To all the people that cant fathom a 10 year old could not commit murder.

I am sure there are several cases. One in the UK was 10 yr olds John Venables and Robert Thompson killed James Bulger 2 yr old.
Yes, that one is most notable. What is interesting about this one is he us even younger, it was pre- meditated and he threatened to kill another child also. The fact that it was pre- meditated is especially interesting to me. We usually tend to think kids actions are more impulsive than having a lot of planning. Yikes!

Exactly! That case made me think of the JBR case and I came here to see if anyone else had commented on it. Kids certainly can commit murders. Some are pre-meditated and some are probably situations where the child did not necessarily intend to cause a death but their actions were so severe toward another individual that it did cause a death.

There have been cases in modern history and probably cases throughout all history; we just didn't hear about them until the modern news era emerged.

I am sure there are several cases. One in the UK was 10 yr olds John Venables and Robert Thompson killed James Bulger 2 yr old.
OMG! The James Bulger case was awful! I saw a short movie at a local theater that was showing a bunch of documentary 'shorts' and it shocked the heck out of me. It's so hard to wrap your head around not one, but TWO young boys doing what they did to James. And it was all planned as they were caught on camera leading the 2 yo out of the mall when the mother wasn't looking. Just ugh at some people.

After years of watching/reading True Crime not only is it possible it has occurred.
That's why I wouldn't dismiss Burke in the JBR case.
Just recently a 10-year-old boy admitted he shot a man when he was just 7.
As posted above. and in another article, he was RELEASED, and won't be CHARGED. So...he is FREE to commit more crimes:

Cases involving a parent killing a child over toileting accidents:

Kimmy and Kristen MacDonald, ages 2 and 5. Many who researched the case believe the trigger for Jeffrey MacDonald's fatal rage to have been one of the little girls wetting his side of the bed. Afterward MacDonald staged the scene in an attempt to misdirect police.

Christina Holt, age 7. Like JonBenet, Christina was falsely reported missing. Although the killer was her stepfather, Christina's mother participated in the attempted coverup.

Ashley Zhao, age 5. Like JonBenet, Ashley's murder was disguised as a kidnapping. Although the murder was committed by her mother, Ashley's father participated in attempting to misdirect the investigation.

Harmony Montgomery, age 5. Like JonBenet, Harmony was falsely reported missing. Although Harmony was murdered by her father, her stepmother participated in the attempted coverup.

Cases involving a parent killing a child with the motive being concealing sexual abuse/sexually deviant behavior:

Dylan Redwine, age 12. Like JonBenet, Dylan was falsely reported missing.

Alyssa Turney, age 17. Also falsely reported missing.

Celina Cass, age 11. Initially reported missing.

it's hard to believe an innocent child is capable
I'm not seeing where anyone has trouble believing this. Almost everyone who posts here believes Burke is guilty although the bulk of the evidence points to a parent.

Children are completely capable of murder and other crimes. The James Bulger Case is a good example of this the boy was tortured and mutilated by two 10-year-olds. In the case of Jon-Benet, a lot of things don't add up, especially the ransom note that was written inside the house. I usually go back and forth between two theories. 1) Burke accidentally killed Jon-Benet and the parents covered it up to save their son. The parents invited people into the home right after finding her body and the crime scene was compromised. 2) Her father was assaulting her in some way and covered it up with the intruder theory and ransom note. I would love to see this case solved in the future. RIP Jon-Benet.

I don't understand the title of this thread. Who are all of these supposed people who can't fathom a 10 yr. old committing murder? This folder could be renamed Burke Did It. No one seems to have a problem believing a little boy committing this murder. Who people refuse to believe could do this are the parents.

I don't understand the title of this thread. Who are all of these supposed people who can't fathom a 10 yr. old committing murder? This folder could be renamed Burke Did It. No one seems to have a problem believing a little boy committing this murder. Who people refuse to believe could do this are the parents.
I think it is a viable theory but it is hard to fathom a child doing something like this. I also think the parents may have something to do with it. This case has always bothered me.

It's more common, plus parents are stronger, and we can unfortunately fathom, but when it comes to children it's hard to believe an innocent child is capable, but unfortunately, some are.
Perhaps we need to reevaluate the emotional belief that children are innocent. Likely they are not--we just want to believe they are.

Children are completely capable of murder and other crimes. The James Bulger Case is a good example of this the boy was tortured and mutilated by two 10-year-olds. In the case of Jon-Benet, a lot of things don't add up, especially the ransom note that was written inside the house. I usually go back and forth between two theories. 1) Burke accidentally killed Jon-Benet and the parents covered it up to save their son. The parents invited people into the home right after finding her body and the crime scene was compromised. 2) Her father was assaulting her in some way and covered it up with the intruder theory and ransom note. I would love to see this case solved in the future. RIP Jon-Benet.

What if both are true?
Someone was molesting JBR throughout her life...what if the father was, and Burke witnessed it and copied him? Burke over the years started resenting his little sister and became engaged with jealousy that the parents doted on her, that night the pineapple fight triggered his rage, and he hit her.
It is possible generational abuse and dysfunction created this situation and JBR was it's victim?

Yes, kids kill kids, but the extent that the parents (or just Patsy) went to cover up the initial injuries (making sure JBR was dead, multiple drafts for the ransom note, etc, etc) speaks to desperate self preservation.

If Burke had injured JBR, even intentionally, there would have been a call to 911. He was a kid and wouldn't have been in real jeopardy. Patsy, on the other hand........

What if both are true?
Someone was molesting JBR throughout her life...what if the father was, and Burke witnessed it and copied him? Burke over the years started resenting his little sister and became engaged with jealousy that the parents doted on her, that night the pineapple fight triggered his rage, and he hit her.
It is possible generational abuse and dysfunction created this situation and JBR was it's victim?
That is my thought also. Two things can both be true. Another thought, if the parents were aware of inappropriate play between the children, JBR ends up dead and is shown to be abused, JR knows he will be the obvious choice for committing the abuse. The parents would have to tell the world BR was abusing JBR and they were negligent in protecting her.
Not a good look for image conscious people.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SalmonElla
Back