Trayvon's injuries, per the leaked autopsy report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. Instantaneous loss of BP. Never had a chance. No way CPR could do anything. Even if that injury occurred in an ER, that injury is not survivable. Not even with a cardiopulmonary bypass machine ready and waiting. Pretty sad deal.

(That is, if the mainstream media article "fact" is accurate. And accuracy has been a real problem the past few days, it seems.)

I'm still interested to see the autopsy report, though I've been pretty confident what the the AR would say about the intrathoracic damage.

BBM yikes, I hope the autopsy report will be easier to read than that! ;)

I thought I read somewhere that his lung(s) were/was penetrated...would he have been able to talk as GZ says he did after the shot?

I thought I read somewhere that his lung(s) were/was penetrated...would he have been able to talk as GZ says he did after the shot?

It would be a good reason why the screaming stopped. jmo

The shock wave of the blood going to the brain from the heart would have knocked him out instantly. He never said or did anything after he was shot other then to fall over which ever way he was leaning. imo

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: It would take a pretty big finger to sport a scrape the size of a quarter.

He didn't mention "finger", just "knuckle". Those knotty things where your finger meets your hand are knuckles too.

I have small hands, I could easily place a quarter on any knuckle of my flattened hand.

The "abrasion" was under the knuckle on his ring finger. Not on his knuckle.

I would think that it would take somewhat force to give a man two black eyes and break his nose. That would have to be a hard hit.

I know I am way behind here-could be head butt from T, could be noggins colliding if GZ was falling backwards holding onto T as some on the thread have speculated.

I am going back now to see if there are any other abrasions noted or if we are looking at some very, very selective stuff being released here.

I mean, T had medical intervention...they didnt just roll him over and declare him dead. JMVHO. So, there are other things that were clearly noted in the actual autopsy report which up until I left the thread yesterday have not been mentioned by the media. There have to be.

I will catch up now!

He didn't mention "finger", just "knuckle". Those knotty things where your finger meets your hand are knuckles too.

I have small hands, I could easily place a quarter on any knuckle of my flattened hand.
It was an 1/8th inch to 1/4 inch sized abrasion.

<modsnip>

I am late to the party as per usual....quarter size? Can somebody point me to that please....I admit I am not up to speed on this case as Isabel Celis has captured my heart and my head.
TIA

Makes not a bit of difference whether he had shredded lung tissue. The loss of consciousness would proceed so rapidly from the GSW to the heart that lung function is just not an issue. We're talking a few seconds of consciousness, at best, once the heart was impacted. So it is possible he uttered something as he lost consciousness, imo. (Thinking of this as on the "exhale".)

Makes not a bit of difference whether he had shredded lung tissue. The loss of consciousness would proceed so rapidly from the GSW to the heart that lung function is just not an issue. We're talking a few seconds of consciousness, at best, once the heart was impacted. So it is possible he uttered something as he lost consciousness, imo. (Thinking of this as on the "exhale".)

Could Trayvon possibly have said, "You got me," as he exhaled which happens sometimes in old Western movies and as GZ claimed in early reports of Trayvon's death? I don't have the link so IMO GZ claimed that.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...tin-had-injuries-to-his-knuckles-report-says/

Trayvon Martin Shooting: Autopsy results found Martin had injuries to his knuckles, report says

A responder at the crime scene told CBS News that he and others saw wounds on the knuckles of one of Martin's hands as he lay dead on this lawn. This suggests that Martin had thrown a punch.

BBM - there are those plural words again.

ETA: This article was just posted about 2 minutes ago.

So the leaked autopsy report was wrong or the media is editing it again? :waitasec: That is if you believe what the first responder told CBS.

This is a mess.

So the leaked autopsy report was wrong or the media is editing it again? :waitasec: That is if you believe what the first responder told CBS.

This is a mess.
I wouldn't take the term "responder" to mean the medical team, just in case anyone may have interpreted it that way..(I'm guessing it was the same "friend of George's" who took the picture.")

and I also don't think you can take the words of a supposed eye-witness over that of a medical examiner in an autopsy report.

You know I have been searching around trying to find anything that would support a quarter inch abrasion to a single knuckle as being indicative of an actual brawl that would have caused GZ's injuries.

I even read Ron Goldman's autopsy because he clearly was in a fight for his life, granted a COMPLETELY different scenario. I have read mixed martial arts website, boxing websites and bare knuckle boxing websites.

Unless TM was schooled in some of these arts mentioned, you are going to get hurt hitting someone's face unless you know how to do it. You are going to have bruises. Pounding someone's head on pavement should show something more to his hands. It is easy to break fingers when you punch someone....

There is no mention of bruising. A single abrasion. I mean, I dont think what is being reported is accurate. There is too much that is missing here that is worthy of being reported. The autopsy results as leaked appear are biased. That is the only scenario that fits for me....

It was an 1/8th inch to 1/4 inch sized abrasion.

<snipped>

My local news this morning, sorry for no link, so I'll say IMO. It was repeated twice. He could have been mistaken, I kept thinking when the segment came up again, he'd have been corrected.

I tend not to believe much from NBC since three employees were fired for fraudulent reporting. Until I see the autopsy report, it's all possible.

My local news this morning, sorry for no link, so I'll say IMO. It was repeated twice. He could have been mistaken, I kept thinking when the segment came up again, he'd have been corrected.

I tend not to believe much from NBC since three employees were fired for fraudulent reporting. Until I see the autopsy report, it's all possible.

"The only injuries to Martin are from the gunshot and to one knuckle, "a quarter-inch to one-eighth inch abrasion on the fourth finger in the ring area."
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...152333240.html

Yep. ---> -- <--- That.

The only injury.

Except for the close range, hollow point bullet that Zimmerman discharged into his chest.

The shock wave of the blood going to the brain from the heart would have knocked him out instantly. He never said or did anything after he was shot other then to fall over which ever way he was leaning. imo

BBM

This may not be accurate as I know for a fact that during a tachychardia episode I was injected with a medication in my groin and my heart STOPPED.

I know what I said I simply can't repeat it before the heart started beating again.

BBM

No, talking after that shot....that's why the screaming stopped immediately, IMO.

Could Trayvon possibly have said, "You got me," as he exhaled which happens sometimes in old Western movies and as GZ claimed in early reports of Trayvon's death? I don't have the link so IMO GZ claimed that.

I have no idea whether someone shot in the heart can manage to say something before death. It would be up to medical experts to either support or contradict that.

The "abrasion" was under the knuckle on his ring finger. Not on his knuckle.

Are these first reports to be ignored now because NBC spoke with Crump?

WFTV

WFTV has learned that the medical examiner found two injuries on Martin’s body: The fatal gunshot wound and broken skin on his knuckles.

--if trayvon was "straddling" george at the time that he shot him, wouldn't trayvon have fallen forward and right on top of george at that point?

Then presumably Zimmerman would wiggle out from underneath him, which could explain why Trayvon was face down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny