TN TN - Ryan Trent, 29, fatally shot, Nashville, 28 Sep 2016

worm

Reaction score
I’m terrible with links but a quick search has a lot on info on this. I came across this case just by chance as I sometimes browse the Nashville news. I’m not local.

This man was shot while driving home from a late night shift at his job. LE initially thought it was a fatal crash but he was later found to have been shot.

I hope I’ve done this correctly, it’s my first thread. I’ve just been drawn to this story since it occurred and would just like to see justice for this guy. From all that I read, he seems to have been a good person.

Attachments

• 8F7165DF-18A2-4CDD-AADB-9C25BF544F0E.jpeg
    8F7165DF-18A2-4CDD-AADB-9C25BF544F0E.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 10
The 29-year-old was shot and killed on Ellington Parkway on September 28, 2016 during the early morning hours.

Trent was found in his white Chevrolet Silverado. It had ran off Ellington Parkway’s northbound lanes into a tree line at Briley Parkway.

Family members said they were initially told he had died in a car wreck, but they later found out he had been shot. He was driving home from work at the time.
$11,000 Reward Renewed In Ryan Trent Murder

I hope I’ve done this correctly, it’s my first thread. I’ve just been drawn to this story since it occurred and would just like to see justice for this guy. From all that I read, he seems to have been a good person.

You did fine, I just changed a few things. Added an MSM link as that is a requirement to start a thread and added a bit more info to the title. Thank you for bringing Ryan’s case to WS and on a personal level, I appreciate greatly those members who express in cold cases.

Thanks, I should have mentioned the reward in my summary. I’ve read a few stories about his family pushing the reward info.

Feel free to add links and or any thoughts/speculations you may have to get the discussion started. If you need help adding a link to a news story, I am more than happy to help :)

I have never read anything about Ryan but I will do some research tomorrow and hopefully have something useful to add.

Feel free to add links and or any thoughts/speculations you may have to get the discussion started. If you need help adding a link to a news story, I am more than happy to help :)

I have never read anything about Ryan but I will do some research tomorrow and hopefully have something useful to add.

Thank you.

I’ve read before that LE didn’t find any disputes or such on his job or with others, my thoughts are that it’s random. Those are very complicated cases from what I understand. As sad and bizarre as it is, I had a local case where these 2 young men just took the notion to kill someone and murdered a man at a local store.

Reactions: mrz
I wanted to bump this in hopes of someone being local and remembering this case. It will soon be 4 years and the only evidence that LE has is the bullet they recovered in autopsy. It sounds a cold as a cold case gets so here’s hoping for justice.

Who killed Ryan Trent? Nashville man shot dead on roadway

Nov 9, 2017

A truck loses control on an empty stretch of highway, crashing into the woods near Nashville, Tennessee on Sept. 28.

The driver, Ryan Trent, who was about get married, was pronounced dead at the scene.

[..]

Ryan's family is devastated by the deadly crash. At first, it appears he had fallen asleep at the wheel driving home at 2 a.m. from his late shift as a supervisor at a parking garage.

"We didn't find out until later that night that he had been shot," said Ryan's mother Sharon Trent.

"The medical examiner found a bullet inside Ryan Trent's skull," said Metro Nashville Police Detective Adam Weeks.

And the news from the medical examiner comes hours after what cops thought was an accident.

"It went from a fatal traffic crash to a homicide," said Det. Weeks.

[..]

Did Ryan get into a beef with someone at work? Could it be a random shooter? Or did he tick off another driver in a road rage fight?

"Ryan Trent's vehicle's driver's window was rolled down, there could have been something yelled out of a window. Unfortunately it just takes something as simple as that," said Weeks. "Where most people would honk a horn or raise a finger or yell a swear word, other people will fire a shot or two at the vehicle."

They post signs offering a reward for his killer. The family is up in arms. They don't believe what cops say went down. A single shot fired in a road rage incident. They go back to the scene of the crime to search for clues themselves.

"We went down there, we had metal detectors looking for evidence," said Glenn Trent.

And there they find something that stops them in their tracks.

"They said one shot killed him but it looked to me like there was more than one shot," said Glenn. "We found some evidence we felt pretty highly of."

Spent cartridges in the same area where cops had searched before. But there's more. Cops reveal there's been a rash of highway shootings: four road rage incidents in the span of a week. bbm

[..]

"The evidence tells me that it's more likely a stranger-on-stranger crime than it is a targeted crime," said Weeks. "I don't believe that anyone had anything against Ryan Trent until a few seconds before they shot Ryan Trent."

Now Ryan's family is asking for your help to catch his killer, wondering if anyone else was on that stretch of Ellington Parkway early that terrible morning when the fatal shot was fired.

"I just feel like there's somebody out there that knows something, and I just beg them to come forward with what information you have," said Sharon.

A more recent road rage shooting on the same roadway -- resulting in an arrest

Man arrested after Madison road rage shooting

Feb 11, 2020

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WTVF) — A man remains in the Davidson County Jail Tuesday after police arrested him for allegedly firing a gun during a road rage incident.

In the affidavit for Dennis Lee, the victim told police it started on Ellington Parkway.

I figured I’d bump this thread for the 4 year anniversary of this murder. I’d really like to think some progress is being made to solve this but I just don’t think they have anything to go on. I hope there was more than one person involved and somebody talks. Although I don’t personally know anybody related to Mr Trent or this case, I truly feel for them on this somber day.

There’s an updated story about this case on wkrn.com but unfortunately no progress. His parents are asking anybody with information to come forward.

While going back and reading on this I’ve just learned that Chris Sparks, Of Nashville, was murdered in a similar incident on the same day. His case remains unsolved as well but they have a car type being an Impala. It’s a strange coincidence or maybe this could be the same perp?

I did read on main street.nashville that the family has renewed the 20,000 dollar reward and CrimeStoppers in Nashville has a 1000 on it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golden123
Back