Identified! TN - Knoxville, WhtFem UP15118, 55-65, star patterned scarf, Feb'16 - Brenda Kaye Baker-Germann

That's interesting. I know when I'm in Florida I love to go thrifting at the Goodwill. I see tons of merchandise for sale from promotions where hats, umbrellas, scarves and tshirts are emblazoned with all manner of promotional logos. So it is possible that's where our Doe got her bag. Did LE ever provide a pic of the bag to see the logo?

That's interesting. I know when I'm in Florida I love to go thrifting at the Goodwill. I see tons of merchandise for sale from promotions where hats, umbrellas, scarves and tshirts are emblazoned with all manner of promotional logos. So it is possible that's where our Doe got her bag. Did LE ever provide a pic of the bag to see the logo?

I never saw it published.

I think the KEMA logo bag (if it is the logo of this company) must be from before 2011.

KEMA - Wikipedia.

KEMA was a global energy consultancy. KEMA was founded in Arnhem <the Netherlands> in 1927 as the N.V. for Inspection of Electrotechnical Materials Arnhem. In 2011, KEMA was taken over by the Norwegian agency Det Norske Veritas (DNV).

On 12 September 2013, DNV and GL merged into DNV GL, becoming the world's leading ship and offshore classification society. As DNV GL the company will continue to issue KEMA certificates from their laboratories.

I wonder if the where using a combined logo after 2011. Like in this picture...

kema-66b43550-0e02-4f62-87b0-d3b254745bd-resize-750.jpg

As you see the KEMA logo is blue with white lettering...I'm not sure how the green color of the bag relates to this.

I think the KEMA logo bag (if it is the logo of this company) must be from before 2011.

KEMA - Wikipedia.

KEMA was a global energy consultancy. KEMA was founded in Arnhem <the Netherlands> in 1927 as the N.V. for Inspection of Electrotechnical Materials Arnhem. In 2011, KEMA was taken over by the Norwegian agency Det Norske Veritas (DNV).

On 12 September 2013, DNV and GL merged into DNV GL, becoming the world's leading ship and offshore classification society. As DNV GL the company will continue to issue KEMA certificates from their laboratories.

I wonder if the where using a combined logo after 2011. Like in this picture...

kema-66b43550-0e02-4f62-87b0-d3b254745bd-resize-750.jpg

As you see the KEMA logo is blue with white lettering...I'm not sure how the green color of the bag relates to this.

The weird thing is, the guy who owns the company now, Norwegian Tom Hagen has been charged with murder of his wife who disappeared two years ago. For a brief moment, before I slapped myself, I wondered if the UID was her.

The weird thing is, the guy who owns the company now, Norwegian Tom Hagen has been charged with murder of his wife who disappeared two years ago. For a brief moment, before I slapped myself, I wondered if the UID was her.

Really? That is indeed a very weird and very interesting find. It can't be his wife, you already got that, but hmmm (thinking)

RIP lady. Kind of "happy" this is resolved. Thinking about your loved ones. We don't know who this poor soul was, but she was not Sharon Kay Leinart. I always thought she could be a potential match, but her Namus file is still up.

Last edited:
Identified as Brenda Kaye Baker according to Claimus
"Skeletal remains recovered behind a local business. Unable to locate NOK. The decedent has been donated to the RFC skeletal collection."
Original

Name: Brenda Baker (Germann)
Details: On 02/22/16, officers responded to a body discovered behind a building at 509 Cooper Street. Autopsy revealed blunt trauma to the head from an assault. Victim’s body was severely decomposed. Victim was last seen alive during the summer of 2014. Investigation is ongoing at this time.

Last edited:
*Note - date of death is incorrect
From her obituary
Brenda Kay Baker-Germann age 50 was found murdered Feb. 22, 2016 in Knoxville, TN and recently identified. She was born June 12, 1965 in Lima to the late Frank and Bonnie (Lucas) Baker. Brenda graduated from Perry High School and Apollo JVS in secretarial training. She had been a waitress. She gave birth to Alicia Germann who she gave up for adoption.
RIP Brenda. I hope your killer is brought to justice.

*Note - date of death is incorrect
From her obituary
Brenda Kay Baker-Germann age 50 was found murdered Feb. 22, 2016 in Knoxville, TN and recently identified. She was born June 12, 1965 in Lima to the late Frank and Bonnie (Lucas) Baker. Brenda graduated from Perry High School and Apollo JVS in secretarial training. She had been a waitress. She gave birth to Alicia Germann who she gave up for adoption.
RIP Brenda. I hope your killer is brought to justice.
Clearly they found the next of kin. RIP Brenda.

News article: Knoxville Police still looking for answers in woman’s death 8 years after remains found

* Knox County Regional Forensic Center requested help from the non-profit/volunteer genealogy group Unclaimed Persons, which was able to locate Brenda's relatives.
* Brenda's twin sister made arrangements for her remains.
* Per Knoxville PD, this is still an unsolved homicide "because of facial and rib fractures that were believed to have happened before the woman’s remains decomposed."

Her ClaimUs page is down. May Brenda Rest in Peace and it's good to hear her sister has some closure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back