Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #3

I got the time wrong and went to get a quick bath. I'm so beyond sad :(

RIP Noah. :rose:

Thoughts are with his family.

I am crying over poor little Noah, but never in a million years would I lay any blame here. Everyone involved did everything they could. At least they found him before the storm came in. He was full of spirit and went on an adventure and the worst possible outcome happened.

And I had not been on Websleuths for so long.. I came back hoping this one would end differently. Thoughts are with the family and everyone who gave their everything to keep searching and found him. I wish I lived closer and could have gone too.

Just reposting this

((((Noah))))
c442d2a152fdababc9af3f60cbec89ea.jpg

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I guess that brings into question just how useful helicopters are, doesn't it ?

I knew this news was coming and it just never gets any easier to prepare for it. It is devastating. Why are we not getting better at this? Its so sad and frustrating. All those searchers, multiple agencies and he was in a clearing? This kills me. He went to a clearing. God was leading that little baby...we were just late. God bless LE, the searchers, the family. I'm so sorry. You all tried so hard and at the end of the day, thats all you can do. :tears:

I don't believe he did die alone, I choose to believe angels were there to rock him to sleep and keep him from being afraid. Now he running around Heaven and God's looking for roller skates.

JMO

I needed that to stop crying and smile a little...

Oh no, such sad news. 😢

I said before from the start this reminded me of other cases (going all the way back to Ottie Kline Powell in VA the 1800's) where search parties did not go far enough because they misjudged how far a child can walk. Sending 1/2 the searchers out farther to search would make much more sense.

Unfortunately, half the searchers, or even all of the searches, at such a widened perimeter would have left huge gaps between them, with the increased likelihood they would miss him or any clues he might have left. They would also lose any sense of close communication when they lost view of each other (radio traffic would be a nightmare), not to mention increased chance of injury given the terrain and conditions. To later go back again to the same site would be to also deal with the footprints, broken twigs, and disturbed ground.

The clearest way to maximize their resources would be to start from the last known location and work outward, shoulder to shoulder, over untrampled ground. Yes, any child could run far, far away. Any child could also simply sit and cry when he realized his grandmother wasn't there. But this search wasn't for just any child, it was for THIS child who had never been lost in these conditions before. If searchers played a guessing game about every detail, the search would be stalled by pain and indecision at every turn.

There will always be something to learn, every single time. It's what professionals do. I have no reason to think these LEOs and volunteers gave anything less than their very best.

Very, very sad for this child's family and friends, LE and volunteers, and all who have followed his story praying little Noah would be found.

For what it's worth... My husband had to do some military training in Germany in, I want to say late fall... it was chilly outside. (He had to learn to evade dogs, make his own cold weather clothing, find or make shelter, etc.) Anyways, he said he was sitting around and working on something (can't remember if it was a fire or something). He started to hallucinating. He didn't feel any pain, but in the hallucinations, his mind just kept telling him to just go to sleep. He almost dozed off until he knew, because of his training, that could be a bad thing to do in the cold. He told me he was very much at peace when the hallucinations came in, etc. He was later told (after the training event was over), he was definitely in the beginning stages of hypothermia. I like to take this, what he said and believe that is what happened to Noah. He just laid down, fell asleep, and woke up in heaven.

Just heartbreaking. They said he loved to hide, that poor baby. :cry:

I've been following since day two of the search and prayed and prayed that this precious little boy would be ffound. I can't even imagine the fear and desparationis parents and grandmother are going through. I held to hope that he would be found alive the first two or three days' but at this point my hope has diminished. I was really hoping he would be found either way before this huge snow storm sets in. I fear now that he may never be found and my heart breaks for his family. Also LE and all the searchers who have worked around the clock for days and in bitter cold conditions. Thanks to everyone here who has kept us updated and researched and presented us with maps of the area and terrain. I know we're all here for the same reason. I wish little Noah had been found safe and alive. God keep him and his family and give them strength to bear what will be.

I scaled 3 different locations on the map that were 1 mile plus back when I first made up the map.

I guess they finally worked their way out far enough.

I still suspect he was trying to walk towards someones yard light or the lights coming from the city of Henderson.

Map here:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zAAmDUXJe_aE.koApw5Wusksg&usp=sharing

The clearing at your point 'N' is right at the correct distance... of course there are many more clearings, and it doesn't have to be where they found him, it just sent a chill down my spine, is all. I thought your theory about the lights was good, and if so, looking at the cluster of homes, he could have seen those lights and trying to get there, but the creek got in his way. Maybe he just kept following the creek hoping to cross somewhere. Idk. I really am not into speculating like this normally but now knowing the outcome and looking at the map again... :(

For what it's worth... My husband had to do some military training in Germany in, I want to say late fall... it was chilly outside. (He had to learn to evade dogs, make his own cold weather clothing, find or make shelter, etc.) Anyways, he said he was sitting around and working on something (can't remember if it was a fire or something). He started to hallucinating. He didn't feel any pain, but in the hallucinations, his mind just kept telling him to just go to sleep. He almost dozed off until he knew, because of his training, that could be a bad thing to do in the cold. He told me he was very much at peace when the hallucinations came in, etc. He was later told (after the training event was over), he was definitely in the beginning stages of hypothermia. I like to take this, what he said and believe that is what happened to Noah. He just laid down, fell asleep, and woke up in heaven.

Thank you. This brings some hope that he was peaceful.

Thank you jen! Yes hypothermia is kind of a kind death. I don't think Noah suffered long. For a small child it is fast because they lose body heat faster than adults. He probably expired already in the first night. A child can become hypothermic in temperatures much above freezing (elderly people too). He probably just went to sleep at some point, and never woke up.

I think maybe they need to start having something like spotters going out ahead and in front of the searchers for like up to a mile or more, then coming back, several of them just doing this over and over again, at least there would be a chance they would come across the little ones.

I just keep reading here, seeing everyone's responses. Some are so beautifully sweet and eloquent. I wish I had the ability to speak my heart like that. I hope some valuable lessons can be learned from this, from how quickly an adventurous little one can take off to how to conduct searches better(I will say I think this community responded so well)...my little one turns 3 this weekend, and I am going to use one blue candle for Noah, and much like the candle, I am sure his short life brought much happiness and joy.

"Very Tragic".. 'RIP Noah Israel Chamberlin'...
Noah's family, friends, and loved ones have been inducted into the involuntary fraternity of the new life's normal, meaning that their lives will never be the same as it was before 1 PM on 01/14/2016...

[video=youtube;q2T1csHUgF4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2T1csHUgF4[/video]

This is not said with any negativity!

After repeatedly hearing how rough the terrain was, it jumped out at me to hear he was found in a clearing.

We will never know why, however, this lost child ended up in a place where he could be easily found. For me, he was waiting to be found.

I wonder if it's possible that they found him closer to being across the street or towards the left of the house if you're facing the street. I think that that might have been an area that was searched later because I think they were focusing more towards the woods at the back of the house.

R.I.P precious Noah [emoji257]

My thoughts, prayers and condolences to his family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurumsal
Back