TN TN - Linda 'Kay' Sanders, 16, Sullivan County, March 1964

Adding a new link.

snipped
Charles Sanders said his mother filed a missing-persons report in Sullivan County in 1964, but authorities there have no record of it.
He and Katie approached Sullivan County authorities again on Sept. 14, and Lt. Joey Strickler agreed to open a case

Who's investigating this case? That way we can contact LE to know the official word on this.

It appears Lt. Joey Strickler is now Captain Joey Strickler.

http://www.scsotn.com/?CONTEXT=art&cat=22&art=51&BISKIT=585762

I wonder if the Captain has gotten any calls about this case?

The two threads linked in the beginning of this thread are, interestingly, no longer valid/missing. And I'm really having a hard time finding any more information out there about this case.

Does anyone have a DOB for LKS?

EDIT: Or name of mom? Apologies if I missed that info.

The two threads linked in the beginning of this thread are, interestingly, no longer valid/missing. And I'm really having a hard time finding any more information out there about this case.

Does anyone have a DOB for LKS?

EDIT: Or name of mom? Apologies if I missed that info.

I searched around and only leads me here.

I'm from Puerto Rico, not sure if Mr. Strickler would even speak with me

I am sorry! I was not implying that you would need to make contact with him.

I will gladly give the Captain a call on Monday morning and see if he can offer up proof (would an email suffice from his office?) that LKS was indeed found safe.

I am sorry! I was not implying that you would need to make contact with him.

I will gladly give the Captain a call on Monday morning and see if he can offer up proof (would an email suffice from his office?) that LKS was indeed found safe.

Let us know if you can contact him. Also let him know about the mysterious two posters who claim she was found safe.

There is a Linda Sanders age 68 in Knoxville, not sure if same person, but I agree, need proof

ADD: she is not listed on Doe or Namus

Strangely I cannot find any information on this case everything just leads back to this thread. I pray that she is safe and happy where ever she may be today.

Other than two enigmatic posts on this thread, stating that she is "no longer missing" with no proof or reference there is very little information to go on.

One person only posted three times total, on separate subjects and the other posted only once total - on this thread. No confirmation or explanation.

I did find a 2002 mugshot of someone by the name of Linda Kay Sanders, but could not confirm that it was the same person discussed in this thread.

NAMUS:
--
Missing Age - 16 Years
Current Age - 75 Years
First Name - Linda
Middle Name - Kay
Last Name - Sanders
Sex - Female
Height - 5' 0" (60 Inches)
Weight - 110 lbs
Hair Color - Brown
Eye Color - Hazel
Race / Ethnicity - White / Caucasian
Date of Last Contact - May 1, 1964
Location - Kingsport, Tennessee 37660
Circumstances of Disappearance - This report was discovered while reviewing cold case files at the department. Complaints brother states that she left her residence in May of 1964 and was never heard from again.
---

Added to NamUs on May 16, 2023!!!!! No photo still.
Circumstances of DisappearanceThis report was discovered while reviewing cold case files at the department. Complaints brother states that she left her residence in May of 1964 and was never heard from again.

1950 census, Charles and Sharon are deceased. Ira died 2006, She had remarried and became Smith.

Detail Source
NameIna R Sanders
Age20
Birth Dateabt 1930
GenderFemale
RaceWhite
Birth PlaceTennessee
Marital StatusMarried
Relation to Head of HouseWife
Residence Date1950
Home in 1950Sullivan, Tennessee, USA
Street NamePeace St Ridge Crestdum
Apartment Number1642
Dwelling Number494
FarmNo
AcresNo
Occupation CategoryKeeping House
Worked Last WeekNo
Seeking WorkNo
Employment StatusNo
Household Members (Name)AgeRelationship
Hughie C Sanders23Head
Ina R Sanders20Wife
Charles J Sanders3Son
Linda Kay Sanders2Daughter
Sharon Y SandersJunDaughter
Save

Her fathers obituary 1984

Hughie (H.C.) Sanders Hughie Charles (H.C.) Sand- ers, 57, Parma, Ohio, formerly of Kingsport, died September 12
at Parma General Hospital. He was predeceased by his father, Robert Floyd Sanders and
a brother, Jimmy Sanders. Surviving are six daughters, Kay, Sharon, Nancy, Joy, Bonnie and Rhonda; three sons, Charles, Danny and Robbie; his mother, Rebecca Sanders, Johnson City; one brother, Bill F. Sanders,
Kingsport; four sisters, Mrs. J.C.
(June) Price, Oak Ridge, Mrs. Glen (Wanda) Moore, Liberty-
ville, Ill., Mrs. Jack (Helen) Ble-
vins,
Johnson City and Mrs. Ronald (Doris Ann) Miller, Kings-
port. Services were conducted Sep- tember 15 at the Powell Funeral Home Chapel in Parma, Ohio with the Rev. Jerry Gilliam offi-
ciating. Courtesy of Oak Hill Funeral
Home.
Willard Shelton

Linda Kay Sanders is mentioned in this article, but I don't see any new info.

May 30, 2023

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Itsmeblahblah
Back