TN TN - Marlena Childress, 4, Union City, 16 Apr 1987

b2w927.jpg

12sbcg.jpg

ktu961.jpg

9kv64j.jpg

m5c8m9.jpg

DEC 1, 2022

Marlena Childress​

Marlena Childress was last seen playing in the front yard of her family’s home in Union City on April 16, 1987. Her mother told police she heard car brakes and when she went to check on her 4-year-old daughter, she was gone.

USTN_Marlena_Childress.jpg

The initial report of her disappearance resulted in a massive search, according to a 2012 issue of the Union City Messenger. However, she was never found. About two months later, her mother confessed to accidentally killing her.

She told police she disposed of the child’s body in the Obion River, but a body was never found. Her mother later recanted her confession, telling police she had made it up because she was stressed. She was initially charged with second-degree murder, but the charges were dismissed.

Childress’s disappearance remains an active investigation. She was described as 4’0″ tall, weighing around 38 pounds, with light brown hair and blue eyes when she was last seen. She would be 39 years old today.

If you have seen Marlena Childress, contact the Union City Police Department at (731) 885-1515, or the TBI at 1-800-TBI-FIND.

There's a lady in federal prison who I think could be her. The age, hair and eye color, those eyes and that smile match, IMO. What's more, the middle name's the same, though spelled differently. She was arrested a few years ago in eastern Tennessee.

Once upon a time I got into prison "penpalling". It didn't take me long to realize that the name of the game was money so I stopped writing to the ones I initially wrote to. However, I still regularly browse the listings on various prison pen pals websites. This lady inmate posted last year or year before on one of the sites and I've viewed her profile a number of times. When I casually viewed this post today and clicked on Marlena's link at the Charley Project, her pictures rang a bell and the federal inmate on the pen pals site came to mind. I went to the site and compared the pictures for a good while. I'm about 95% certain it could be her.

I've been on WS for almost 5 years but didn't start getting involved until last month. I'm relatively new at posting so I'm still learning the ropes of what you can and cannot post here. If I'm wrong, it could be a huge embarrassment to myself and the lady inmate. If I'm right, it would be really cool to have made the connection on the 36th anniversary of her disappearance, finding her alive and well even if she's serving time. But if anyone thinks I should contact the Obion County Sheriff's Office, LMK.

Try
There's a lady in federal prison who I think could be her. The age, hair and eye color, those eyes and that smile match, IMO. What's more, the middle name's the same, though spelled differently. She was arrested a few years ago in eastern Tennessee.

Once upon a time I got into prison "penpalling". It didn't take me long to realize that the name of the game was money so I stopped writing to the ones I initially wrote to. However, I still regularly browse the listings on various prison pen pals websites. This lady inmate posted last year or year before on one of the sites and I've viewed her profile a number of times. When I casually viewed this post today and clicked on Marlena's link at the Charley Project, her pictures rang a bell and the federal inmate on the pen pals site came to mind. I went to the site and compared the pictures for a good while. I'm about 95% certain it could be her.

I've been on WS for almost 5 years but didn't start getting involved until last month. I'm relatively new at posting so I'm still learning the ropes of what you can and cannot post here. If I'm wrong, it could be a huge embarrassment to myself and the lady inmate. If I'm right, it would be really cool to have made the connection on the 36th anniversary of her disappearance, finding her alive and well even if she's serving time. But if anyone thinks I should contact the Obion County Sheriff's Office, LMK.
Try talking to the prison employees first.

Yes, I think you should contact the Obion County Sherrif's Office or whoever is listed as the contact. It is very possible if Marlena survived she would be at high risk for a troubled adult life.

Hopefully you can get in touch with the prison or the police about her if at least she is alive maybe she doesn't remember where she comes from and it could be a change in her life maybe she had to experience horrible things on the street or with the person who she had under her guardianship... abused, without eating, or whatever... I hope this case has a quick solution...

Have you received a response from the prison or law enforcement? Finding her alive would be incredible!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juskitten
Back