GUILTY TN - Lindsey Lowe charged in deaths of newborn twins, Hendersonville, 2011 *guilty*

Simply by reading threads around here, it's clear people don't post many supporting posts when parents are accused of killing slightly older children. I don't see many "we have to understand this" or "we have to understand that."
What gives? Is it because some people consider killing of newborn children a post birth abortion?

Ok, so I was in this girls situation. However, we did NOT live in the best part of town. I was 19 and pregnant. My BF at the time was cheating on me so I had just broken up with him so it was just me. I was soo afraid to tell my parents. I thought that if I didn't think about it, it would go away. Well, it didn't. Finally, on my 4th month, my mom came to me and said "Do you have something to tell me?" I said "No"... She said well, even if you don't want to tell me, I have to tell you, It'll Be OK. But you need to go to the doctor. My first doc's appt I was far enough along to do an ultrasound and lo and behold, there were twins!!

I was sharing because I was 19, alone (no fiance or BF) and working at a daycare center. The thought NEVER crossed my mind to put my hand over the babies mouths. I just can't understand her thinking. Even if I didn't have my mom "bust me" and I went the whole 8/9 months to deliver, I would not have had it in me to kill MY KIDS.

If I recall correctly, I think some reports said her mother was the one who actually discovered the first baby?

Simply by reading threads around here, it's clear people don't post many supporting posts when parents are accused of killing slightly older children. I don't see many "we have to understand this" or "we have to understand that."
What gives? Is it because some people consider killing of newborn children a post birth abortion?

I agree jjenny! She gave birth to TWO healthy baby boys and her first role as a mother was to suffocate them using her own hands. Then she has the nerve to attend their funeral. Those two babies deserved to live and because of her selfish behavior they weren't given that opportunity. You can't excuse her behavior away. If you are able to get up, go to work and continue your day to day life then to me that means you are pretty darn stable in your mental capacity.

That's because with the older children, it already makes sense. Most of those cases are at least explainable. Older kids, are louder, messy, they have accidents, they make mistakes, they break stuff, all of these are things that lead to their deaths, usually by people that have already been shown to be violent, or in homes where there was abuse starting when the kids were younger. None of us like it, but someone can see how a violent person can beat a three year old to death for wetting their pants. It's understandable how it can happen, and frustration and anger are the main motivators.
This is different, because the motivations had to be different. That's why we want to understand these cases. Abortion is abortion, murder is murder (although there are many that will argue they are one and the same), but I think we all want to know what causes someone to commit murder, as opposed to simply paying the money and having a legal abortion, or placing the child up for adoption. There has to be less stigma attached to either of those options than there is to forever being known as a murderer.

You may, or may not have, noticed what year this happened - 1691 - over 300 years ago. The point I was trying to make is women have been murdering their newborns since history began. In the Emerson case I cited, this poor woman, and yes I have compassion for her, lived a life of hell in the Puritan ccolonies. She was very much afraid of what would happen if/when her twin babies were discovered, so - she solved that problem in the only way she could.

Granted, today we have, supposedly, a more enlightened view, but even so I wonder how far we have really come. I have pity for these women, and ALMOST all women who feel they have to murder their babies/children. I wish their were another way, but I feel their will always be fear, pain, turmoil, and judgment until we can all love ourselves and one another. And, no, I am NOT a bleeding heart, I just feel a lot of compassion for women driven to the brink.

I noticed the date... and I got the point as well. But it was still a WTF? moment for me.

If I recall correctly, I think some reports said her mother was the one who actually discovered the first baby?

No zpz1, it was her father who found the first baby wrapped in a towel in the clothes basket in her room. He didn't look any further or he would have found the second twin. He called 911.

Here's where I heard that the girl's mother found the first baby..

Ray Whitley, DA in Sumner County on Nancy Grace show:

WHITLEY: I think the actual facts are that the mother is the one that discovered the baby, the first baby in the laundry basket. She went up, as we understand it, into Ms. Lowe`s room and saw the baby. She told the father, and then the father did the correct thing by calling the police at that point. The father reported it, but the mother called it to the father`s attention.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1109/20/ng.01.html

*I apologize if I did not format the post correctly, still new at this!

Ok, so I was in this girls situation. However, we did NOT live in the best part of town. I was 19 and pregnant. My BF at the time was cheating on me so I had just broken up with him so it was just me. I was soo afraid to tell my parents. I thought that if I didn't think about it, it would go away. Well, it didn't. Finally, on my 4th month, my mom came to me and said "Do you have something to tell me?" I said "No"... She said well, even if you don't want to tell me, I have to tell you, It'll Be OK. But you need to go to the doctor. My first doc's appt I was far enough along to do an ultrasound and lo and behold, there were twins!!

I was sharing because I was 19, alone (no fiance or BF) and working at a daycare center. The thought NEVER crossed my mind to put my hand over the babies mouths. I just can't understand her thinking. Even if I didn't have my mom "bust me" and I went the whole 8/9 months to deliver, I would not have had it in me to kill MY KIDS.
-----------------------

Thank you LaWanda. I feel the same as you. :blowkiss:

I'm about 8 months along with my 3rd, and the only thing I can understand or empathize with is the crazy ups and downs of the hormones. I love my children so much and everything I do in my life is decided upon by how much good it will bring my family. That being said, though I'm excited to have this baby..at the same time, there are some days where it feels WEIRD being pregnant..I don't LIKE being pregnant on those days, I start to wish that just for that moment the baby wouldn't move, or that I could pretend I wasn't pregnant, or that I could ignore it somehow someway. It feels almost intrusive, almost gross..and please don't get me wrong, they're just bizarre hormones I get that I try to will away in my head. I'm married, I have a very supportive family, I have two beautiful children already, and I have a lot of positive things going for me and my family. There are just these fleeting moments where I can't believe I'm pregnant, I can't believe there's a baby growing inside of me..I can't feel right about it at times, and I don't want anyone - not even my husband - to look at me! It makes me feel gross, I just can't explain it. I know it sounds horrible, and it doesn't ever last very long..but when those thoughts and feelings come into my head, I realize it's the hormones and I just start trying my best to push them out of my head..and to focus on other things. I'm not scared of having more children, I'm not worried about my ability to provide or to nurture..

but my point is, what about other people who get these same hormones..and perhaps in larger doses, and they can't make them go away? Or they can't focus on anything else? What do they do? How does it make them feel? Do they feel gross all the time? Do they feel intruded upon? How do they handle it, can they handle it? You just don't know how other people deal with things, or what they're being given to deal with!

Personally, I still wouldn't ever find that an excuse for murder..perhaps an explanation of their feelings, but if you can give birth to children you don't want, you can also drive them to your local fire station.

I'm about 8 months along with my 3rd, and the only thing I can understand or empathize with is the crazy ups and downs of the hormones. I love my children so much and everything I do in my life is decided upon by how much good it will bring my family. That being said, though I'm excited to have this baby..at the same time, there are some days where it feels WEIRD being pregnant..I don't LIKE being pregnant on those days, I start to wish that just for that moment the baby wouldn't move, or that I could pretend I wasn't pregnant, or that I could ignore it somehow someway. It feels almost intrusive, almost gross..and please don't get me wrong, they're just bizarre hormones I get that I try to will away in my head. I'm married, I have a very supportive family, I have two beautiful children already, and I have a lot of positive things going for me and my family. There are just these fleeting moments where I can't believe I'm pregnant, I can't believe there's a baby growing inside of me..I can't feel right about it at times, and I don't want anyone - not even my husband - to look at me! It makes me feel gross, I just can't explain it. I know it sounds horrible, and it doesn't ever last very long..but when those thoughts and feelings come into my head, I realize it's the hormones and I just start trying my best to push them out of my head..and to focus on other things. I'm not scared of having more children, I'm not worried about my ability to provide or to nurture..

but my point is, what about other people who get these same hormones..and perhaps in larger doses, and they can't make them go away? Or they can't focus on anything else? What do they do? How does it make them feel? Do they feel gross all the time? Do they feel intruded upon? How do they handle it, can they handle it? You just don't know how other people deal with things, or what they're being given to deal with!

Personally, I still wouldn't ever find that an excuse for murder..perhaps an explanation of their feelings, but if you can give birth to children you don't want, you can also drive them to your local fire station.
I have 2 children and I know exactly what you're talking about. I spent my whole 1st pregnancy just not thinking about it. I was 23 and married, and we had plenty of money, but when my mom came in for the birth, she had to bring a bed, diapers, bottles, everything. IDK why, but I felt ashamed...like I had done something wrong. My 2nd pregnancy was just as bad, but in a different way. Like you, I felt gross and my 1st real thought every morning was, 'Omg, why did I do this? but right before that, I'd forget that I was pregnant for just a second, and after remembering, I'd be just sick at myself. IDK why, but I'm relieved to hear that I'm not the only who didn't feel special and have a warm fuzzy pregnancy. If I was a psychologist, I'd say that I probably have some deep seeded issue, that mades me feel like I don't deserve to be pregnant, so I turned it into an aversion. I had a pretty crummy childhood, so who knows. But, I was pretty good at putting the gross thoughts out of my head, and I can honestly say, after I had my children, the feelings went away and didn't affect my mothering...but I still feel guilty. After my 1st pregnancy, I got the baby blues so bad, that I didn't get pregnant again, for 14 years. I was worried I'd get even worse ppd, but I didn't suffer at all. People need to realize that some women are affected in a real mental way by pregnancy. I even have a theory, that some men are affected by pregnancy harmones. Some men HATE pregnant women and can't stand to look at them. My cousin's husband is like this, and I really worried about her while she was pregnant. He had told her that pregnant women disgusted him, but she married him and got pregnant anyway. Anyway, I need to hear more about this woman, but something weird was going on. But, even if the pregnancy itself, caused this reaction, she had 9 months to come up with an alternative plan. There are just too many options out there. JMO.

I could be wrong but I think her fear of anyone finding out she was pregnant out weighed everything in her life. I doubt if she even looked at her babies.

I don't understand it and probably never will. I can't justify any of it in my mind. I can only pray for her as I'm sure there will come a time when it really hits her and hard.

She has to live with this a long time.
moo

I could be wrong but I think her fear of anyone finding out she was pregnant out weighed everything in her life. I doubt if she even looked at her babies.

I don't understand it and probably never will. I can't justify any of it in my mind. I can only pray for her as I'm sure there will come a time when it really hits her and hard.

moo
Her leaving the bodies in the hamper, is what makes me question her mental state... out of sight, out of mind? If she had thrown them in a dumpster or something, I would see her as more calculating, but this is just strange. Did she think her parents wouldn't notice? ignore them? take care of the problem for her? or did she block it out? And from what I've read, she confessed pretty readily. IMO, there's more going on than an evil murder.

Her leaving the bodies in the hamper, is what makes me question her mental state... out of sight, out of mind? If she had thrown them in a dumpster or something, I would see her as more calculating, but this is just strange. Did she think her parents wouldn't notice? ignore them? take care of the problem for her? or did she block it out? And from what I've read, she confessed pretty readily. IMO, there's more going on than an evil murder.

This is something hard for any rational person to understand. Maybe in time everything will come out and it will help us to understand. All I can do is pray for her and her family.

I am glad she didn't take them to a dumpster. Like you I think she blocked them out, so to speak.

I think you may be right about this. I was 38 when I had my 2nd child, and the dr told me I was pretty much required to have an amniocentesis done. So I went, but here's the kicker... the only benefit of the test, (among many horrible risks), was that I would find out if my child had any defects. I was like, 'aaand?' I was told that if there were problems, I'd have the option of terminating the pregnancy. Well, I'm not judging people who make this decision, but for me, almost 7 months, is way too late for that. Anyway, I refused the test and went on my merry way. But my point is this...a lot of people don't see much difference between a 7 month term and a newborn. Babies have very little value in this society. JMO.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not supporting her. She murdered to helpless beautiful babies. I just don't understand her reasoning. They never had a chance to do anything wrong or upset a parent.

I pray for her and her parents. I believe she needs prayer. I don't know if she has a mental problem or just wanted "rid" of her problem. I don't understand any of this.

It breaks my heart for these precious little ones that never had a chance to even have a first meal, be held and rocked. Never had a diaper on them. Just thrown into a dirty clothes basket wrapped in a towel.

It makes me sick to think about it and I just wonder what kind of person could do this?

moo

moo

I totally agree! I don't see this as a malicious act of murder. I just feel like something in her mind made her feel like she couldn't have these children. I don't know if it was because of her mother's illness, her religion, the father, etc. I also feel like she sort of left them where they could easily be found. She could have put them in the trash or put them in her car when she went to work, but she didn't. I am not justifying what she did and I don't understand it...just sorting through my thoughts.

I totally agree! I don't see this as a malicious act of murder. I just feel like something in her mind made her feel like she couldn't have these children. I don't know if it was because of her mother's illness, her religion, the father, etc. I also feel like she sort of left them where they could easily be found. She could have put them in the trash or put them in her car when she went to work, but she didn't. I am not justifying what she did and I don't understand it...just sorting through my thoughts.

I see nothing in this post but justification.

I believe she is supposed to be showing up in court this afternoon for a hearing. I am not sure what, if any, new information will come out.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not supporting her. She murdered to helpless beautiful babies. I just don't understand her reasoning. They never had a chance to do anything wrong or upset a parent.

I pray for her and her parents. I believe she needs prayer. I don't know if she has a mental problem or just wanted "rid" of her problem. I don't understand any of this.

It breaks my heart for these precious little ones that never had a chance to even have a first meal, be held and rocked. Never had a diaper on them. Just thrown into a dirty clothes basket wrapped in a towel.

It makes me sick to think about it and I just wonder what kind of person could do this?

moo

IMO She is monster who murdered her 2 babies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacklakemermaid
Back