Trial break: The State vs Jodi Arias; trial resumes 4 February 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
Self Defense = Shoot and Run

Enraged Anger Moment = Add 29 deep stab wounds

I, too, have a question. IF this jury finds she acted in self defense (and recent history shows that not all juries are able to review all the evidence presented and add 2 and 2) does she then walk? Is that even a possibility? Butcher another human being and actually get away with it?

I don't think it is duct tape we are seeing. Has anyone seen a digital copy of the pic in question? I believe we having been looking at a screen shot of a pic which is not as high quality as we've seen in some pics. Rather than duct tape it looks like a small slightly blue looking tube of something? I dunno

The pics of Travis in the shower where it appears his arm is irritated could be a case of farmers tan. Arizona in June? You get sun burned walking to your car in the AM.

I took another good look at the pic of TA on the bed (arm up, and looking back at the camera). It definitely looks like duct tape around his arm to me, but the quality of the picture is not that great so I could be wrong. MOO.

I, too, have a question. IF this jury finds she acted in self defense (and recent history shows that not all juries are able to review all the evidence presented and add 2 and 2) does she then walk? Is that even a possibility? Butcher another human being and actually get away with it?
If she was found not guilty because of self defense, she would walk. She would not be able to be charged again for his death (double jeopardy), and she might even be immune to civil liability depending on Arizona's laws (the family may not even be able to sue her for damages).

The answer to your actual question is yes, she would walk. It would be considered justifiable homicide. (Right guys?)
That said, I just can NOT believe she will walk.

The answer to your actual question is yes, she would walk. It would be considered justifiable homicide. (Right guys?)

I think at worst, the jury will recommend murder 2. I can't see that happening at this juncture because of the amount of evidence stacked against her. :twocents:

I agree; however, I remember sitting through the CA verdict...to say I was stunned would be an understatement!

I think at worst, the jury will recommend murder 2. I can't see that happening at this juncture because of the amount of evidence stacked against her. :twocents:

Would that also mean she would walk though? Depending on the length of sentence, and taking into account the amount of time she has already served....................oh, I can't think that.

[ame="http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50137943n"]The Stranger Beside Me - 48 Hours - CBS News[/ame]

I am watching this 48 hours (brian stuart case) and our guy Juan Martinez was the prosecutor and is in this video!

(and I just saw the SEAL)

oh.. and he takes the stand in this case (good to see Juan in action!)

I agree; however, I remember sitting through the CA verdict...to say I was stunned would be an understatement!

I know a lot may disagree with me, but this is an entirely different beast from the CA trial. There was a ton of circumstantial evidence, but not a lot of substance. Here, we have a girl that admitted to killing a guy. We have the killing itself. We have a history of weird behavior from her, we have a lot more things that definitively tie her to the crime.

If anything's comparable, it would be the OJ case. And I don't think we'll see the same... overtones with this as we did with that. :twocents:

Would that also mean she would walk though? Depending on the length of sentence, and taking into account the amount of time she has already served....................oh, I can't think that.

What are the possibilities? Self defense, murder 2, manslaughter...what possibilities are there and what sentences do they hold?

I think one of the throw pillows just may be missing as there were none collected from the scene as far a I am aware.

If one of the throw pillows pictured in the bedroom were used to muffle the shot, she must have shot through the edge of the pillow near the cording and tassel since pieces were found in the bedroom and on the stair. I haven't seen any pillow stuffing in any of the evidence photos. The piece of cording on the stairs may have fallen as she carried it down the stairs.

Those throw pillows look almost exactly like some I owned a few years ago. They came with a chase lounge and love seat. Mine were stuffed with shredded foam. I know this because I had a 8 month old puppy at the time that totally destroy them.

I know a lot may disagree with me, but this is an entirely different beast from the CA trial. There was a ton of circumstantial evidence, but not a lot of substance. Here, we have a girl that admitted to killing a guy. We have the killing itself. We have a history of weird behavior from her, we have a lot more things that definitively tie her to the crime.

If anything's comparable, it would be the OJ case. And I don't think we'll see the same... overtones with this as we did with that. :twocents:

For myself, it is the unpredictability of jurors that makes it comparable to an unbelievable verdict.

I agree. The only thing they have in common is that they are murder trials starring cute chicks.

I am insanely curious to know the conversations between JA and her attorneys.
Does anyone think she tells them the truth?

I say this in all seriousness: Does she know how to tell the truth?

Habitual lying is just what it sounds like.... Just as many people automatically try to always tell the truth, habitual liars find it easier to just lie. And I think with Jodi, lying has become near-automatic with her. I don't think she is truly able to stop. JMO, please.

I think she was insanely jealous that he was taking another woman to one of their one thousand places.

Cancun is not one of the thousand places.

But I am sure she was mad! As in angry and cray cray

I've been reading some comments from people who knew Jodi previously (high school teacher, Darryl Brewer, and even the Freeman duo). For the most part, it seems Jodi had some issues before Travis, little things here and there like some emotional or angry outbursts and school issues, but no one was ever really scared of her, and there were apparently people who were able to have long term relationships with her.

While she didn't have an impressive resume, it seems she did work hard for a time and contributed her share towards financial obligations with Darryl. We have not heard of a long history of pathological lying (like a certain other acquitted murderess)

No one really has had bad things to say about her until she got involved with Travis. She got into financial trouble right before she hooked up with Travis, and around that time she seemed to experience a great deal of instability in her personal life -- moving around a bunch, changing religions, changing jobs, and then of course the obsessive/desperate behavior she displayed towards Travis, ultimately taking his life in such a brutal manner.

I'm included in those who have called her a psychopath, and she has definitely exhibited those behaviors in her actions and police interviews and demeanor. But all of that seems to dovetail around a particular time in her life when she was experiencing turmoil and chaos basically in every aspect of her life, and not before.

So, here's my latest pondering about Ms. Arias -- and I don't know everything that creates these psychological abnormalities in a person, so I would love to hear from the experts out there -- could it be that Jodi was fairly normal and able to function pretty well most of her life, perhaps with some latent issues that were well controlled until she started experiencing several stressors all at once?

In other words, it wasn't just that Jodi went psycho on Travis because she's disordered and this is the way her personality is arranged. Maybe it was a combination of all these stressors and chaos ...no place to call home, no job stability or financial security, the ending of an important relationship to her and frustration/shame of being rejected, separation from her new church identity and peers. Everything in her life was in upheaval at that time .. and I mean everything. Don't get me wrong, that is no one's doing but her own, and I'm not expressing any sympathy here -- just observing that everything that had any meaning to her she screwed up and lost. And she probably blamed Travis for all of it.

In that light, maybe she wasn't a psychopath or pervasively disordered as we have all assumed all along. Maybe it was the totality of everything, and because of these latent issues that she had been able to control before then, she just lost any ability to cope and took her rage and frustration out on Travis because she blamed him for all of her losses. When I think about it like this, it starts to make a little more sense why she would do something so self destructive that would almost certainly end badly for her -- she didn't really care because she thought her life was a big nothing anyway. It wouldn't surprise me if she had contemplated killing herself as well. While she went through the motions of disguising her actions and covering her tracks, she did not put a whole lot of intelligent thought into it IMO because she didn't really care that much what happened to her; that was not nearly as important as relieving herself of the source of her pain, as she perceived it.

I agree. As one of the MANY who felt betrayed by the verdict in the Casey Anthony trial, I am well aware of the fact that what seems so obvious to us may be interpreted much differently by a jury. What strikes me with this case though is the amount of direct evidence they have against the defendant. The time stamped pictures that put her at the scene of the crime, her confession to her lawyers that, yes, she did it, the blood and fingerprint evidence (palm print). Those things cannot be explained away.

Put that direct evidence together with the strong evidence of premeditation - the gas cans, dying her hair, the stolen gun, the phone calls she made to TA that went to voice mail, phone turned off for the entire time she was in Arizona, setting up the new BF as an alibi.

Then factor in her ever-changing stories and lack of believability, and I don't think the jury could come to any other conclusion than that she is guilty of first degree murder.

What we have seen so far from the defense does not even begin to show any evidence of self defense. I can't imagine they have some ace up their sleeve that is going to convince the jury to come back with a conviction of second degree murder, or an out and out acquittal. She is toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurumsal