Travis Alexander and Jodi Arias - What do you believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All :seeya:

The Court has received and considered CBS 5 News Request for Photographic Coverage
of Public Judicial Proceedings.

IT IS ORDERED granting CBS 5 News request for photographic coverage only in the
courtroom in which this proceeding is being held. All persons with cameras shall comply with all
provisions of Rule 122, Rules of the Supreme Court of Arizona, whether or not Court is in
session. There shall be no use of flashbulbs, strobe lights or other artificial lights anywhere in the
courthouse. There shall be no use of cameras in the hallway, stairwell, elevator, cafeteria, or
other public or private area of the courthouse.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the victims shall not be photographed. The Defendant
may be photographed.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/072011/m4800943.pdf

For as long and drawn out as this case has been.. We're down to two weeks before the trial begins! And this is a set in stone date, so they won't be delaying any further.. I think we need to get HLN on board with this story.. We need MORE than photographs! Write Dr. Drew, Nancy Face, Joan Valdez-whomever and all that jazz.. I'm surely not speaking for myself when I say I want that televised!!

A Settlement Conference is held.
THE COURT FINDS the assigned prosecutor does not have the authority to offer a plea
to the Defendant nor does he have the authority to accept an offer by the Defendant.
9:50 a.m. Court stands at recess.
9:52 a.m. Court reconvenes with respective counsel and Defendant present.
The Court has contacted Bob Shutts of the Maricopa County Attorney’s Office and
orders him to be present at 3:30 p.m. for further discussion in this Settlement Conference. 9:59 a.m. Court stands at recess.
3:44 p.m. Court reconvenes with Bob Shutts and Juan Martinez representing the State,
Kirk Nurmi and Victoria Washington representing the Defendant, who is present.
Dale Baich of the Federal Public Defender’s Office is present to assist in this Settlement
Conference.
The Settlement Conference continues at this time with no result.
IT IS ORDERED affirming the Final Trial Management Conference set 07/22/2011 at
8:30 a.m. before Judge Stephens.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED affirming the Evidentiary Hearing set 07/25/2011 and
07/26/2011 both at 1:30 p.m. before Judge Stephens.
IT IS FURTHER ORDERED affirming the Firm Trial set 08/02/2011 at 10:30 a.m.
before Judge Stephens.
LAST DAY REMAINS: 09/02/2011
IT IS ORDERED affirming prior custody orders.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov...1/m4810307.pdf

I REALLLY hope there will be more than just pictures at the trial! I wish it would be webcast just the the C. Anthony trial...with a different verdict, of course! :)

Tanisha Sorenson: only the jury selection starts aug 2nd. DA said that will take about two weeks and then the trial will start after that.
Travis' sister on the trial date...

It also seems that they are still trying to negotiate media access:

The court having received the Defendant's Motion to Reconsider Media Access.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/072011/m4816720.pdf

Jared C Barnard
TV update from a friend who used to work in the newsroom in PHX and just made a call:

"So, I found out that 48 hours is working on a 2 hour special for the Jodi Arias trial. CBS5, the local affiliate in Phoenix put in the request for camera in the courtroom, but a former CBS5 employee is working freelance for 48 hours show. So, it's a bit of teamwork.
KPHO.com will be doing nightly updates when the trial gets underway but have done some previews I can get you."

Travis' sister on the trial date...

It also seems that they are still trying to negotiate media access:

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/072011/m4816720.pdf

Hi, SheStartedIt; thanks so much! I have been disappointed by the absence of media coverage over the last several months and had been worried that it might reflect that even those in the immediate region had lost interest.

I assume that the defense is interested in restricting media coverage, although with Jodi's head-strong ways, one can't be certain.

Even viewed coldly, the trial should generate attention: Both the victim and the defendant were attractive young people; there is a sexual aspect; and the defendant has already made multiple media appearances.

This is a horrible crime....... I remember watching the first showing of the 48 Hours Mystery, "Picture Perfect" (I think that is what it was called).

So glad they are doing a 2 hour show updating us on this tragic case. I'm sure the Autopsy photos are very graphic....

Hi, SheStartedIt; thanks so much! I have been disappointed by the absence of media coverage over the last several months and had been worried that it might reflect that even those in the immediate region had lost interest.

I assume that the defense is interested in restricting media coverage, although with Jodi's head-strong ways, one can't be certain.

Even viewed coldly, the trial should generate attention: Both the victim and the defendant were attractive young people; there is a sexual aspect; and the defendant has already made multiple media appearances.

I completely agree Chanler about the lack of national media coverage, Hopefully once the trial begins, more networks will pick up on it. I have been following it for a couple years, and cant remember if tv cameras were barred from the courtroom? In Sessions needs a trial to grab peoples attention after the over-done coverage of the ICA/CMA trial(whick they did a great job IMHO), and although all crimes derserve to be covered, you would think this would be popular both in print (newspapers, even internet media) as well as television coverage. :twocents:

Travis was a nice looking young man, and Jodi wasnt that ugly on the outside :dervish:. I am actually shocked that more than CBS is the only one to show interest in this case (As far as I have seen). I live in Northern CA and would have never heard of it if not for WS (Granted only Jodi is from here, the crime didnt occur here).

:rose: God be with you Travis :rose:

No coverage, except for this intriguing piece. The passage bold-faced is, as far as I know, the first direct assertion that Jodi now claims that she killed Travis in self-defense:

http://www.kpho.com/story/15175923/fbi-profiler-reacts-to-local-cases

Another femme fatale case is about to start trial here in the valley.
Jodi Arias is accused of premeditated murder for killing a Mesa motivational speaker and entrepreneur.
Police say, they'd been dating on and off when she moved to town to be closer to him.
Despite damning evidence, police found pictures of his murder, time-stamped seconds after images of the two naked together in his home, she still insists on her innocence.
DeLong says, we shouldn't rush to judgment and follow the flock of people asking why the case is even going to court."I think we all said that about Casey Anthony too, so we need to watch out!"
"I would love to hear her explanation of how those photographs of them intimately engaged were so closely time stamped. It'll be fascinating to hear what her explanation, or her attorney's explanation of that is," DeLong says.
Arias first told police she was not involved, then said two people broke into his home, killed him and attacked her, then later changed her story a third time, saying she killed her ex in self-defense.
Prosecutors are going for the death penalty.
DeLong says she'd love to pick those cases apart in even more detail.
You can tune-in Friday nights for her expert take on the psychology and criminology behind some of the most fascinating female killers in America in Investigation Discovery's "Deadly Women."

I'm sure the Autopsy photos are very graphic....

I've seen them.. And the crime scene/autopsy photos are very graphic indeed.. Definitely not for the faint of heart or those with a weak stomach.

I thought I had posted on here about Travis' sister saying Jodi admitted to killing him, but in self defense, but I think I was confusing my websites :waitasec:

Still so hard to believe. Never in a million years would we have imagined this sweet friend of ours would be able to commit such a heinous act.

And poor, POOR Travis.. I can't even begin to fathom what he must have went through in his last moments on this Earth.. :tears:

Also just wanted to point out that a few people the trial is going to be delayed... It's not going to be delayed perse'... The trial is set to start today, but it's only consisting of jury selection.. so once that's over.. everything else shall begin.

If anyone has The Investigation Discovery channel, (ID) there is going to be a part about Jodi on this Friday's episode of, "Deadly Women".

Sorry Chanler! Didn't see you already posted it!

The Alexander Family should know on the 10th if Tru Tv will be allowed in the courtoom to film the trial and the ACTUAL trial SHOULD begin on the 15th or 16th.

If anyone has The Investigation Discovery channel, (ID) there is going to be a part about Jodi on this Friday's episode of, "Deadly Women".

Sorry Chanler! Didn't see you already posted it!

The Alexander Family should know on the 10th if Tru Tv will be allowed in the courtoom to film the trial and the ACTUAL trial SHOULD begin on the 15th or 16th.

Hi, SheStartedIt; honestly, no apologies necessary: I hadn't paid attention to that part of the article, which does deserve showcasing! As always, thanks for the information. You're a gift to us all.

Hi All.

I'm very much hoping to follow this trial as well. I hope it is televised.

I have been following this case (originally on MDS) since Jodi Arias was arrested and am very keen to see how it plays out in court.

I sincerely hope that Travis Alexander's family and friends get the justice they deserve, it has been a long time coming for them.

SheStartedIt, it must be pretty strange for you. I have never had any friends arrested for such a horrific crime, only an aquaintance who was strung out on drugs and threatened people, but I was so shocked at that, as I would never have imagined him capable of that either.

I totally agree with you about the photos, they are terrible.

My heart goes out to Travis's family. Its fair to say that Travis didn't have the best start in life, yet worked hard to get where he was in life and then to have it ended in such a terrible way, its a real tragedy. I hope that they are managing to heal in some way and this trial brings them some closure.

Has this Police report been posted here before. The first page, I can't even read, though I can read the probable cause statement by LE.

http://www.azcentral.com/kpnx/pdf/jodi_arias0911.pdf

If it has been posted before, I apologize for re-posting, though with the trial, fast approaching, I thought some people may want to read/re-read it.

Has this Police report been posted here before. The first page, I can't even read, though I can read the probable cause statement by LE.

http://www.azcentral.com/kpnx/pdf/jodi_arias0911.pdf

If it has been posted before, I apologize for re-posting, though with the trial, fast approaching, I thought some people may want to read/re-read it.

hI, Nobodyzgirl, and thank you. I read this not long after it was first posted here, but this new post brings it all back with an alarming freshness. To me, the most striking items are the extent of Travis' wounds: 27 lacerations, including a throat cut that alone would have killed him, and a bullet wound to the head. To me, this seems like an adrenaline-fueled act of savage vengeance, not a spontaneous act of surprised defense.

I would love it if Dateline did a story on this just like 48 hours mystery has.

Also, Does anybody know why 48 hours mystery has a habit of showing autopsy photos?

Looks like the trial date has changed again, and yesterday and today was for evidentiary hearing, and oral arguments for Motions are set for August 10.

IT IS ORDERED setting Evidentiary Hearing on August 8, 2011 and August 9, 2011 at
10:30 a.m. before this division.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED setting time for Oral Argument on motions for August 10,
2011 at 10:30 a.m. before this division.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED vacating the Trial date of August 2, 2011, to be reset at the
above-set dates.

http://www.courtminutes.maricopa.gov/docs/Criminal/082011/m4834471.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members