trial day 31: the defense continues it's case in chief #87

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone catch Willmott or this <modsnip> "expert", say GOAL at this mornings testimony. It was when they were arguing what exhibits should be coming in. Before the jury came in. JA's entire testibologny was based on this experts upcoming testimony. They have made a mockery out of the court process and justice. It's appalling.

Is the jury supposed to forget that Jodi adamantly denied on the stand a history with a psychologist beyond a visit or two and outright denied having any formal diagnoses?
I'm really surprised that JM hasn't objected based on that fact alone. The juror's must be scratching their heads?

:waitasec:

Does anyone remember when she answered that question? I'd love to find it!

So, even if she doesn't remember it, a shooting, 28 stab wounds and a slit throat is not self defense. What does Arizona do? The pink needle or the toasty chair?

In the Grand Canyon State we have two choices: the needle or the gas chamber. It's up to the convict to choose. So far the needle seems to be the most popular.
In the past two years, executions have picked up the pace here in AZ.

I went into the pizza shop and the signal cut out. Is it just a break or is it a wrap until Monday?

What's wrong with bartering sex therapy for dental services? I'm sure there's a reason, but I don't see the problem. Testifying in court as an expert witness for the dentist is something else.

It is against the rules for the licensing board/commission

I would bet that the esteemed Dr. Samuel has never been paid to testify for the State ... any state ...

So .. . . just a question . . . . where is this Dr. going? . . . . Is he saying that JA acquired PTSD after shooting TA in the head, stabbing him 29 times, and nearly decapitating him on June 4th?

He testified that even the perpetrators of violent acts (ie: police officers in the line of duty) develop PTSD.

So JA gave herself PTsd?

What's wrong with bartering sex therapy for dental services? I'm sure there's a reason, but I don't see the problem. Testifying in court as an expert witness for the dentist is something else.

It's a big no-no, considered unethical and can cause your license to be revoked.

my dad was an old time doctor----a GP who made house calls, etc. he bartered for a lot of things. he delivered 5 babies for our dentist, who took care of all of us for free. stuff like that. i don't see how that's a horrible thing to do.

What's up with Wilmott gnawing on her lips like she missed her last 6 meals?

So, even if she doesn't remember it, a shooting, 28 stab wounds and a slit throat is not self defense. What does Arizona do? The pink needle or the toasty chair?

Most likely she will go into a stress related fog as she does the "Dead (wo)Man Walking". Her brain can then be dissected and analyzed by the Defense experts to make their testimony more credible.

Acute Stress Disorder is when someone is in acute stress!! Really!!

How much do you think this expert gets paid and is it by the hour or what?

I have a question for Dr. Samuels. When one shoots an individual in the head and the bullet lodges would that be considered a traumatic stress situation and if so would that cause memory loss? GMAB

This is from Dr. Bruce Perry, a psychiatrist who does a lot of research regarding, and work with, children and trauma. He treated several of the children who were let out of the Branch Davidian compound during the whole thing that happened with the ATF.

I love this guy. He knows so much about trauma and although he works primarily with kids, his knowledge about trauma and memory applies to everyone.

It seems to contradict what Dr. Samuels is saying:

Effects of Trauma on Children: Perry 6
www.ChildTrauma.org
EMOTIONAL MEMORY AND PHYSIOLOGICAL HYPERAROUSAL
Unfortunately, as this event plays itself out again and again in the mind of the child, not only
will the thoughts of the event be recalled, the emotions and feelings (fear, anxiety, pain) of
being out of control and threatened will be re-experienced as well. Each intrusive thought,
nightmare and re-enactment in play also re-evokes the emotional or affective memory of
being in the midst of the threatening event.
B.D.Perry, MD,PhD

Cortex:
Cognitive Memory

Limbic:
Emotional Memory

Midbrain/Cerebellum:
Motor-Vestibular Memory

Brainstem:
State Memory

Trauma and Memory: One of the key functions of nervous tissue is to store information. All areas of the brain store information related to the functions they mediate. The cortex stores
cognitive information &#8211; names, faces, facts. The limbic system can store emotional information
&#8211; fear, pleasure, sadness. Motor-vestibular memories such as typing, playing the piano or riding
a bike are stored in other parts of the brain. In the brainstem, the anxiety or arousal states
associated with a traumatic event can be stored. The symptoms of PTSD are stored throughout
the brain in these various systems and areas. Re-exposure to cues associated with the trauma
(e.g., sights, sounds, and smells) can elicit these stored &#8220;memories&#8221; and result in the signs and
symptoms of PTSD.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&ved=0CEIQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mentalhealthconnection.org%2Fpdfs%2Fperry-handout-effects-of-trauma.pdf&ei=xUtCUZS8GOW6yAGlh4HAAw&usg=AFQjCNHPze127mwz4skaKKKsTWZMFdozZg&bvm=bv.43287494,d.aWc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member