trial day 42: the defense continues its case in chief #128

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question, I hope it doesn't get lost in the shuffle, this thread moves so fast...

One thing that Martinez brought up was Arias' self image was within a "normal" range. Laviolette kept correcting him by saying "the test was given two years after the fact" she said this a few times, to me implying that Arias could HAVE suffered from low self esteem when with Travis, but has since recovered.

Is it just me, but if someone is a victim of DV... do they really recover that quickly??? I assume that low self esteem goes hand in hand with someone who stays in a violent relationship, but it seems like two years is a quick recovery for something so traumatic in regards to self image. I know YMMV with people, but that just struck me as odd, or am I overthinking it?

I am a DV survivor after 23 yrs and it still affects my life today in some ways!

Thank you so much! My laptop has been overheating so quickly then it just shuts down! So I have been attempting to use my moms IPad (yes my mom is in her 70's and is more technologically advanced then myself lol) and am having great difficulty getting around on this thing! Honestly not trying to be lazy just thankful for the ease of the link! Xoxo

I actually burnt out my laptop fan 2 weeks ago and had to replace it... I had to use my old ipod touch, it was brutal. :(

Perhaps he's visualizing the gaping wound in Travis' throat while the foolish woman rambles on about Jodi being bored in jail? Or, maybe he's thinking about about the contrast of a smiling, happy Travis compared to the bloated, bloody corpse that Jodis' handiwork caused.....while this man hating witness calls Travis a liar and Jodi the victim? I'm amazed that he can be civil to her at all. He's fighting for justice....for Travis. Not to sooth anybodies sensitive feelings! :facepalm:

:rocker::rocker: Amster

My thoughts and feelings exactly. Thank You!

Perhaps he's visualizing the gaping wound in Travis' throat while the foolish woman rambles on about Jodi being bored in jail? Or, maybe he's thinking about about the contrast of a smiling, happy Travis compared to the bloated, bloody corpse that Jodis' handiwork caused.....while this man hating witness calls Travis a liar and Jodi the victim? I'm amazed that he can be civil to her at all. He's fighting for justice....for Travis. Not to sooth anybodies sensitive feelings! :facepalm:

It's doesn't "prove" it no. I guess the chance of them having sex is greater them not. I can explain in more detail my explanation of the pics but it is explicit. PM me if you want.

Exactly! A very strong circumstantial case for them having sex. Lots of evidence.
People go to jail every day based on circumstantial evidence.

Night all. Sleep tight, and don't let the grizzlys bite. Well, if it comes to it, you probably just need to let him do whatever he wants.

Nurmi has clearly done motion after motion regarding Jodie not getting a fair trial. Now today he did another one he sounds worried and desperate. We know Jodie sees these motions and can see clearly the defence is running scared ,but it doesn't seem to face her, evidenced by her confident behaviour in court.
All smiles, staring people down I mean this trial is close to ending.
Shouldn't they be preparing her for the worst? Are they giving her a false sense of security?

Mine over heats, I use a small table top fan and set it off to the side and it keeps it cool and running.

....mine does too. Had to get a lap board with a fan inside. They sell them aat officemax/best buy, etc. It sits under the laptop. The tech who came to my house said everyone with a laptop should have one because they were not made for laps....lol. He said I bet you used it with a blanket/comforter. How'd he know?

:what::what::what: I know I'm from old, but do people really do this. I don't know if I'm behind the times. :floorlaugh:

I noticed you're from Upstate New York. Did you want me to connect you with Brian?
I'm kidding of course. I can't say that NO ONE does this, but I don't and I pray to the Lord above that no one I associate with does this either.
Don't let me discourage you if you want to give it a go though. They say after so many years of Chess, it's nice to spice things up a little.

I have a question, I hope it doesn't get lost in the shuffle, this thread moves so fast...

One thing that Martinez brought up was Arias' self image was within a "normal" range. Laviolette kept correcting him by saying "the test was given two years after the fact" she said this a few times, to me implying that Arias could HAVE suffered from low self esteem when with Travis, but has since recovered.

Is it just me, but if someone is a victim of DV... do they really recover that quickly??? I assume that low self esteem goes hand in hand with someone who stays in a violent relationship, but it seems like two years is a quick recovery for something so traumatic in regards to self image. I know YMMV with people, but that just struck me as odd, or am I overthinking it?
especially when that person is sitting in jail with a capital murder charge hanging over their head. Nothing like a death penalty case to improve your self esteem!!

I noticed you're from Upstate New York. Did you want me to connect you with Brian?
I'm kidding of course. I can't say that NO ONE does this, but I don't and I pray to the Lord above that no one I associate with does this either.
Don't let me discourage you if you want to give it a go though. They say after so many years of Chess, it's nice to spice things up a little.

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Depends on many factors.

One being if you are on meds or not. :twocents:

I'm no professional, but I'm with you. I can honestly say that I believe a few years in jail would LOWER my self esteem, not RAISE it. :twocents:

Look who's talking. How's the grizzly weather? I know you have the bear dog and a couple hundred spares, but still.

fair amount of bear activity on the back 40 (okay...I only have 5 acres but ...) but nothing as up close and personal as the other night...

To be honest...its the crazy wild turkeys that are freaking me out right now. Its like 'Night of the Living Poultry'....all Toms ...they are driving me and the 'guard dog' flocking nuts.....

Sorry for OT....

W e l l, since self esteem is developed mainly in childhood, I do not think it changes rapidly. In addition, it would be most curious indeed to be in prison and find that conducive to feeling good about yourself. Most curious, indeed.

Because ALV has made a mockery of "Domestic Violence". moo

Juan is just rattling her cage to catch her in lies, and his strategy is working. So much so the DT is calling out "Mistrial(s)" to put him in his tracks.

A soft spoken cross would not work because ALV would lead Juan down the rose garden path.

Elle This is so true. Juan needs to act the way he does. How could he otherwise with a person who can't even answer a simple yes or no question with a simple yes or no???? But, I do love rose gardens:blushing:

I don't care about this woman's feelings. I care about justice being served on this heinous creature Jodi arias. I am simply worried he is turning off the jury. If he did that we might lose justice for Travis. That's the ONLY thing I am majorly concerned about. The smallest thing could sway 1 jury member and its over!!!!!! Out the doors like Casey Anthony. I adore Jeff Ashton , but folks have said the jury favored Baez .. God knows why... But Ashton too was passionate about his case and may have appeared cocky at times turning away the jury.??.. I want justice for Travis as much as anyone on here. I was simply freaking out that JM was coming off too abrasive to make his very good points he was trying to make.

Honestly, I think the DT wants out now before the ship sinks.

Nurmi has clearly done motion after motion regarding Jodie not getting a fair trial. Now today he did another one he sounds worried and desperate. We know Jodie sees these motions and can see clearly the defence is running scared ,but it doesn't seem to face her, evidenced by her confident behaviour in court.
All smiles, staring people down I mean this trial is close to ending.
Shouldn't they be preparing her for the worst? Are they giving her a false sense of security?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57