trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to the first part of Alyce's testimony today.

A couple of things:

1. Alyce seems a little uncomfortable testifying about some of these things, and I'm not sure what to make of that

2. Her testimony about Jodi's father making sexually inappropriate comments to Jodi and being manipulative and controlling with Jodi's mother. I am really curious about this family's dynamics because they are so bizarre to me

Man, I bet the Hughes are feeling pretty crappy today. I know they love Travis and are his number one fans but this is the first thing I've heard that sounds really bad. It still doesn't change my mind about Jodi's premeditation but it scrambles my brain.

Just saw a clip of ALV from today... Besides being so ...*nothing*... (not useful, not harmful, not meaningful, not memorable), I'm personally getting a lot of mileage out of her statement that, from her father (why mention *just* her father?), JA learned about loyalty, and how to give up things she might want for herself.

If statements were food, this would be a blob of room-temperature unsalted, un-buttered mashed potato. On a grey plate.

Loyalty, huh? Dropping out and leaving home at 15-16 and being distant ever since... doesn't scream 'loyalty' to me.

Neither does dog kicking.

Neither does taking a 3 day, 3 state, 3,000 mi 4-5 guy (Matt, Darryl, Paul, John Dixon-gallery guy /fell through/, Travis, Ryan...) road trip (which includes butchering an innocent man that you are supposedly overly loyal to? And Travis is the player??)

Neither does her religious 'dabbling'.

And so it goes...

ALV is confused.

Attention Please!

We would like to ask you when referring to Jean Casarez, you not spell it as :nono: "Jinkasaurus" :nono: in future postings.

TIA for your cooperation,
fran
:seeya:

Anyone know what day Mimi's testimony was? I've never been able to find that one on YouTube.

I don't want to presume to know ALV's motives, and I'm not going to assume that money is her only motive, but I have to wonder how a woman who has a decorated career counselling victims of abuse is ignoring all the red flags here. Jodi's behaviours were clearly abusive.

Also to claim that suffering an abusive childhood makes one more likely to abuse is just wrong.. Maybe at some point, experts believed that, but I think it's been disproved a million times over by now.

Maybe she's been brainwashed by the defense, and by Jodi's manipulation, the latter of which I can't blame her for. I'm sure JA is frighteningly persuasive in person. Manipulators often are. We're safe, from a distance, knowing what she's done, but meeting her in person? People like her lie and manipulate SO easily. They know how to twist you into pitying them even when they are ripping you off. I feel like ALV was more innocently sucked in by JA (+the money) but Samuels was enticed by the money, and then sucked in by JA as well (something to which he had a predisposition for, going by his history of crossing boundaries).

Sorry for rambling on :blushing: And have a good weekend, everyone!

Man, I bet the Hughes are feeling pretty crappy today. I know they love Travis and are his number one fans but this is the first thing I've heard that sounds really bad. It still doesn't change my mind about Jodi's premeditation but it scrambles my brain.

Don't let it scramble your brain. This email is taken way out of context.
Mr. Martinez will clear this up.

Just got done watching Jean C from the trial today.

Seriously?

I am kinda on the fence now...Maybe it's not such a great idea for so much of the commentary and opinions to be out there. I don't know.

It's not like Martinez is out there saying "Look at me, I'm a rock star" FTLOG!

I didn't see what <mod snip> said on TV about Juan and the juror and pictures, but I assume she is telling the truth that what she was saying was her opinion of what could
happen, be seen, should a juror see people seeking pics and autographs from the prosecutor in this case.

So is Nurmi gonna produce some kind of video? Of what? A video of what Jink said??

The juror's were questioned about this?

This trial has gone MAD.

I am not even going to finish watching this on youtube. Judging by all the comments here, it will probably piss me off!!

Guess I will watch JVM starting in few minutes. <mod snip>and then see what Dr. D has to say!

See ya later!

I watched a clip on who is running that site and it was very 'insightful'. They live in Pakistan and also ran the Casey Anthony site too. All posts that are not pro Jodi are deleted. I think it was a Youtube clip the other day. :coffeews:
It's true! I saw that yesterday.

Any body remember that old song-Hang Down Your Head Tom Dooly by the Kingston Trio
Well here's my version.

Hang down your head, Jodi Arias
Hang down your head and cry
Your bound to die
I met her in a prison
There I tried to save her life
Met him in his house
Stabbed him with my knife

Hang down your head, Kirk Numri
Your client, is bound to die

This time tomorrow
Reckon where I'll be
Hadn't a-been for Flores
I'd a-been in Tennessee

Poor girl, you're bound to die

This is great! Come on over to the Sidebar thread where I've put all my song parodies - together we'll kick Weird Al Yankovic to the curb!

Here it is: [snip]

I noticed that the site also has a "donation" page. I wonder how many have sent their money to a person in Pakistan?

Not sending to Pakistan, but I am sending to Travis' family and using this stamp from the post office on every single card I send every few days to them.

Justice !

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1364511361219.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1364511361219.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 41
I suspect there is other stuff in the email that the defense does not want the jurors to hear.

That doesn't seem fair at all. If the defense can slip the parts they want in through their testimony, can the prosecution ask to admit all emails? Out of fairness?

After all, if Jodi is innocent, her email should substantiate that

The more I watch this case, the more I am feeling that the judge is compromising justice....
I truly respect her and have held her in high esteem...
But, there are a number of issues that I have....
Ultimately this is her courtroom- and she should take charge...
It is not only the constant tardiness, and her lack of authority on the(judge, may we approach?; or "judge, no speaking objections..."etc.)..
For me, there seems to be such a lack of clear control...at first I was appalled by the gum chewing, pop imbibing , laughing /chatting, utter lack of decorum in the spectators section...
She could have/should have addressed this...
Now we move on to the even more sensitive issues of wearing " support ribbons" in the court room...
She should have exercised her judicial power by disallowing any ribbons (period) to be worn in a courtroom...I know that many people think that victims should be entitled t wear them...and I can only tell you that I was in a position where we were required by the judge to remove our ribbons in front of the jury- no exceptions allowed base on previous appeals- our judge was strict...we followed the advice because we did not in any way want to jeopardize the integrity of the trial process...
Obviously Judge Samuels has been washy washy on this detail and now the worst otco e possible has happened in that the evil perpetrator's family are now also wearing ribbons that the jury are able to see...( total blasphemy in my books)...
I guess that what I am trying to say is that, IMO, justice Stephens is doing a disserviceby not being authoratative enough within her courtroom...
I don't agree with the " no ribbon" policy Per se, but when you look at the integrity of the court system In North America, it is based on an unprejudiced atmosphere , wherein a jury makes a decision free from biases...
By not being strict enough to begin with, I think that Lady Justice has opened the gates for a possible appeal down the road...and IMO, this is reprehensible...
I totally feel for Travis's family and the grief and sorrow they feel and wish them strength and some sort of peace...always

Will the Hughes be on one of the talk shows soon to tell listeners about the emails?

I just woke up from my nap. Did I miss anything important this pm? I saw JC on the stand, was there anything after that? Is JW done boring us to death with her direct? Will Juan start crossing on Tuesday?

Too me, it seems like the witnesses keep forgetting that JA drove 1000 miles to see him after she had moved back to CA two months earlier.. She made the trip. She went to see him. Gosh, I am spitting nails again.

Yep...and I've said it before and I'll say it again, if those HORRIBLE autopsy pictures ALONE don't get her convicted I don't know what will. How could a human do that to another human is beyond me and I'm not a person that is overly emotional and easy to upset, but those pictures are inconceivable to me.

IMO ...sometimes we at WS give the defense too much ammo. I have been guilty of this and work hard at not saying everything I know or see on cases.

We have to realize that the defense teams use WS All The Time ...they get the pulse of what the general public is thinking..they also get photos and ideas. Freedom of speech is definitely alive and well on WS..thank God for that ..please dont give Defense any ideas of what to expect next.

Mr Martinez has got this down to a science..I have Complete Faith in him.

I don't want to presume to know ALV's motives, and I'm not going to assume that money is her only motive, but I have to wonder how a woman who has a decorated career counselling victims of abuse is ignoring all the red flags here. Jodi's behaviours were clearly abusive.

Also to claim that suffering an abusive childhood makes one more likely to abuse is just wrong.. Maybe at some point, experts believed that, but I think it's been disproved a million times over by now.

Maybe she's been brainwashed by the defense, and by Jodi's manipulation, the latter of which I can't blame her for. I'm sure JA is frighteningly persuasive in person. Manipulators often are. We're safe, from a distance, knowing what she's done, but meeting her in person? People like her lie and manipulate SO easily. They know how to twist you into pitying them even when they are ripping you off. I feel like ALV was more innocently sucked in by JA (+the money) but Samuels was enticed by the money, and then sucked in by JA as well (something to which he had a predisposition for, going by his history of crossing boundaries).

Sorry for rambling on :blushing: And have a good weekend, everyone!

I think that is a very reasonable and appropriate question to ask her via her web page. And I just might do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125