trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #110

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watch HLN: I get annoyed with the whole reasonable doubt thing. There will always be reasonable doubt in any case unless someone was right there to witness it first hand.

REASONABLE doubt is not the same as no doubt.:moo:

Yes, very sad and just yesterday Vinnie had a segment on his 4pm show remembering Travis. 24 hours later he's hosting this BS.

It's obvious the entertainment shows that employ these THs have to have something for everybody. One day they're up, next day they're down. Pure entertainment value. That is it. No real facts. Just TV folks.

I believe the trouble with ALV is not the same kind of arrogance or greed as the “good doctor.” I think her 70’s/80’s belief system is so deeply entrenched in her mind that no amount of evidence to the contrary will sway her. I think she truly believes that all or most women are somehow abused by men in their lives; that no woman would do what Jody has done unless she had been abused. She cannot ever make herself believe otherwise. One of those cases of “don’t let the facts get in the way of your beliefs.” I think she also has no idea how young women’s sexual behavior has changed over the last decade or so, so that many women today are the agressors in relationships. She’s stuck in a time and information warp and nothing will make her change her view. So Juan’s cross examination will just be emotional/verbal abuse of her -- in her view.

I agree with your thoughts. I was quoting ALV's examples and shaking my head all evening. She needs to get out of her comfort zone and mix with today's people.

Oh, poor Sam. HLN said she was listening to the former case (LWOP) for stabbing victim to death, and left crying.
His poor family.

There was never any threat to Jodi personally from Travis in terms of her going along to what he wanted to do. She clearly had an agenda. You don't live with someone for 4 years and the minute you start to have financial problems you head out the door to look in greener pastures. This is what Jodi did. Her actions were to get into another relationship that provided her with security and advancement. Has nothing to do with domestic violence. She had no problem, whatsoever, leaving Darryl and she claims he was good to her. Jodi was done with him the minute he became useless to her. There did not seem to be any working on a resolution to their problems she just put an end to her relationship with Darryl without skipping a beat and went on to her next sexual partner.

Travis having just met Jodi I do not think just burst into her bedroom at the Hughes. I believe he was invited if it ever happened. Also I can't help but think that the Hughes may have some testimony about that night and their thoughts that it never actually happened the way Jodi portrays it. jmo

I totally agree, my point was that the defense is trying to paint her as the victim when their conjecture could apply to the actual victim (TA) so much more easily and accurately.

first question from JM
"have you interviewed with Miss Arias?
"not in person'
How then do you expect to be a witness as to her possible abuse issues?
"oh so? These are general descriptions of cases then?
"Yes'
No more questions..thank you your honor...

aww Samantha became emotional listening to another case where the person plead guilty to murder of stabbing someone to death with a screw driver and received LWOP.

oh JJ got it!

Seals, Seals...all I see is SEALS!

supercute.jpg

Oh seriously? That is just ridiculous. She reminds me of Jackie Peterson a little, is it just me?

It's not just you. It's me too.
Every time I have some feelings of sympathy for her she reminds why I shouldn't.

the Defense is simply doing anything and everything mowing right over the truth and what is right in the name of not having Jodi put to death, even if she deserves it.

that is so far from JUSTICE and what a trial is intended to be...getting at the truth even if it means someone pays the penalty of death.

I just can't figure out how they "as human beings" can justify putting on such theater and ignoring what is right and true. That is what it should be about. Not making up tall stories and nurturing a crazed killer.

I am sure this has been discussed...

But is it possible that the "thing" that made Travis so angry, to send those May 26th texts, because she taped the phone sex and was blackmailing him with it?

I mean, has it been proven that he in fact knew she was taping that call?

I'd assumed it was the stalking, but that's a really interesting thought

I wonder if she gave him some kind of ultimatum

Oh Mah Gawd

‏@ 1m
#JodiArias MOTHER is wearing Domestic Violence Support Ribbon

Is this true??? And Travis' supporters can not wear the blue ribbons???? I am so sick of all the attention given to this killer! Why is this allowed, why is she being presented as a victim why are true victims always forgotten is this what is meant by a fair trial????? Dam, I'm already getting angry!!! I really really hope Juan Martinez gets a chance at this wirness today!

I have to say that I do not think any psychological expert testimony should be allowed in court UNLESS it is based on info from before the crime was committed - like if someone has documented life long psych problems.

There are simply no hard scientific standards for psych evaluations.
There is no scientifically proven method of lie detection; the accuracy of a psych eval is dependent on the honest reporting of the evaluated.

It takes the authority of the court, law, and jury and puts it in the hands of the psychologists. It's wrong on so many levels.

Can someone please tell me what that hearing was about this morning regarding the media?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK