TN TN - Rhonda Daugherty, 49, LaFollette, 2 Dec 2014 - *L. Vann guilty*

He cannot be too smart. Reading through this thread, everyone knew he did it and everyone was looking for him. Then he went where all native East Tennessee people go for vacation - Myrtle Beach. I do agree Steelman with one thing you said. He was never taking her anywhere with him. So, while I am very glad he is under arrest, the main evil, Rhonda' s life and whereabouts remain unknown. But from what I've seen from living here for 17+ years, the TBI gets their man or woman. They do not see their job as letting out enough info so the public can investigate via the internet. JMO

The Daughertys are an average middle class family. At Coolidge First Baptist, Rhonda teaches the youth — middle and high schoolers — in Sunday School. Charles is chairman of the church deacons. The couple has three adult children, the youngest of whom is 19 years old and a college student.

Nothing indicates that Rhonda would willingly leave her family behind. She has a grandchild on the way, and her father is very ill with cancer.
http://www.lafollettepress.com/content/search-rhonda-daugherty-continues

Much more at link, story has more details about Rhonda than I have seen to date.

“For those who know Rhonda personally, this is very unusual and she wouldn’t have run away,” said her first-cousin, Scott Kitts, who set up a Facebook page called Search for Rhonda Kitts Daugherty.

As of Tuesday afternoon, 5,266 people had “liked” the page and shared it with 285,000. Kitts also contacted Dateline NBC, which he said plans to feature Rhonda in a future segment.

“We are all anxiously awaiting Rhonda’s return, and continue to ask for prayers for Rhonda, Charles and their family,” Kitts said. “Rhonda is precious to all of us, and we just want her safe. We are praying for her safe return. She is a very loved woman by many friends and family and a loved member of her church. If you have any information, please call 911 or 562-7446.”

http://www.lafollettepress.com/content/search-rhonda-daugherty-continues

Much more at link, story has more details about Rhonda than I have seen to date.

This page won't let me see the article....it says I need a subscription to view it?

I am praying for Rhonda's return...

Sorry shef, it doesn't do that when I open the link?

Sorry shef, it doesn't do that when I open the link?
When you first posted it, I had to log into my account before I could read it. I just tried to access it on another device and I didn't have to log in. No idea... :thinking:

Sorry guys, I have no idea why.

Vann was taken into custody in Myrtle Beach after Myrtle Beach police officer overheard radio traffic from a South Carolina Law Enforcement Division agent who was following Vann. The SLED agent and Myrtle Beach police conducted a traffic stop on Vann and took him into custody.

The armed robbery charges stem from an incident at a Myrtle Beach hotel on Dec. 9, according to Lt. Joey Crosby, with Myrtle Beach police.

The victim and the witness told police that they entered an elevator followed by Vann, who appeared to be talking on his cell phone. When the elevator got to the third floor, the victim and the witness got out and walked to a room. Vann followed the two to the room, according to the police report.

When they opened their door, both were pushed into the room while Vann pulled out a gun and demanded their wallets.

The victims gave Vann their wallets and he ran from the hotel.

Bond was set on the $110,000 for the armed robbery with a deadly weapon charge, the possession of a weapon during violent crime charge and for the sale of a pistol charge.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1136383#.VI85wHtUUW4

Vann also robbed a couple in Myrtle Beach ...

One of Tennessee's most wanted fugitives was captured in Myrtle Beach over the weekend.

Lonnie Lee Vann, 44, of Jacksonboro, Tenn. was charged with armed robbery with a deadly weapon, first degree burglary, possession of a weapon during a violent crime and unlawful sale of a pistol, according to J. Reuben Long Detention Center.

Vonn was wanted in Campbell County in Tennessee on two counts of armed robbery, according to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation. He was added to the most wanted list in early December.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=1136383#.VI85wHtUUW4

Maybe Lonnie & Sidney can exchange information on where we can find their victims, then tell on each other!!!!

Really glad LV has been apprehended..I just hope and pray it leads LE to Rhonda.

All of this over a charge with a minor? Was he slowly losing his mind? He was doing everything he could to stay out of court it seems. Now I don't see him being able to admit anything IF he did harm Rhonda. But I hope I'm wrong. I see an angry coward.

Vann was taken into custody in Myrtle Beach after Myrtle Beach police officer overheard radio traffic from a South Carolina Law Enforcement Division agent who was following Vann. The SLED agent and Myrtle Beach police conducted a traffic stop on Vann and took him into custody.

The armed robbery charges stem from an incident at a Myrtle Beach hotel on Dec. 9, according to Lt. Joey Crosby, with Myrtle Beach police.

The victim and the witness told police that they entered an elevator followed by Vann, who appeared to be talking on his cell phone. When the elevator got to the third floor, the victim and the witness got out and walked to a room. Vann followed the two to the room, according to the police report.

When they opened their door, both were pushed into the room while Vann pulled out a gun and demanded their wallets.

The victims gave Vann their wallets and he ran from the hotel.

Bond was set on the $110,000 for the armed robbery with a deadly weapon charge, the possession of a weapon during violent crime charge and for the sale of a pistol charge.

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/sto...3#.VI85wHtUUW4

Vann also robbed a couple in Myrtle Beach ...

So he robbed the couple in LaFollette on Friday December 5, 2014. Then robbed the person in the Myrtle Beach hotel December 9th.

Hmmn ...

This fits with the possible sighting of LV at the Clinton Wal-Mart. It is just down the road from Lake Norris.

Mods. Please delete if I can't say this.

Lake Norris, taken from the lookout just above the marina.marina is to the left of the picture.this is the marina at Norris dam, I think Sugar a hollow is in a different location. This might give you a little perspective though.

image_zpsc2f04056.jpg

I was told LV refuses to say anything until he is back in Campbell co. and can speak to his lawyer.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simwolves
Back