trial day 38: the defense continues its case in chief #112

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is everybody okay?
I'm getting weird vibes here tonight.

ETA: Actually....I'm getting weird vibes everywhere....all day. Post full moon maybe....but still.

Hey, Seg...I think I am guilty of some frustration/aggression this evening ...:toastred: :eek:fftobed:
G'night, friends (In my best Nancy Grace voice). JK

Nite!! :facepalm:

Men generally don't report abuse either.

I could not agree with you anymore than I do on this fact. Men are embarrassed to admit that a woman even a small one is abusing them on any level..mentally, emotionally or physically.

For some reason they feel like they should be smart enough or strong enough to not have this happen to them.

Wondering the very same thing?

I honestly have no idea what you're referring to. But take it to the report button on the post in question if you have an issue with a post you think violates the TOS. If one thing is clear it's that issues with posts and posters shouldn't be posted about lol

Minor,
I'm my case, I'm grumbling that a court of law is suppose to seek justice through truth. That is not happening through ALV.
I'm grumbling because someone who is well respected is using her experience and prestige to keep a cold blooded murder from suffering just consequences.
I'm grumbling because Travis's family has to sit through the garbage coming out of this woman's mouth and suffer even more than they already have.
I'm grumbling because Arias murdered Travis in a heinous manner, and I want justice for him.
I have faith in Juan, but the family should not have to wade through this pile of ***** testimony in order to get justice.
Ok - done ranting ......for now. lol

I understand completely. I am probably too desensitized to the nonsense since I deal with it every day - one tends to become cynical.

70's child too. :rocker:

Yes, Jodi has fluid boundaries. I think that was my word o' the day. ;)

Great post BTW :rocker:

Yep, child of the 70s here. We got the belt. I can still hear the snapping of the leather, my father would use as a threat, if we were misbehaving. I remember when I finally got old enough to be grounded and was given the option, for my punishment. I always chose the belt, since it was over quickly and I hated being grounded!

Schools still had corporal punishment, as well. I got the wooden paddle, one time, in the seventh grade. Still can't remember what it was for, but do remember that I never got the paddle again, so must have learned my lesson.

I swatted my children, on their diapered rear-ends. That was very rare, usually reserved for immediate action (like, running out in the street or something dire that needed immediate attention). I don't think of myself as 'anti-spanking'; rather, I believe I have more time and patience to spend disciplining my children, than my parents had.

I don't think spanking should be taken lightly, as it is way to easy to get out of control. Anger mixed with physical action tends to fuel more physical action and feeds the anger.

I don't believe JA was physically abused, nor do I believe she was disciplined very often nor routinely. I see her more 'rageful', than abusive or submissive (characteristics of victims of abuse).

While rage can be abusive, it is more tragic and deadly. Rage is also very immature and normally controlled before adulthood, as we learn to control our emotions.

I think the lack of discipline played a part in JA's rage issues, her maturity issues, and her lack of understanding boundaries. Unfortunately, the lack of discipline isn't criminal and therefore she isn't a victim.

If JA can be seen as a victim, she won't have to face her responsibilities. I don't think she has ever faced any responsibilities nor has she ever been made to. She's been coddled her entire life; ALV and Dr. Sam are still coddling her.

I honestly have no idea what you're referring to. But take it to the report button on the post in question if you have an issue with a post you think violates the TOS. If one thing is clear it's that issues with posts and posters shouldn't be posted about lol

:rocker::eek:fftobed:For realz this time.

Is everybody okay?

ETA: Actually....I'm getting weird vibes everywhere....all day. Post full moon maybe....but still.

Yep wicked weirdness here too!
Is the barometric pressure dropping?

That always makes me "wonky"

Shades of KC maybe?

I think I need to go finish some chores and shake this feeling!

Sparrowivy..thanks so very much for all your hard work. Appreciate you very much.

And Ashley committed suicide a few months later. She shot herself in the head. At a downward angle. No stippling.

I don't think Dustin was questioned in her death. Case closed.

Nothing weird there. :rolleyes:

Not so sure that it is the same Ashley.

What I learned today:

1. Jodi managed to get Katie kicked out of court because Juan has his photo taken with Katie.

She is still manipulative in the courtroom!

The glares she was giving to Juan was like the kiss of death!

Katie got kicked out of court???? :what:

I have been watching/reading all day and did NOT know this!

An ardent champion? Simply constructing a framework in which all males are abusers is not championing women, it's imposing victimhood on them. Her methods are dated and vile. She does not empower women. It's not the 70's anymore jmo

I have not heard her say all males are abusers -- although her niche is working with women victims. Yes, I'd say she's a champion for female DV victims and for those individuals she works with who are truly victims of abuse, she's probably very empowering.

I agree that her gender bias is antiquated and does nothing to raise awareness about all the male victims of abuse ... but that is exactly the kind of expert the defense needs. I don't think it will make a difference with this jury.

She mentions a number of studies in that article that discuss acts of aggression by both sexes, but points out that while some studies show that women engage in a similar number of aggressive acts as do men, the number and extent of injuries is lower.

She also notes "It is important to keep in mind that people on both sides of the debate believe that there are abusive and violent women. They also believe that there are battered men." But she goes on to say "Diffusing energy in an ongoing gender war takes away from the critical task of developing effective prevention and intervention strategies." So she DOES acknowledge the existence of abusive women; it s the EXTENT of the problem that she was addressing.

As to falsifiability, the example you give regarding the possible existence of unicorns seems to indicate that you do not understand the concept. Karl Popper popularized the idea for the sciences and it is now well-accepted. If a theory cannot be falsified, it is generally considered invalid.

Finally, if there is an equal amount of genuine abuse by both men and women, there needs to be some evidence that such is the case. Without such evidence, such a claim is merely an unsupported assertion.

p.s. Jodi was an abusive, manipulative, lying psychopath. So women can be abusive and vile, it is simply more common among men.

Maybe you need to refresh your reading comprehension skills... a claim about a unicorn cannot be disproven, and therefore it would be an unscientific "theory".

I wish my mom only used a wooden spoon lol.She use to chase me down the street flinging her heeled slippers at me ,and always got me!They she would take the paddle that was thick wood once the red ball would snap off and crack it over my rear end! I was born in 59 so this was also the sixties, I went to catholic school for 1 week then it was mutually decided I would be better off in public school.A nun accused me of chewing gum and grabbed my mouth hard to check, I had no gum and I told her she was mean and rude.She promptly got out the ruler and told me to put out my hand and I refused to,she grabbed my hand and got me in the knuckles which hurt a lot. I then made the mistake of taking the ruler away from her and hit her back.It did not go over so well lol.My mom always taught me if anyone hit me,I was to hit them back. LOL.To this day nuns scare me.

I was born in 1961 and back in those days everyone I knew got a good beaten for what ever reason. My mother always chased us down and hit us with the wooden spoon and hard! My brothers and I talk about those war stories of growing up but the difference is we laugh at most of it now.

What I learned today:

1. Jodi managed to get Katie kicked out of court because Juan has his photo taken with Katie.

She is still manipulative in the courtroom!

The glares she was giving to Juan was like the kiss of death!

Where are you getting that from, she didn't get anyone kicked out of court.

I have not heard her say all males are abusers -- although her niche is working with women victims. Yes, I'd say she's a champion for female DV victims and for those individuals she works with who are truly victims of abuse, she's probably very empowering.

I agree that her gender bias is antiquated and does nothing to raise awareness about all the male victims of abuse ... but that is exactly the kind of expert the defense needs. I don't think it will make a difference with this jury.

The only place I have read that all males are abusers is here. By posters who embellish.

MOO

When did it become alright to defend your client by any means necessary? Shouldn't the truth be enough if they are innocent? What makes it okay for the end to justify the means in defending someone on trial?

I mourn for Lady Justice.

:rocker: I getting weird vibes too. My heart was racing this morning when Jean went up on the stand and the whole photo op debacle.

Is everybody okay?

Ok, who ever has that funny video of Arias, please post it. Maybe we all just need a good laugh. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
daydreamin