TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing (among many) I would really like to know is whether the brother is normally home at that time. I wouldn't expect anyone to abduct you from in front of your house in broad daylight if he thought there was even a remote possibility a witness might be inside.

Beats me. But I would assume that whoever cased the house out knew who drove what car, etc. And a lot of whack jobs get a thrill out of comitting crimes when other people are around or close. Very likely if Holly's brother came outside into the situation he could have been killed. While a differferent case, Jon Benet Ramsey was killed in her own house with her family not knowing (if you believe the stranger theory). And Eliz Smart was kidnapped from her home with her family present and her sister witnessing it.

I'm wondering, at what point do they say "Ok, its time to stop searching the woods"?

The brother was not suspicous because she was being led not forced

My interpretation of this now is that the guy could have hit her in the head/face which would stun and disorient her. He could lead her away easily then, and there could be some blood left in the car port from a busted nose, lip, etc. If she did NOT scream at first, this could explain the lack of noise. I have been hit in the head and did NOT scream (or do much of anything) afterwards. I still think she screamed out in the woods or away from the house more. Perhaps she realized what was going on and maybe it was at the time the suspect had moved her away quick enough that he stopped to tape her up. So she got a scream out then. Thats my interpretation of events.

alternate timeline:

Perhaps the scream came "first" rather than "later".

Neighbor leaving work was going to her car in her driveway in quiet rural neighborhood and heard the sound of a woman scream... (not sure if she called 911 or reported it later)

Holly had left house at same time as neighbor. Holly was confronted by abductor and she immediately screams - hoping her brother hears her perhaps - then Holly is assaulted @ carport and further threatened if she screams again. Weapon shown, captor walks her to woods, Holly - in shock - cooperates.

Brother doesn't hear scream for whatever reason (shower?). But catches glimpse of them walking (from far vantage point). Recognizes sister & the man he thinks at the moment is her BF.

Brother goes outside to begin his day, sees Holly's car and sees the blood and the first thing he does is check in with his mom (who is not home - but off to her day too).

Brother calls 911. Mom returns home.

Digression: How much stuff was she carrying all the way to the woods under duress? While possible injured? Enough so that they keep finding things - lunch, purse, books? Good gracious. One would think she'd have dropped something along the way... And if she did not, perhaps this is the wrong scenario and the other - where she screams later - would explain why she had all her stuff still. Maybe "he" demanded to drive her to school...Maybe she knew him and didn't want him to drive her but went towards the woods (and his vehicle) as a way to keep the peace...

Just noodling it through in another order...while we're brainstorming.

The scream - in my mind - is becoming pretty critical in the timeline and the story...
If her scream was immediate, rather than later in the woods...she may NOT have really known the abductor...
:cow:

My interpretation of this now is that the guy could have hit her in the head/face which would stun and disorient her. He could lead her away easily then, and there could be some blood left in the car port from a busted nose, lip, etc. If she did NOT scream at first, this could explain the lack of noise. I have been hit in the head and did NOT scream (or do much of anything) afterwards. I still think she screamed out in the woods or away from the house more. Perhaps she realized what was going on and maybe it was at the time the suspect had moved her away quick enough that he stopped to tape her up. So she got a scream out then. Thats my interpretation of events.

I am also wondering if the blood could be from her being hit on the head with something. This would make her subdued enough to be "lead" into the woods without a fuss. So VERY scared for Holly. She has been gone for too long now.

1) he went to her house becasue he felt that was the best place to nab her

2) he went to her house and didnt take her back inside because her brother was there

3) He took her (somewhere) to do whatever it was he was going to do and to get away from the area. He had no idea how soon or not the cops would be on his trail or if he had been seen. Woudln't you go into the woods versus stay in the drive way?

I also think he was surprised that the brother was home. She must have known him well enough to tell him her brother was home. That altered his plans if he intended to assault her in the house. If that is the case, it is logical that he assaulted her in the woods.

If he was concerned about the cops, I don't think he would have stayed in the woods with her long enough for a neighbor to hear her scream some time later.

If he had planned to take her away, I think he would have driven straight to the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DorianM4C