TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the Dallas area. Let me see what I can find.

No information being released yet, but they seem to think it a missing fitness instructor from the area. However, I did come across this article.... This woman's body is in Pennsylvania. Duct tape reference caught my eye.

"The body of a woman whose head and body had been duct taped and who had a handcuff on one ankle was found floating this morning in the Schuylkill in Fairmount Park.

A bicyclist spotted the body called about 10:30 a.m. and called 911, police said.

After searching the river, a police boat recovered the remains about 30 minutes later near the Columbia Railroad Bridge, which crosses the Schuylkill near where Montgomery Drive intersects with Martin Luther King Drive.

A homicide investigation is just getting started and there is no information about a possible cause of death.

But officials confirmed he woman had duct tape around her head and body and that a handcuff was attached to her left ankle."

source: http://articles.philly.com/2011-04-19/news/29447536_1_duct-tape-duct-taped-homicide-investigation

I haven't followed too many abduction cases. Is it normal that the family doesn't speak much?? Seems like no one in the family has said anything since she initially went missing, except for Whitney Duncan?

norest4thewicked --

Now, to me, your posts do bear some authoritative weight in the area of emergency calls. (Some of us questioned whether hinman was the Dayle Hinman.)

Anyways, I have a couple of itsy, bitsy questions about your comments, if you wouldn't mind my asking, of course. Thanks.

Can you clarify again, why you know that the dispatcher put the call in as a home invasion? And that next portion (I listed) is just plain funny.
For whatever reason, this dispatcher put the call in as a home invasion.

Are they prone to embellish the calls? We weren't allowed to embellish calls at all, but we were seldom called on it and there was one dispatcher that I worked with who you'd have thought she was writing an action novel with her comments about the call.

No information being released yet, but they seem to think it a missing fitness instructor from the area. However, I did come across this article....

"The body of a woman whose head and body had been duct taped and who had a handcuff on one ankle was found floating this morning in the Schuylkill in Fairmount Park.

A bicyclist spotted the body called about 10:30 a.m. and called 911, police said.

After searching the river, a police boat recovered the remains about 30 minutes later near the Columbia Railroad Bridge, which crosses the Schuylkill near where Montgomery Drive intersects with Martin Luther King Drive.

A homicide investigation is just getting started and there is no information about a possible cause of death.

But officials confirmed he woman had duct tape around her head and body and that a handcuff was attached to her left ankle."

source: http://articles.philly.com/2011-04-19/news/29447536_1_duct-tape-duct-taped-homicide-investigation

I am seriously in need of some actual GOOD news in cases that I am following. I mean come on!! :( I need a miracle and I need Holly to be found SAFE today. Ugh.

I hate days like this!!

UT Martin

Actually, she is attending TN Technology Center which is located on the UT Martin off-campus location. They are two separate schools; just located on same campus. UT Martin is a university, of course. TN Tech. Cntr is a vocational school that offers several different programs, such as LPN training.

No information being released yet, but they seem to think it a missing fitness instructor from the area. However, I did come across this article....

Nadirah Ruffin. There is a thread for her as well.

Thanks mrsu.

I'm posting the rules here on social networking for you all. Discussing her friends is off limit here and discussing anything on her FB page is off limits.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Thanks.

Ima

I haven't followed too many abduction cases. Is it normal that the family doesn't speak much?? Seems like no one in the family has said anything since she initially went missing, except for Whitney Duncan?

I believe that LE is in charge of what the family are doing/not doing. It seems they want a tight lid kept on everything as part of the investigation.

Actually, she is attending TN Technology Center which is located on the UT Martin off-campus location. They are two separate schools; just located on same campus. UT Martin is a university, of course. TN Tech. Cntr is a vocational school that offers several different prorams, such as LPN training.

do you know which one (which extension campus)? there are several tech center locations (nashville, paris, etc)... tia ((for mapping purposes for sarx))

"Dragged" can have a lot of meaning I guess and without knowing the proper context it could be misinterpreted. If I say, "I was having a blast at the club last nite but she dragged me out of there" that has a much different meaning than, "the suspect dragged the victim into the woods".

That's so true...especially in 'country' vernacualar...

'Yep, saw Billy and Lorena last night, he was still draggin' her a long'. Wonder how long they'll last?"...

Has anyone seen any posts from locals that know or know of the family? This case seems so tight lipped. I wonder if the police may have an idea of who they are looking for but don't want it to get out in the public/media. I wonder if the locals have been told not to speak about anything? I know the local people are searching but I would think with as many friends as she has there would be people coming out of the woodwork to talk about potential stalkers, exes, etc.

The people whom I know associated with the family have all been asked by LE to not publicly comment. My contacts are very tight-lipped and careful to mostly say what has already been put into the public realm.

Thanks mrsu.

I'm posting the rules here on social networking for you all. Discussing her friends is off limit here and discussing anything on her FB page is off limits.

Social Networks

Regarding Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, and other social networking or blog websites: Links may be used to direct posters to view something on a social networking page. But postings on social networking sites are not considered fact; they are rumor. Copying and pasting, or taking screen caps, directly from these pages is not allowed. Paraphrasing is okay. (Exception: If the Twitter or Facebook post belongs to a verified news station, it may be copied. But a link should still be provided.)

Also, social networking pages may only be linked if they are directly related to a case, i.e. the victim or suspect. We don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman, or postal carrier just because they know the main player. We also NEVER link to minor's pages (unless they are the victim). And be sure that the page actually belongs to the person being discussed. Do not link to someone if you are not 100% sure it is the correct person. And if a social networking is set to private and you get in the back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

Thanks.

Ima

My apologies. I assumed it was okay since her friend list was public. I went ahead and called in the person I was suspicious of...just to be safe.

My apologies. I assumed it was okay since her friend list was public. I went ahead and called in the person I was suspicious of...just to be safe.

No problem! I'm glad you called it in.

Ima

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members