mom's favorite Scripture...that's probably going to be stated by most evangelicals as one of their favorite Scriptures.

Agreed. I have numerous Christian family branches, some from different denominations, and all know this quote-it is very well known.

Hey WS'ers! It's been more than a few days since I checked in on this thread. Can someone point in the direction of more info/discussion on the more recent developments? Sounds like some possible evidence was found over Easter weekend, etc??
Hmmmmm.....Kitty :waitasec:.....I dunno. Maybe start 3 or 4 threads back and work your way forward??? I'm having a hard time keeping up and I'm plastered to this case.

Would the rain have "washed" the prints off the car?

Could they have found prints on either of the 2 new items recovered? Thought it was interesting to mention "and others close to the family"....someone at Church???

And yes, i find it strange....verse 4:13......day.....4/13....coincidence or too obvious???

:banghead::banghead:

JMO

Maybe it is a student at her school that also goes to her church and what about the youth services and trips to Belize? Can't hurt to look.

It's Holly's favorite scripture. I hadn't seen that it's her mom's, but it may be.
I agree that it's a common favorite; I hope it's keeping her strong. :praying:

I don't doubt what you're saying for one moment.....BUT, the coincidence of it being her so-said "favorite scripture" and her being kidnapped on 4/13 is, at least a bit, coincidental. At least in MY mind it is. Not to mention the fact that that wasn't even known publicly until "somehow" it got out. That's why I asked about it earlier......HOW did we get wind of it in the first place?

Im glad im not the only one!

Agreed. I have numerous Christian family branches, some from different denominations, and all know this quote-it is very well known.

Oops quoting me: I also want to state that it is possible Holly's family is taking ANY comfort they can get and that she was taken on 4-13, which matches the numbers of her favorite scripture verse rather than another date, it gives them hope and a sign from God that God is with her and getting her through this hardship until she is returned to them. I don't blame them one bit if they feel it is important for that reason. If it were my missing sister or child, I would also feel hope and maybe think it has meaning and possibly a message to be strong and know God is with her and the family during this time.

It's Holly's favorite scripture. I hadn't seen that it's her mom's, but it may be.
I agree that it's a common favorite; I hope it's keeping her strong. :praying:
I did run across some conflicting reports as to whether it's Holly's favorite or her mom's......either way though, the number is interesting.....4:13. Don't know if it should be discounted and forgotten about or not
shrug.gif

Oops quoting me: I also want to state that it is possible Holly's family is taking ANY comfort they can get and that she was taken on 4-13, which matches the numbers of her favorite scripture verse rather than another date, it gives them hope and a sign from God that God is with her and getting her through this hardship until she is returned to them. I don't blame them one bit if they feel it is important for that reason. If it were my missing sister or child, I would also feel hope and maybe think it has meaning and possibly a message to be strong and know God is with her and the family during this time.

This was my first thought too. I thought "wow, what an appropriate quote for Holly to hold on to".

Then I drank some kool-aid. I think the flavor was cynical or something.

Why do these men always have to kill these women. Every day its another one
when will it stop. Im going to carry my pepper spray from now on it wont do me any good in my drawer.

I think instead of Phys Ed in school we need to teACH our girls self defense.
How to get away and how to survive... Kick scream fight scratch.

I was always told to drop down on the ground kick scream they cant carry ya and will run away, make noise and alot of it.... never ever let the guy take ya..

Ugh its all just so upsetting...

I give out lots of copies of The Gift of Fear. To me, physical defense is just one part. Predators use plenty of tactics to lower your guard before they ever touch you. But yeah, if I ever have any kids, I'm going to totally be like Sarah Connor: badass mom.

I give out lots of copies of The Gift of Fear. To me, physical defense is just one part. Predators use plenty of tactics to lower your guard before they ever touch you. But yeah, if I ever have any kids, I'm going to totally be like Sarah Connor: badass mom.

The other one, Protecting the Gift, has very practical suggestions for children. Wonderful book... a must for any parent. (I think someone pointed out that the Gift of Fear is geared more towards women and Protecting the Gift more towards parents with children?)

http://www.examiner.com/missing-per...on-2-week-wrap-up-rumors-dispelled-next-steps

There have been online rumors that Holly has been found.

Helm said, “To my knowledge, Holly has not been found. We don’t have information indicating she is either alive or dead.”

Helm said Tuesday afternoon, “We have no new developments to report on today.

“TBI is still following leads on her [Holly’s] case.

“Volunteer search will continue if and when needed.

“A news release will be issued by TBI when we have new information to release," Helm said.

BBM: I couldn't resist. So, if they don't tell her, she can truthfully say "to my knowledge". I know. I'm bad!

You might try scanning through Will Nunley's twitter http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

Why do these men always have to kill these women. Every day its another one
when will it stop. Im going to carry my pepper spray from now on it wont do me any good in my drawer.

I think instead of Phys Ed in school we need to teACH our girls self defense.
How to get away and how to survive... Kick scream fight scratch.

I was always told to drop down on the ground kick scream they cant carry ya and will run away, make noise and alot of it.... never ever let the guy take ya..

Ugh its all just so upsetting...

I was wondering what if HB had simply just fainted when the perp tried to take her away. Especially since Clint might see this.. Would he really have tried to pick her up and carry her away?

Does anybody know/remember/have links where the searches took place Sunday prior to the rush search on Eaton??? I don't see any search areas on Hollye's map http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=....694946,-88.031731&spn=0.173707,0.333366&z=12 for the 24th other than Eaton/campus searches.

According to Will's tweets:

willnunley Will Nunley
Officer: tomorrow search crews will be combing areas closer to the Bobo property. #hollybobo
22 Apr

willnunley Will Nunley
Source: areas likely to include a stretch of land known as '5 forks' just up the road from the Bobo property. #hollybobo
22 Apr

willnunley Will Nunley
Following crews out searching in the Smith Gravel Pit road area. It's rough back in here. But the search goes on. #hollybobo
23 Apr

willnunley Will Nunley
On this Easter, volunteers continue to comb areas of Hwy 641 for clues.
24 Apr

http://twitter.com/#!/willnunley

ETA: Oops...I guess those would be the 23rd. See...that's why I think the phone tip came overnight since they went there for the day on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member