Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #3

SIGH. It's been a week and a big storm is coming. I agree, I think they'll be either scaling back or calling off the search tonight at 5pm. They hadn't planned a presser but I think after talking about it they thought it would be appropriate to announce. They'll have to focus on weather related accidents and incidents and need the community to understand this.

I just hope he is found today. :(

I am sure it was minutes he went missing. Have any of y'all ever been cooking something and needed to add just two or three more minutes to it? I have, just very recently, and I remember saying to myself "Man, two minutes passes by a lot faster than you'd think". Minutes..that is all it takes.

Oh and I do have a friend in Lenoir City, TN. They had a few inches of snow already yesterday.

NC5_NickBeres UPDATE: The latest on the search for Noah. Okay, there will be another news conference on the search beginning at 4 p-m. I will be covering it. Remember, the Chester and Madison county sheriff have scheduled these every day this week. So, this does not necessarily mean there will be any new information. Perhaps we'll learn more about the new leads or evidence they announced they had found yesterday. I've heard from more than one person involved in the search that the evidence may be a hand or foot print and possibly a shoe. But that has not yet been confirmed by any official source. I suspect the sheriff's will be asked more about the leads at this news conference. Again I will cover it and have a complete update for you the moment the news conference concludes on a new post above. And I will try to answer your questions.

https://www.facebook.com/NC5NickBeres/?fref=photo

This is me being nit-picky, but it always bothers me in missing children cases when the height and/or weight is so clearly incorrect. Noah is reported as being 2 feet tall, which is 24" - the average length of a 3-6 month old boy. Average height for a 2 year old is 34-35". Noah doesn't look small for his age in pics.

I can't tell you how many 5-6-7 year olds I've seen described as 3 feet tall when they're missing!

I realize there are variations from average; my kids are always on the larger side of the charts, but it's highly unlikely Noah is only 24" tall.

The good news is, since he's likely to be the only toddler in the woods, it won't matter when it comes to finding him. I don't think the searchers will be like "I've got a young'n here, but he's about 3 feet tall...guess I'll ignore him and keep looking for that other boy" lol.

His size has been corrected in other articles. He is 36 inches tall and 30 pounds.

Regarding the amount of time Gma was distracted from Noah with his sister...

I don't think ANY MSM report states that LE says it was "seconds" or that the Gma or anyone else is trying to play it off like it was "seconds". It's been said here, and on social media, but it's never been stated as fact, by LE or in MSM, that I'm aware of. (someone correct me if I'm wrong?) What we DO know, is that she was briefly distracted and that's all it took for Noah to disappear. I have no doubt the self-imposed guilt she's feeling for that is eating her alive, as it would any parent or grandparent. I hope she never sees what the public is saying about her. I hope she's surrounded by people praying for her. I feel like crying for her as much as I do Noah, and his parents. This whole thing is just so tragic. :(
I

I know there has been a lot of speculation regarding the family, specifically the Grandma. When I first read the story my first thought was B.S. Not just because of my cynical nature, but because of the world we live in these days. I reeled myself back in and decided that until or unless there is a reason to believe otherwise I should take it for what it's worth. One thing I can say for absolute certainty is that when you have a family member missing, the absolute last thing you care about is what other people, specifically strangers think or say about you. You are single minded and focused on one thing, and that is finding your loved one.

I am sure it was minutes he went missing. Have any of y'all ever been cooking something and needed to add just two or three more minutes to it? I have, just very recently, and I remember saying to myself "Man, two minutes passes by a lot faster than you'd think". Minutes..that is all it takes.

I have not read every single post, so please forgive me if this has been covered. If Noah's grandmother was briefly distracted by attending to his sister, it would seem that the area Noah could be in would be quite finite. There would not be a huge radius of space Noah could have wandered into ? Is it known if cadaver dogs have been led around the radius where Noah was last seen ? TIA to anyone who knows.

All the searchers, helicopters, agencies and in 7 days no baby Noah............. it's like he vanished
sink holes........all over TN?
I just read TN is in the top 5 states for sinkholes.............ye gads!
Please folks down there be very careful where you walk!

I have not read every single post, so please forgive me if this has been covered. If Noah's grandmother was briefly distracted by attending to his sister, it would seem that the area Noah could be in would be quite finite. There would not be a huge radius of space Noah could have wandered into ? Is it known if cadaver dogs have been led around the radius where Noah was last seen ? TIA to anyone who knows.

I'm not sure it works that way. How far this baby could have possibly gotten isn't limited by how long the caregiver was distracted while watching him. It's limited by how long he was missing before conditions became too harsh for him to have survived them. It's likely he was alive and missing for 24 hours +. He could have gone a great distance in that time. There's no way to control the perimeter when they begin searching. So hour after hour after hour of searching, he could be getting further and further away.

In the news briefings they have stated there have been several teams of dogs brought in. They've even brought dogs in from out of state.

Maranda Faris @MarandaFaris
#FindNoah press conference is expected to run late. Sheriff Weaver is meeting with Noah's family and could be up to an hour late.
Retweet
More optionsDetailsOpen
19s

Dan Lampariello @WBBJ7Dan
Tom Mapes says press conference DELAYED. Sheriff meeting with Noah's family first. #WBBJ #FindNoah

Sending prayers of love and hope to Noah''s family. Prayers of love and hope also to all of the law enforcement and volunteers who are tirelessly working towards a positive outcome. My heart is with you all.

In one of the news pressers, the sheriff said both SAR dogs as well as cadaver dogs have been there from the beginning.

Yes it would *seem* it would be a finite area he would be discovered, but let's say he heard grandma calling for him, thought it was a game...ran, she couldn't find him for whatever reason (fell in a hole, hiding really well, etc.), then when she realized she'd have to call in for extra help, he had even more time to run (if again, he hadn't already fallen into a hole). My son was being watched by one of my aunts when he was 2 (ish) and he got wayyy up my grandparents long driveway. A woman happened to be driving by and spotted him in the road and yelled down to the house. My aunt didn't know he'd taken off. If the lady didn't happen to be driving by at that exact moment, who knows how much further he'd be gone or where he could have been. I had *just* laid down to take a nap and ask my aunt to watch him a few minutes before. I happen to just have a gut feeling something wasn't right before I fell asleep. It was minutes...maybe 5, maybe 10? Not sure, but my son got very far. Also, somebody said something about 'wouldn't the grandma have heard leaves rustle'... Well, we had two goats get lost in the woods and went searching. We were right behind them and they took off. The wind was blowing just very slightly. You'd never know how much just even the slightest wind blowing can make leaves rustle all around you until you are looking for something and realize it is almost impossible to figure out where the noises are coming from. It could have been she had her eyes off of him for 2 minutes, but it felt like less...or it felt like more once she started looking for him. Things happen sometimes that defy science and logic. Sometimes you have to witness things with your own eyes to believe it. I believe they are doing and have been doing absolutely everything within their power to find him. I also believe he will be found.

Maranda Faris @MarandaFaris
#FindNoah press conference is expected to run late. Sheriff Weaver is meeting with Noah's family and could be up to an hour late.
Retweet
More optionsDetailsOpen
19s

Dan Lampariello @WBBJ7Dan
Tom Mapes says press conference DELAYED. Sheriff meeting with Noah's family first. #WBBJ #FindNoah

Well that certainly sounds like they're going to announce that they're ending the search. How painful.

All the searchers, helicopters, agencies and in 7 days no baby Noah............. it's like he vanished
sink holes........all over TN?
I just read TN is in the top 5 states for sinkholes.............ye gads!
Please folks down there be very careful where you walk!

I read that Texas and Missouri were also high on the list, I've lived in both those states and wondered around a lot and knew tons of folks and none of them ever fell into a sink hole. Im not saying it doesn't happen and we know there were sink holes in Noah's area but how many people in Tennessee have actually known someone who fell into a sink hole? Just wondering. Hoping they find him soon still think he is out there.

Has Noah's sister revealed any information about how he went missing? I'm assuming she would have been questioned, even though she is very young.

Has Noah's sister revealed any information about how he went missing? I'm assuming she would have been questioned, even though she is very young.

I don't think anyone in LE is questioning - at all - the grandmother's version of events.

#PrayersForNoah
#FindNoah
#PrayersForPinson

:praying:
:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics