TN TN - Pauline Pusser, exhumation, killed by gunfire while in a car driven by her husband McNairy County Sheriff Buford Pusser, 12 Aug 1967

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation confirmed that it oversaw the exhumation of the body of Pauline Pusser on Thursday at Adamsville Cemetery. She was killed by gunfire while in a car driven by her husband, McNairy County Sheriff Buford Pusser, a figure whose legend was captured in the 1973 film "Walking Tall," starring Joe Don Baker, and in a 2004 remake starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.
Buford Pusser in His Car
His face marked by the scars where two 30 caliber carbine slugs blasted half of his face away, former McNairy County Sheriff Buford Pusser points to a section along a lonely blacktop road where he and his wife Pauline were ambushed in 1967

<modsnip: copyright violation>

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip>

A TBI statement said the agency received a new tip that led agents to find that there was never an autopsy performed on Pauline Pusser's body.
The Tennessean cited an Aug. 13, 1967, publication of its newspaper that says Pauline Pusser was killed and her husband was “seriously wounded in the jaw when Pusser’s prowl car was fired on at dawn on a lonely country road.”

<modsnip: copyright violation>

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe like most that Dixie mob planned and carried out this plan to kill Burford. Mob didnt care Pauline was in the car they just wanted him dead!

I believe like most that Dixie mob planned and carried out this plan to kill Burford. Mob didnt care Pauline was in the car they just wanted him dead!

Same here. That Dixie Mob story is wild. I was just searching around for info about Biloxi before a trip there and spent days of the vacation reading about the Sherry murders.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
banana0990
Back