Trial day 53: REBUTTAL; #162

Status
Not open for further replies.
That girl knew exactly what she was doing in my opinion. I believe she was never in a fog. But you are right, I wonder how RS would explain it.

She did know exactly what she was doing. It is my belief she never intended any blood to be outside the bathroom. I think she was going to dismember him, pack his suitcase for his trip and keep his camera with those photos forever, And make it look like Travis simply disappeared off the face of the earth. She was going to leave him in pieces in the desert between Arizona and Utah. Her plan was screwed up when Travis attempted to get away and wound up in the hall getting blood all over the carpet. I think she drug him back to shower to dismember him, realized how impossible that was going to be when she couldn't decapitate him, now she has time to reflect and time to see how impossible it was going to be to clean the blood off the carpet. Change of plans. She deletes thephotos, her mementos, throws everything in the wash and leaves. Some people will argue the amount of blood in the hall points to her slashing his throat there, but I have seen finger gashes that hit the right vessel bleed as much. Travis heart is pumping at this time so the 20 some odd other wounds are going to bleed profusely. The only reason she drug him back to shower was to slit his throat in an effort to dismember him and be able to clean up the mess. During the hectic ness of the attack she had yet to notice the amount of blood Travis had left on carpet. She would later realize this and change her plans. Jml

Thanks for the suggestion!! Been feeling a little lost since court ended yesterday and was unsure of what to do with myself till Wednesday. Walking around in a fog... no direction... visiting threads I haven't visited in months... my brain is scrambled (and it's my fog but thanks for helping me to get out). I can't comprehend this, this, what is it? Life?? Life to be lived without the trial? Huh?

Maybe I shall go all out and take this break to get a cosmetic approach to my pelvic region.

Thank You Thank You Thank You
This was the 1st post I saw this morning and I :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Thanks Hopeful One you just started out my day with a great big smile :)

It really doesn't make sense to me that JA shot Travis, gun jammed and then she ran downstairs to get a knife to finish him off. Where was the time for that? Add to that the testimony of the M.E. and the autopsy/crime scene evidence. It's clear that Travis was shot last. I agree, though, that it's not crucial to agree on which came first. Both = premeditation.

I think it's more important for the jurors to realize that Travis did not have a gun. JA brought the 'stolen' gun to Travis' house that day. That's much more important as it goes to show that murder was on her mind back in May.

We had so many theories about Matt and this and that. JM didn't focus on any of that during rebuttal. While it may intellectually stimulating to go through all possibilities and scenarios this case is actually clear-cut. JM will present an astonishingly simple closing argument. This jury will appreciate that.

I do wonder if he'll bring up the magazine articles again and explain what they wree about - what information was given to Martinez that "directly contradicted" what Jodi had been saying for "over a year." I am ASSUMING that it was the lie that Jodi said about Matt McCartney noticing her phantom bruises. But I wonder if Juan will bring it up due to the fact that at least one juror is still remembering/thinking about it since it was in the question to Alyce LaV. that did she know Jodi was sending out messages in the magazines and were they for her?

Does everyone agree that Jodi would have killed Travis no matter what..even if Travis said yes I will take you to Cancun....

IMHO There is too much evidence that shows premeditation to kill him.... It was her plan right from the start right after he sent that text how he was on to her.

Yes. I have no doubt nothing Travis could have said to her that would have changed the out come. She went there to kill him and that was that!

Does everyone agree that Jodi would have killed Travis no matter what..even if Travis said yes I will take you to Cancun....

IMHO There is too much evidence that shows premeditation to kill him.... It was her plan right from the start right after he sent that text how he was on to her.

I'm really not sure. Part of me questions whether she was even going to try to get him to take her to Cancun. She had a LOT of evidence of premeditation, as you said. Why go to all of those lengths if you aren't sure what you're going to do? But, maybe it was 'better safe than sorry'?

For the most part, I think she knew Travis was done with her and she decided he had to die. Cancun or not. Because none of her tricks would work anymore. He was on to her. He saw the real Jodi. She couldn't hide anymore.

It's these little things that we'll probably never know that drive me wacky. :scared:

I still say Matt McCartney knew A LOT more than what went on after the fact. I am surprised he hasn't been put on the stand (especially after the insinuation JM made about him not betraying her, and the whole magazine debacle.) Someone had posted way back on this thread asking what kind of cigarettes MM smokes in regards to the smell of smoke in the car. That kind of flipped a switch in my brain and now I am convinced he had/has more knowledge of what JA was up to and what went down.

When Jodi was arrested, with the 9mm and two knives packed in books....was the car rental in her name, what color if known and did she drive 90 miles again to rent?

Thank You Thank You Thank You
This was the 1st post I saw this morning and I :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Thanks Hopeful One you just started out my day with a great big smile :)

:blowkiss:

I take it a step further- there is nothing that would have stopped her from killing him. God forbid, even if he had consented to marry her, she would have continued the same psycho stalking, jealous behavior. He could innocently talk to another woman and she would have destroyed him in a psychopathic rage.

The only way he could have saved himself was to kill her first. She was a factory defect on a collision course with murder.

I have been trying to get into the juror minds and while getting ready for work this morning I decided they don't care about the sex part of JA and Travis's relationship. When the had questions it never involved the sex part including when they had a chance to ask Deanna questions. The defense ( Nurmi ) tried to make this such a huge issue and I believe the jury could care less about any of that.
I believe they care if JA was abused and if premeditated, the other non sense means nothing to them IMO

I just found this vid -- it was only posted just a couple days ago. Team Travis. Only 92 views, so all WS watch this vid, and share with all TA supporters

Share via social media....Really nice Vid!!

Pass it around, please In Memory Of Travis!!

:twocents:

OMG...that just opened the flood gates for me. The song has special meaning to me and this is so perfect for Travis. When the guilty verdict is read you can bet I will be playing this at top volume. The picture of Travis' arm wrapped around Mr. Martinez was what put me over the top. I wish there was a way for JM to see this. I am sharing it with everyone I know. thanks for sharing it with us.

BBM

:eek: What do you make of that, anything?

It is private property.

If it legally belongs to JA and she wants her mom to have it, I get that.

My own theory is that she was probably planning to use it to kill Thomas Brown.

I believe that while his was likely not the only name on her kill list, it was probably the one at the top.

Heads up- going to create a new thread so be prepared to move in about 15 minutes... I will be back in a bit with the link to the new thread... :seeya:

She did know exactly what she was doing. It is my belief she never intended any blood to be outside the bathroom. I think she was going to dismember him, pack his suitcase for his trip and keep his camera with those photos forever, And make it look like Travis simply disappeared off the face of the earth. She was going to leave him in pieces in the desert between Arizona and Utah. Her plan was screwed up when Travis attempted to get away and wound up in the hall getting blood all over the carpet. I think she drug him back to shower to dismember him, realized how impossible that was going to be when she couldn't decapitate him, now she has time to reflect and time to see how impossible it was going to be to clean the blood off the carpet. Change of plans. She deletes thephotos, her mementos, throws everything in the wash and leaves. Some people will argue the amount of blood in the hall points to her slashing his throat there, but I have seen finger gashes that hit the right vessel bleed as much. Travis heart is pumping at this time so the 20 some odd other wounds are going to bleed profusely. The only reason she drug him back to shower was to slit his throat in an effort to dismember him and be able to clean up the mess. During the hectic ness of the attack she had yet to notice the amount of blood Travis had left on carpet. She would later realize this and change her plans. Jml

I have a feeling it was done at that point because of all the blood there and because she would have been frantic at that point that he might actually be able to get away or that he was about to drag the fight onto the carpet, which was not part of her plan and she wanted the blood to only be contained in the bathroom. Also the picture of her dragging him back where it clearly shows blood flowing in a waterfall fashion (sorry I don't mean to be crude). What really gets me though is that is Wilmott really trying to say that that blood flowing could really be because of the gunshot wound and not the neck?? That is just absurd, if I knew a throat had been slit and there was a gunshot would, I would clearly be able to reason that the blood in that picture is from the throat.

Sometime between January and May 28 of 2008 JA traded in The Law of Attraction for The Law of Distraction.

This enabled her to surprise and murder Travis, attempting alibis and cover-ups in the 'blowback'.

Then, on July 15, 2011, exactly three years to the day following her arrest, JA then swapped out The Law of Distraction, replacing it with The Law of Detraction.

Her defense would be to destroy Travis Alexander yet again, trashing his character and reputation, while inflicting the maximum possible mental and emotional cruelty upon his surviving family and friends, most of whom by this time had utterly rejected her.

Here is the legal document ":deal: in which she memorialized these threats which she has continued to make good on throughout this trial: http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/jodiariasngfile.pdf

:stormingmad::maddening::notgood::mad::furious:

The Law of Destruction.

I have to confess that I don't even want to go the sidebar thread. I want to focus on this case only. I might check out the other thread once the verdict is in.

I am in need of help, huh? I know, I know!

Same here!!! I keep thinking, "Okay, one more post and then I need to do something else." But I'll have another thought or see a post I want to respond to.

And honestly, part of me feels guilty when I do try to distract myself because it gets too emotional. I feel like I should be here for Travis no matter how hard it is. Even though I didn't know him, which probably makes me weird (-er than I already am), but I can't help it.

Yesterday I had heated up my lunch and was about to eat at my desk when trial started. I felt guilty enjoying a meal and I threw it away.

Darlie Routier stabbed her kids with a kitchen knife though and did a fine job :)what:), one stab went all the way through his chest and to the floor. So maybe it just depends on the knife.

Young children are quite different than a 185 lb. man. IIRC, Darlie did not stab them 29 times either.

Sometime between January and May 28 of 2008 JA traded in The Law of Attraction for The Law of Distraction.

This enabled her to surprise and murder Travis, attempting alibis and cover-ups in the 'blowback'.

Then, on July 15, 2011, exactly three years to the day following her arrest, JA then swapped out The Law of Distraction, replacing it with The Law of Detraction.

Her defense would be to destroy Travis Alexander yet again, trashing his character and reputation, while inflicting the maximum possible mental and emotional cruelty upon his surviving family and friends, most of whom by this time had utterly rejected her.

Here is the legal document ":deal: in which she memorialized these threats which she has continued to make good on throughout this trial: http://grahamwinch.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/jodiariasngfile.pdf

:stormingmad::maddening::notgood::mad::furious:

Thank you. So, clearly after Samuels and his self help book arrived and shortly before ALV (August 2011 was it and there had been 6 DV people prior to visit ?).

What Law do you think might be next ? :D

Same here!!! I keep thinking, "Okay, one more post and then I need to do something else." But I'll have another thought or see a post I want to respond to.

And honestly, part of me feels guilty when I do try to distract myself because it gets too emotional. I feel like I should be here for Travis no matter how hard it is. Even though I didn't know him, which probably makes me weird (-er than I already am), but I can't help it.

Yesterday I had heated up my lunch and was about to eat at my desk when trial started. I felt guilty enjoying a meal and I threw it away.

I understand this feeling very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member