Travis Alexander and Jodi Arias - What do you believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defence is making their opening arguments, the lawyer is claiming Travis was very controlling and showed a pic of Jodi wearing a tshirt that said "Travis Alexander's" and said Travis had it made. The lawyer also says the jury will hear recorded phone sex conversations weeks before the murder
**please let me know if paraphrasing like this is against forum policy**

I've been listening to the live feed. my heart went out to her when her lawyer was telling about how emotionally abusive Travis could be (if it all true). Telling his friends she is a "stalker" but then inviting her over to his house. I dated a guy like that and it can really mess with your head. Lets all hope for the best justice for Travis and Jodi.

Anyone else listening to the live feed? Why is the prosecutor asking so many questions about what ward this witness goes to?? What does this have to do with anything?

thank you for the live feed link on CBS 5. I wish the sound were louder--I have it on maximum and it's still pretty soft.

I am also on the live feed, and I can only think they were maybe trying to explain their church to people who don't understand, because I had to google it ;) but the relevance to the trial escapes me!
I also have to say, 48 hours and Jodi's behaviour had me convinced of her guilt, but the defence's opening argument was much less out there than I had expected!

I recently learned about an oath during the Mormon Endowment Ceremony and Mormon Blood Atonement teachings from Brigham Young and the role they may have played in the murder of Travis Alexander.

"We, and each of us, covenant and promise that we will not reveal any of the secrets of this, the first token of the Aaronic priesthood, with its accompanying name, sign or penalty. Should we do so; WE AGREE THAT OUR THROATS BE CUT FROM EAR TO EAR AND OUR TONGUES TORN OUT BY THEIR ROOTS." (Temple Mormonism, p. 18)"

http://www.challengemin.org/temple.html

"...Of all the practices in Mormons past, none is so condemning as the pre-1990 Mormon-Masonic temple death penalties and those slaughtered in its practice.

First, I have asked my loved ones to please do not "love me so much as to shed my blood" - temple style. You see I am looking forward to the party room on the lower level! I will find solace, peace and happiness there! :) That is my choice, or so I must explain to Mormondumb members. However, for those in denial, one can see the blood atonement practice right on the BYU web-site (the last few paragraphs on this page):"

http://www.mormoncurtain.com/topic_bloodatonement.html

"...The most deadly sin among the people was adultery, and many men were killed in Utah for the crime.

"Rasmos Anderson was a Danish man who came to Utah... He had married a widow lady somewhat older than himself... At one of the meetings during the reformation Anderson and his step-daughter confessed that they had committed adultery... they were rebaptized and received into full membership. They were then placed under covenant that if they again committed adultery, Anderson should suffer death. Soon after this a charge was laid against Anderson before the Council, accusing him of adultery with his step-daughter. This Council was composed of Klingensmith and his two counselors; it was the Bishop's Council. Without giving Anderson any chance to defend himself or make a statement, the Council voted that Anderson must die for violating his covenants. Klingensmith went to Anderson and notified him that the orders were that he must die by having his throat cut, so that the running of his blood would atone for his sins. Anderson, being a firm believer in the doctrines and teachings of the Mormon Church, made no objections... His wife was ordered to prepare a suit of clean clothing, in which to have her husband buried... she being directed to tell those who should inquire after her husband that he had gone to California."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_atonement#Capital_punishment_in_Mormon_scripture_and_ritual

"...Adulterers must atone with their blood; "Love thy neighbor" may require you to shed his blood."

http://home.teleport.com/~packham/byoung.htm#BLOOD

After reading up, I can see JA, in her deluded mind, condemning him of adultery and carrying out the blood atonement to send him to heaven, as an excuse for the jealous rage she obviously unleashed on him. The throat cutting was done so deliberately, with great intention, that it nearly took his head off.

What do we know about the sex lives of the victim and Jodi. Was Travis having sex with anyone else? Was Jodi? She was full of jealous rage. Awful - OVERKILL

Does Jodi believe in the Mormon Doctrine of Eternal Progression and therefore feels they will be reunited?

They met through selling for a Pre-Paid Legal Service, Inc. (PPD) can anyone tell me is this a legit company or a Ponzi scheme? Travis was obviously successful, how about Jodi?

Pre Paid Legal Services, Inc. -The Truth About Pre Paid Legal Services I http://youtu.be/TyOWABA9khk

The photo being shown in court today is very telling. They are describing it as an accidental photo, I believe she took it intentionally. A close inspection of the photo indicates imo she took the picture at the moment of his death as proof of her blood atonement. Looking at her leg, in the blue sweatpants with the stripe down the side, and her foot turned outward, you can see how she is propping his back up on her leg for the photo. In her deluded mind she was releasing him from his sins and allowing him into heaven...

Do you know what type of car Mimi (Marie) Hall drove at the time of Travis's death?
Hey guys this question is from reporters of ABC (out of Arizona)

Do you know what type of car Mimi (Marie) Hall drove at the time of Travis's death?
Hey guys this question is from reporters of ABC (out of Arizona)

You're in the wrong thread. Go to "trials" instead of currently awaiting trial and you'll get a response.

Thank you BrownRice, I didn't realize I was in the wrong thread

Gun from Grandparents Home
Police Report - Stolen .25 Caliber Gun
Victim Shot with .25 Caliber Gun
Knife

Victim throat slashed
3 inch knife wound to Chest
Gun Shot wound to Face
Knife wounds in Back
Knife Wounds to Head

Victims hands had defensive's wounds

Jodi Arias body had a few cuts on hand

Death Scene took less than 2 minutes

Rent a car, white car, license plate, colored hair, new boy friend, lies about career, lies about family, lies about.....

Appears to me that Jodi planned with great details to kill Travis and make it look like a mafia hit done by a strong man.

We've all been there so as a reminder, to men and women: if you are in a love relationship that has turned sour........and you feel you've been used...and you feel you are getting obsessive, desparate, or vengeful---> stay away. Get out. Do not jeopardize your health or safety due to a failed relationship.

Protect yourself (and sometimes we have to protect ourselves from ourselves). Failure to do so may have grave consequences. You will gain no sympathy.

George Herbert said "The best revenge is living well" and he is right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Remsfled