trial day 51: REBUTTAL; #158

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's it for today...I wonder if the next witness wasn't available?

What's going on, no more court today and late start tomorrow? Anybody know what's going on?

Thank you jurors. :) They've got it.

They do.

Y'all, I'm in bed today watching the trial (me sick) and hubby is in living room watching it on HLN. He just came back here and said "I can't believe Nurmi asked that poor girl those sex questions!" and pointed out the fact that there was really no need for KN to use the language he did (like - did he ever ask to blow his WAD in your face?). My husband who usually doesn't get too caught up in these things is in disbelief and disgusted by KN.

Yeah, he really blew it (no pun intended) with that one. Total backfire. The questions about Travis' background were pretty bad too. At least the reaction was. Deanna was a clearly honest, unshakable witness. And she was able to get in a statement that caused the family to just sob with grief which really hurt the defense.

"Good" defense attorneys don't trash someone just for the fun of it.
I STRONGLY disagree.

He's not, just for the fun of it. It's strategic. But it certainly did backfire. However, you have to look at their performance as a whole and as a whole, even though I do not believe they are moral or ethical, strategically, technically, they are doing pretty well. Overall, they understand how to question and how to cross, their objections are solid, even if often groundless, which is to be expected, they know how to lead direct witnesses, they have prepped their psycho witness very well, they are controlling her in-court room behavior (which I know from watching how many other defendants behave), they crafted a good opening statement and their motions are what they are supposed to be and at the times they are supposed to be made.

Again, I dislike them both but because it;s my job, I;m able to see past my revulsion and actually look at what they're doing. And guys, it's good that they are doing okay, that they are "good" attorneys. That means she can't win on appeal based on ineffective assistance. And they could be a hundred times better and it wouldn't change what the outcome is going to be in this case, IMO. Because the evidence is overwhelming in this case.

This is a dream case to litigate for a prosecutor. Really. Because you get the thrill and rush of battle but without so much at risk. There is very little chance this won't be guilty and death, IMO, at this point.

The most the defense can probably achieve may be LWOP, but I don;t know. The facts are pretty horrendous.

Every time Jodi leans over and speaks in JW's when her back is turned to Jodi I expect to see her jump out of her skin..or at least I would.

Maybe it's regarding the surrebuttal and lesser charges motions?

I remember when the prosecution rested its case in chief everyone was saying "Just wait until rebuttal.". For me the rebuttal case has fallen flat. I am not blaming JM. Maybe it is because the judge gave more rights for Jodi than Travis. I was looking for something more. We already knew this was premeditated. Now folks say they cannot wait for the prosecuton's close. After months of the defense bring us to death, I sure hope there is more, for the sake of the jury.

And now, the judge is excusing jury until 1:30 tomorrow?

I hope there will be justice for Travis.

Disagree..hit all the right areas..

I remember when the prosecution rested its case in chief everyone was saying "Just wait until rebuttal.". For me the rebuttal case has fallen flat. I am not blaming JM. Maybe it is because the judge gave more rights for Jodi than Travis. I was looking for something more. We already knew this was premeditated. Now folks say they cannot wait for the prosecuton's close. After months of the defense bring us to death, I sure hope there is more, for the sake of the jury.

And now, the judge is excusing jury until 1:30 tomorrow?

I hope there will be justice for Travis.

I think we watched different trials today. I don't think there was anything flat about today.

s

1m
WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial
Heading back to the office to reclinate. Have a great evening everyone. See you tomorrow. #JodiArias
3m
WildAboutTrial @WildAboutTrial
Evening recess, court wont resume until 1:30 tomorrow. Remember the admonition and such.

I want cafe friend that lent her money to go to mesa because Travis broke up with her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OMG!!!

So we had about ONE stinking hour of testimony this morning, not including sidebars.

And, about 1.5 hours [guessing] this afternoon!

GMAFB!

AND, court wont resume until tomorrow afternoon! :banghead:

Just catching up...what I have learned so far is that Jodi tried to avoid leaving tracks in AZ and that Travis didn't call women sociopathic *advertiser censored* unless it was true. Anything important I missed?

You got it covered!

why did she look so happy? i don't WANT her to be happy!!

I have the feeling closing arguments are coming

Today's rebuttal is one of the finest I've ever seen. Short, to the point and mighty effective.

Just because the Jun4 photos were deleted and 90 were left on the camera, does not prove who deleted them? Right? :please:

Seeing as how there were only the two of them present at the time of the last photos taken, and ONE of the two is shown, bleeding, lying limp on the tile floor, I think it becomes obvious.

Tweets going right now about Juror #7...supposedly JA told JW this was the one who submitted the question for Deanna.

And along with Jean C running her mouth about a juror reaction...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member