trial day 37: the defense continues its case in chief #109

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was JA's response?

And would you believe it if it came from JA?

I seem to recall that there was an objection to that question. Was it sustained?

She lied & said that she told ALV it was photographs & that she never told her the computer. Juan said "So I guess if ALV says you did, she's wrong?"

I don't know what day that was & I don't remember the objection or what happened with it

I know what you mean, it's a scary, mind-numbing type feeling. On reading your post it brought to mind something M. Scott Peck writes in his book People of the Lie.
"

Travis tried to escape the evil presence, but it destroyed him instead. :cry:

So true!
And "People of the Lie" is an excellent read!

New thread for today is open! Move on over:

:thewave:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=203359"]trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #110 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I've given up trying to figure out JA's mind, but ALV's SHOULD be easier. But it's not.
Why would she risk a long, outstanding career, and her reputation of exemplarily help to those in need to testify on behalf of this piece of carp?
She's had enough experience with DV victims to know Arias is not among them - so.........why? I don't get it.
Any ideas?

maybe she need a therapist. idk :twocents:

BTW, are they going to have lunch at the same dang time today? The jurors, that is? They really will get started at 11am and can't make it past an hour. How about a shortened lunch? Common judge.

I felt silly even asking and now I feel sillier! :blushing: Back to lurking. :lurk:
angell - You shouldn't feel silly at all! It was much discussed here and many other people were curious and confused about what it was as well.
Stick around!

: )

I just can't see that. She has devoted her entire life to her cause, and I'm sure she's rightfully proud of it. This flies in the face of all the good works she has done - I don't believe she'd turn her back on that work simply for money.
Yet, her experience MUST tell her Arias is not a DV victim. uggg

I know what you are struggling with, but she is coming to the end of that career. There are bright and recently educated advocates taking her place, plus she must find her work load tiring nowadays. I felt she was lagging by the end of yesterday's testimony.

So, I don't think she feels she is turning her back on previous good deeds, but handing over to the new school, and going out with a bang, and a huge deposit to her bank account. :twocents:

I believe that she has NOT talked to Jodi, but has be fully and thoroughly briefed on the entire case and every detail surrounding it, including TA family history, as we heard her refer to them yesterday.

This way, JM can't bust them for that.

She still is not relevant as any "EXPERT".

she must have met her,how else could she tell ALV that travis had little boy photos on his computer? :waitasec:

She lied & said that she told ALV it was photographs & that she never told her the computer. Juan said "So I guess if ALV says you did, she's wrong?"

I don't know what day that was & I don't remember the objection or what happened with it

Here's what HLN reported, in part, in February:

"During her opening statement, Jennifer Willmott said that Alexander told Arias she sounded like a 12-year-old having an orgasm for the first time when they had phone sex. Defense attorney Kirk Nurmi has also mentioned that Alexander liked Arias’ hair in pigtails.

The transcript from the closed-door hearing Thursday indicates Arias says she saw Travis masturbating to images of the young males on his computer and pictures sprawled out on his bed.

During the hearing, Arias’ defense attorneys called clinical psychologist Alyce LaViolette to the stand. LaViolette said Arias told her catching Alexander masturbating to young males, “triggered the first really violent episode, physical episode, between the two of them.”"

BBM

I'm going back through the trial videos now...

Travis' siblings are bastions of strength. 2 weeks after Mum-Mum's funeral, they were face to face with the trial of his murderer. They have to listen to lies, watch the little criminal pout and play the wide eyed VICTIM role while the slaughter of their brother is being described in excruciating detail.

Their restraint is phenomenal.

I felt silly even asking and now I feel sillier! :blushing: Back to lurking. :lurk:

How do you think we all knew it was a pen? BECAUSE WE ASKED!! :floorlaugh:

You're no sillier than the rest of us!

IMO, he should do it now and make his son proud. He is a wimp.

hmm Maybe he is waiting for her to be convicted. I mean, if she is found innocent and gets out of jail..... she killed one man who betrayed her so maybe he is afraid of her?

I mean how chilling would it be if you found out the last guy or girl you dated murdered their boy/girfriend as viciously as she murdered Travis. He is probably having nightmares about her.

Once she is convicted for life or death and 5 or 10 years go by, I think he will tell us some shocking stories about her. :what:

Anyone who spent more than 3 years in a relationship with JA probably had significant issues - if not before meeting her, then definitely after. On the stand his demeanor seemed very depressed, low energy, etc. He seemed like an extremely passive person. Jodi was probably able to control him very easily. Travis had a vibrant, ambitious, driven personality - totally the opposite of the Daryl we saw. Jodi could not dominate Travis and it drove her bonkers.

The prosecution pays their experts too.

So that's pretty typical, then?

Would you say that being paid doesn't make a witness "shady"?

I don't even know what kind of law you practice, Minor4th, or if you use experts, but you answered my first post and I have really been wondering about this! :seeya:

Travis' siblings are bastions of strength. 2 weeks after Mum-Mum's funeral, they were face to face with the trial of his murderer. They have to listen to lies, watch the little criminal pout and play the wide eyed VICTIM role while the slaughter of their brother is being described in excruciating detail.

Their restraint is phenomenal.

I hope Sam is or becomes a detective. Then when sitting in an interrogation room with a Jodi she can say "Oh, you want to lie, let me tell you what I know about liars......."

Pic just copied from Pam Brewer on Twitter of Travis as a child and his father.. note the Spidey underwear.. (our Gingersnap)
BGYMPKmCQAAoFTm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member