Trial break: The State vs Jodi Arias; trial resumes 4 February 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
The age old argument..nature vs nurture!

And the age-old truth is that they always interact together, albeit in varying proportions, because nature and nurture are simply two sides of the same coin.
:moo:

Thank you so much Minor!

:bow: For not only listening to the whole thing but transcribing it as well!!

I tried a couple times but couldn't make it thru the whole thing :puke:

I had to take some breaks here and there because it was so nauseating. I really wanted to have every word to refer to though to compare to the so-called evidence they're presenting.

If she was in California and she was recording the phone call without his knowledge then I don't see how it could be admissible in court. I wonder if he did approve it. There must be a reason defense brought it up in OS.
Also, do we know for sure that Jody was in California at the time of the recording?

they brought up the forged letters too - they are just going to blurt out anything they can until they finally get a contempt charge slapped on them

You are NOT going to burst my bubble, are you?
This means it will NOT be admitted, correct?

I don't know if there's a law in Arizona that illegally obtained evidence must be excluded. I don't think so because there was no motion to exclude it that I know of, and I would expect there to be one and a ruling if the prosecution could have it excluded.

they brought up the forged letters too - they are just going to blurt out anything they can until they finally get a contempt charge slapped on them

That was in a hearing before the judge though. They brought up the phone sex tape, in detail, during opening statements to the jury. These tapes have not been excluded.

Thank you. I really did not want to read a psychiatry manual. That said, I did it anyway, at 3 AM mind you, and I never saw the term cluster B.

Can anyone just give me the short version of what cluster B stands for?
Much appreciated!

Personality disorders: narcissistic personality disorder, borderline personality disorder, antisocial personality disorder (and histrionic personality disorder, I think)

:grouphug: katie, I see you as I did Tulessa during the Caylee trial. Good Karma right now with this awful experience you have had can now possibly help others. If that is meant to be, do the best and put them as priority as you have so much to offer and seem so very passionate.

My comments were sent out of caring for the family, so apology for having to make you reflect, but karma works on mysterious ways, and you dear deserve very good Karma to pass forward to others, in whatever venue you choose.

A. I never not once mentioned this site tom their VA. She is not a member here and I am not their advocate. I am not even sharing with you all all that I know privately about this family. I stand by all my personal posts.

B. I will never under any circumstances mention any association with Websleuths. I never uttered that word out loud to anyone, any trial watcher any journalist I spoke to. It was an innocent mistake born of good intentions. No good deed goes unpunished and I know all too well about message board insanity.

C. Never ever did I suggest to the family or advocate that they read here. It never occurred to me. Maybe I should have been more proactive on this but wasn't. I apologize for the discomfort this has caused. If I could remove that comment i would. It was one small comment in a long sentiment about my relating to their situation and offering my support.

I'll tell who wished they hadn't read this forum today. Me.

I'm giving this thought over the weekend. I will be at trial 3 days next week but not sure if I will post about it. This disturbs me.

I have not seen the defense trash TA yet. I have not been able to see all the court proceedings. I think the witnesses for the defence seem to help the prosecution. All I have heard is that TA had sex, blah, blah...but IMHO..that is not trashing him...Who trashed him in court and what did they say? I don't pay no mind to Nancy Gracy or the dinosaur Jean..whatever her name is...I just have not heard of any trashing of TA.

MOO
You may not see it that way, and that's ok. :)
IMHO opening statements presented by Jennifer Willmott trashed the victim.

Personality disorders: narcissistic personality disorder, borderline personality disorder, antisocial personality disorder (and histrionic personality disorder, I think)

Thank you. :)
Yep, I would say she has them!

That was in a hearing before the judge though. They brought up the phone sex tape, in detail, during opening statements to the jury. These tapes have not been excluded.

what are the rules that lets things brought up in opening statements - i have seen cases where the defense attys say what they will play and here testimony, yet none of it actually never gets presented n court?

The defense’s version of Jodi’s life with Mr. Brewer varies considerably from what Mr. Brewer stated. Mr. Brewer stated that Jodi moved out of his bedroom after the purchase of her breast implants because she was saving herself for her future husband. The defense's version is that they mutually ended their relationship. The defense also didn't mention that Jodi soaked Mr. Brewer for approx. $5000 in rent while she lived in his home for free.

The discrepancies in the defense's version of Jodi's and Travis' relationship are too numerous to type. I find it very interesting that in the defense's version, Jodi was continually breaking up with Travis, but Travis always pursued her.

One conspicuous void in the defense opening statement is absolutely no mention of the gun or where it came from or why Jodi had it - no mention that he was shot at all.

what are the rules that lets things brought up in opening statements - i have seen cases where the defense attys say what they will play and here testimony, yet none of it actually never gets presented n court?

I think it's pretty wide open unless there's been a previous ruling excluding evidence or ruling that a topic can't be mentioned.

Originally Posted by Sulamith
I have not seen the defense trash TA yet. I have not been able to see all the court proceedings. I think the witnesses for the defence seem to help the prosecution. All I have heard is that TA had sex, blah, blah...but IMHO..that is not trashing him...Who trashed him in court and what did they say? I don't pay no mind to Nancy Gracy or the dinosaur Jean..whatever her name is...I just have not heard of any trashing of TA

MOO
You may not see it that way, and that's ok. :)
IMHO opening statements presented by Jennifer Willmott trashed the victim.

Like I said, I have not been able to see the whole trial. I will have to look on YouTube and see JW's opening statements.

I had to take some breaks here and there because it was so nauseating. I really wanted to have every word to refer to though to compare to the so-called evidence they're presenting.

Excellent job! Thank you!!!

PS This is my fav part: In fact, behind the smiles in these photographs there was a whole nother (she really said “a whole nother”) :floorlaugh:

I regret that decision now. I apologize and I will never mention this site to one other person at the trial. I may reconsider posting here now. If i take my postings elsewhere i will definitely let you all know. Again I never suggested they read here and I probably should have mentioned just "hundreds of people". I do know if they wanted to search on where people were discussing their case they would easily find web sleuths. It's not hard to find. As is Facebook or other forums that discuss trials. I never considered including you all in my simple sentiment of support would create such fallout or panic.

I definitely will reconsider what I say now and where I say it. I will be way more cautious now.

Katie, I keep readiing everyone's thoughts of panic. I believe the family would know 90 percent of us support them totally. And they hear about the other ten percent anyway (I.e., defense team and Jodi's family). I do not yet know how to send you a private message so please do update me about court hearings. Thank you!

I think it's pretty wide open unless there's been a previous ruling excluding evidence or ruling that a topic can't be mentioned.

I just do not think I can even stomach her voice long enough to ever hear her with Travis in that way. :furious:

Thanks so much for the transcript of lies. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member