TN TN - Jennifer Wix, 22, & Adrianna Wix, 2, Cross Plains, 24 March 2004 - #2

I do not have access to phone records to give you exact times, but I can tell you the details as I know them, Jennifer's aunt, my sister......was the last person in our family to speak with her, it was approx 1:15 p,m, in the afternoon on Thursday, March 25, 2004.

I reported them missing on Saturday, March 27, 2004. I was very worried that something was terribly wrong on Friday night when she could not be located and her boyfriends stories were not adding up to me. We continued to look everywhere we knew to look until Sat afternoon and decided to call LE and file a report. I regret waiting now, I sometimes wonder if there was something to be found on Fri night had I went on and made the report......would I know where they were today had I not delayed???????

Thank you for your interest in the girls case. There is something that will give us the answers, I just know it...........and it will take people like you taking an interest to find that missing link.

Thank you for your quick reply. There are always ifs, but quite frankly considering your daughter was an adult and you really had no reason to suspect she would be harmed, i think you moved rather quickly.

I'll continue to try to come up with some ideas.

before Jenn moved in with these people we discussed with her how critical it was for her not to take the baby to inappropriate places, her family all agreed that she could go where she wanted to but that we were there to watch after the baby for her if she felt she had to see this boy because we all agreed his home just was not an appropriate place for Adrianna. This was when she was dating him..........she moved in with him in Dec.

Hi Kathy,

I take it the whole benton family is bad, as you refer to "inappropriate places" I believe I am reading you on what you are suggesting. Who esle lived in the benton house.

Unfortunately, you can't search offenders in the county jail or statewide. I've looked.

It sounds as if Mr. B manipulated Jen to the point she felt she couldn't leave. What do you know about the rest of the family?

So Grandma owns most of the property? Cross Plains is said to be a small town and that kind of tells a story that is seen in other cases of injustice.

As for the search warrant issue. For this to happen, I believe that there is going to have to be a reason (probable cause- without a shadow of a doubt) that a crime has been committed on the property to execute the warrant. Benton says she left the property which is going to take this out of the "investigation"

If they did in fact search the home of the bentons where Jen was residing, they must not have found anything to suggest any harm was brought to Jen at the house.

I see there is a war going on , on the topix thread as to whether certain things were searched, xrayed and so forth. There was mention of the reports being on file, now this wouldn't be public record for anyone to see, would it? I believe a supposed "Benton" made this claim. Trying to prove their innocence.

There is no doubt in my mind that there is a whole lot of covering up going on.

Warm.jpg

Um. The boyfriend did it.

This is obvious from reading about 5 posts. Were his parents home or not? Who knows but why was MIL holding her IRS return money? BS. He was holding it from her. Why hasn't this guy been squeezed hard? He's lying. Did he hook up to a polygraph yet? Why not? He is your guy.

This is obvious from reading about 5 posts. Were his parents home or not? Who knows but why was MIL holding her IRS return money? BS. He was holding it from her. Why hasn't this guy been squeezed hard? He's lying. Did he hook up to a polygraph yet? Why not? He is your guy.

While I agree with what you said....I will try and answer your questions. It is not known if the parents were home, the story changes often. She had requested her tax money be put into his Mother's bank acct because she did not have a bank acct and the return would be quicker and easier to get (she thought) they still have it and won't return the money to her family. He ( the boyfriend) does not talk but his family says he took and passed a poly. Who knows if that really happened. LE just seems to be not doing much...who knows why. Have you read the Topix board? Now that really lets you in on what type of family we are dealing with...it gets nasty on there. The father of the BF comes on there and out right lies about facts, twists facts and makes things up if it isn't a fact. He has said some real vile things about Kathy (Jen's Mother) He tries real hard to look like a hick to get people to talk and answer his questions. He wants to know every last thing that the family knows...he hates not knowing everything and when he isn't told he resorts to name calling. He seems to be a very controling person but of course he denies that.

I agree they should put the squeeze on him.
If I were LE I would charge the bf, and put the pressure on. There is NO way he pulled this off alone. If the bf were charged and squeezed hard he would sing like a canary and I think the song he'd sing would include his father and/or mother.

Share, I couldn't agree with you more! Do you any of you ever go to the Topix boards?

It sure looks like there is a "good ole boy" syndrom going on. While reading topix surely you seen where "Joe" states often he "talks" with LE or this is "on record" or whatever his current mantra is....LOTS of lies. He is a very controling person who feels he not only has the right but deserves to know every last thing that Jen's family knows. When things aren't going his way, he creates "friends" to support him. New names always from his location. Calls names, trys to make every one thinks Jen's Mother is lieing about facts, says vile things about her, Jen and even the baby. He is not what normal people would call a class act!

It sure looks like there is a "good ole boy" syndrom going on. While reading topix surely you seen where "Joe" states often he "talks" with LE or this is "on record" or whatever his current mantra is....LOTS of lies. He is a very controling person who feels he not only has the right but deserves to know every last thing that Jen's family knows. When things aren't going his way, he creates "friends" to support him. New names always from his location. Calls names, trys to make every one thinks Jen's Mother is lieing about facts, says vile things about her, Jen and even the baby. He is not what normal people would call a class act!

Yes, I did see where he makes alot of claims of speaking with LE. If LE by chance reads his ramblings, they too will see what he is up to.

Someone on the Topix thread who claims to be a member or friend of Jenn's bf is now saying that he (the bf) sat and watched as Jenn got in a car with a total stranger and just left. This is not "strange" to them? The bf who previously watched Jenn like a HAWK and kicked down the door to her mom's house to get her just three months prior to her disappearance?

Things are continuing to heat up on the Topix thread and we are getting more interest in this case! PLEASE see what is happening there and PLEASE write to the media! We know who did this and they are AFRAID of ATTENTION!

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/cross-plains-tn/TBVI2C7G5C1IJBLON/p389#lastPost
------------------------------------------------------------

I used to post on the topix thread, but it got to be so hateful, I just could not stand reading it. The fact that it has gone on as long as it has just shows how uncaring some police departments are about missing people..and in this case, ...a missing child.

But, I will send emails to some tv shows, hoping they will spotlight
them..
I am thinking Dateline, 48 Hours Mystery, maybe get a 15 minute segment at least.

------------------------------------------------------------

I used to post on the topix thread, but it got to be so hateful, I just could not stand reading it. The fact that it has gone on as long as it has just shows how uncaring some police departments are about missing people..and in this case, ...a missing child.

But, I will send emails to some tv shows, hoping they will spotlight
them..
I am thinking Dateline, 48 Hours Mystery, maybe get a 15 minute segment at least.

Thank you from the TOP and BOTTOM of my heart! I know the hateful posts drive people away and that is just what the Bentons want to happen! They pretend to be other people and are just vicious! I can't figure out why the murderer(s) have been allowed to continue either!!! :furious:

BTW, wanted to state that not ALL of the Bentons are vicious. Some family members have shown some concern. They ARE a large family.

Many thank yous to those who've taken the time to read about this injustice! It means the world to Kathy and I pray this awareness will bring the media to the forefront!!!

Summary for all the newcomers (bless all of you for coming here!):

"CRIME LIBRARY

Wednesday, March 24, 2004 was not like any other day. Two-year-old Adrianna was in her bedroom, unaware of all that was happening. Her mother, 22-year-old Jennifer Wix and her live-in boyfriend, William Joseph Benton, were involved in a heated argument. That night, a very upset Jennifer called her mother, Kathy Holloway.

"She was upset," said Kathy, "and I offered to come and get her, but she felt she could handle the situation." That was the last time Kathy heard from her daughter. Adrianna and Jennifer had disappeared.

That Saturday, Kathy Holloway contacted the Robertson County Sheriff's Department to report she had not heard from or seen her daughter and grandchild since Wednesday. "We just want to hear from her," said Kathy. "We wish she would get in contact with us so we would know that she's all right. I just want her to call and say Mom, I'm not missing, I'm okay. If that's what it is, that's all I want to hear. She don't have to say where she's at if she doesn't want us to know. If she wants to be alone, just let us know." Jennifer is very close to her family and always stayed in touch with them two or three times a week. It was not like her to not let them know her whereabouts.

Local authorities treated the case as a missing persons case and immediately questioned Benton about Adrianna and her Jennifer. Initially, Benton reported that he last saw the missing child and mother on Thursday when she left with a friend he did not know. Benton changed his story upon further questioning and told the authorities he dropped off Adrianna and Jennifer at an Exxon gas station around 9:30 that evening, but he could not remember which station it was. The more he was questioned the more Benton's stories continued to change. Investigators from the sheriff's office followed up on every lead Benton provided, but only met dead-ends. Twenty-three-year-old Benton was released but has not been dismissed as a suspect.

As the weeks passed, posters and fliers were circulated throughout the county and a mass search was conducted. Friends, family members, neighbors and residents were questioned, with the hopes of gaining leads on Adrianna and her mother's whereabouts. Cadaver dogs were even used to search Benton's family's property and surrounding woods. "An intense and extensive investigation has been executed and is still underway," reported the Robertson County Sheriff's Office.

It has been five moths since Adrianna and her mother disappeared. Adrianna's entire family has been making public pleas for the safe return of her and Jennifer. They even hired private detectives to investigate the case. Adrianna goes by the nickname Nina and has a birth mark on her thigh. A $26,000 Reward is being offered for any information leading to the recovery of Adrianna and Jennifer Wix. Anyone with information should immediately contact the Robertson County Sheriff's Department, Detective Mike Carlyle ( 615-384-7971). Or call Texas EquuSearch (281-309-9500, toll-free 877-270-9500)." http://www.crimeandjustice.us/forums...topic=141&st=0

Please note that the above summary was written in 2004. Since then, LE has officially changed their case status to "presumed dead". :-(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aegon_the_Conqueror
Back