TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.newson6.com/story/6421c...illed-in-shooting-at-nashville-private-school
Above news story quotes someone who says mother-in-law works at school’s front desk and had stepped outside for break. Mother-in-law heard gunshots when she went back inside the school.

Wonder how shooter got in? Btw: I’m not casting blame on the front desk person for taking a break at all. Someone else may have been manning the front office.

Such a sad horrific things! Prayers for all the students, teachers and families. Especially the ones who lost loved ones.
Well if she hadn't been on break she would probably be dead, I guess one lesson from this event will be the doors, they were glass and the shooter shot them out to gain access. I was impressed that the alarms sounded so quickly, guessing maybe someone hit a panic button?

Although LE said that she was shooting randomly. Also, this pastor and daughter weren't at the school and church years ago when the shooter was a student there.

JMO, but I think it was random and she was not targeting indivdiuals at the school. Just a convenient place for her to carry out her plan.
Maybe we will learn more as to motive from the killer's manifesto.

"We strongly believe there was going to be some other targets, including maybe family members, and one of the malls here in Nashville," Drake said. "And that just did not happen."

"We have a manifesto, we have a booklet, that shows the exactly what she had planned to do," Drake said. "We have maps that show the entry point into the school, the weapons that were going to be used, the clothing that she was gonna wear, and she had drawn it up, almost like a cartoon character. It was exactly what she had on during this incident."
This was one sick individual.

Her parents are lucky to be alive, according to the article posted above.

Their daughter playing dress-up and entering an elementary school rambo-style to indiscriminately kill innocent children and making it all into a cartoon as she planned it out in extraordinary detail.

Bodycam footage shows officers confronting shooter​

The Metropolitan Nashville Police Department has released bodycam footage of officers encountering the Convenant School shooter.

The video shows an officer arriving to the scene, arming himself with a rifle from the trunk of his vehicle. Officers unlock a door to enter the building as an alarm in the school blares. The officers sweep the first floor and make their way to the second.

A second camera angle shows officers moving up a staircase as one announces, "We got one down." The officer with the bodycam responds, "Keeping pushing."

They begin jogging down a hallway, passing by a dead body and backpacks hung neatly on a shelf. Shots are heard in the near distance, and an officer barks order to move toward the gun fire. Officer Engelbert is the first to encounter the shooter, rounding a corner where he sees the shooter firing out an atrium window.
Engelbert fires four shots and the shooter falls to the ground. Two more officers walk toward the fallen assailant with their weapons drawn, and fire four more shots.

They demand the shooter stop moving and to move their hands away from the gun. An officer tosses the shooter’s weapon aside as the shooter lays motionless, arms spread and back on the ground.

Ok, so I was right about the flashing lights. The video I saw had no sound. This one does along with the flashing lights!

The shooter was so young when attending this school and it seemed it was only for two years. What the heck happened in that time to have such an impact? Perhaps the school was just a symbol of something more in the shooter's life....
Nothing happened there. She was looking for a target, and apparently an excuse.

Wow to that body cam footage. Wow wow wow wow

This should be required video as part of training for every police department in the US

Guns are not the enemy. Well trained brave heroic individuals kept their cool in a chaotic, nail biting, horrific setting. Bravo! Bravo MNPD!!!

The fact AH was contemplating other locations makes me think that the main motive behind this wasn't anything to do with the school. They may have had resentment towards the school, but that wasn't the reason they decided to go on a killing spree. While they may have targeted the head of school, im not sure they would've even known that one of the children was the child of a pastor.
Agree, apparently her killing spree plans also included the mall and her parents.

Their daughter playing dress-up and entering an elementary school rambo-style to indiscriminately kill innocent children and making it all into a cartoon as she planned it out in extraordinary detail.
Exactly what I thinking!
MOO

She even had flipping cartoon stickers on her guns.

In pic #11 (from photo gallery) is that a person against a wall on the Officer's left?

If it's the one I am thinking of no. I know that in the body cam footage right before they rounded a corner to engage there was what i can describe as body armor display that until I slowed it down didn't release was just a display

<modsnip>

Yes, all but 3 students made it through the day. Safe from a mass shooting. Yesterday. But maybe not tomorrow.

Those 3 that didn’t make it were sons, daughters, siblings, friends, future astronauts or accountants or anything they might have wanted to be when they grew up.

Except now they won’t get to be anything when they grow up.
AH removed that possibility.

All that’s left for their families are the cherished memories.
And 3 funerals.

jmo

Last edited by a moderator:
It's strange to me that AH had maps and blueprints of the school, because IMO based off of the CC footage it looked like she didn't know where she was going and where people would be gathered in the building.
It is possible she remembering the school how it was when she attended, possibly some remodeling etc had happened?

Wow to that body cam footage. Wow wow wow wow

This should be required video as part of training for every police department in the US

I agree. IMO it should also be played at any trial of the Uvalde police as an example of what SHOULD be done.

The cognitive dissonance of watching armed police shoot down a murderer as they search through classrooms with the drawings and work exhibited by innocent children—-so heartbreaking. Yet they did what must be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592