TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Prior wants the jury to believe Chad's teachings are not outside of the LDS church; showing MG wants to protect the Church and that is why she is classifying his teachings as outside the church
So like, Prior is trying to make it look like MG and Wood were putting protecting the Church as their priority or interest, not telling the truth and following the law. ?
And Chad wants to show that what he was teaching was consistent with church teachings, so because he was not out of the mainstream, it was not sinister and did not lean toward demonizing people, and therefore not leading to wanting to kill people?

Prosecution better watch this guy. He’s more slimy than a pot of boiled okra. Wouldn’t put it past him slip documents in that they don’t know about.
The State doesn’t want ANY of these messages coming in, that’s why yesterday they filed a Motion hoping the Judge would completely bar defense from even mentioning these, let alone entering them as an exhibit.

I can’t imagine what else is in those messages but to me it seems very much the State has some concern. Trying to bar the defense from even entering them as evidence in the court record, even if the jury does not get to see them, is pretty extreme IMO. If there was “nothing” that would help the defense, I don’t know why they’d be filing multiple times to try and get this all removed before it even gets to a jury.

Wow Melanie just said she was still married to David Warwick. I had understood they were divorced and living in different States.

Melanie knows more than she is saying and Melanie knows both kids were dark. Gosh that meant they had to die and she didn’t contact police! She disgusts me.
Melanie Gibb told Prior that she and David (I have forgotten David's last name) have been married for 3-1/2 years, and that she lives in Arizona, while he is residing in Utah. Prior asked her to confirm that this living arrangement is "by choice" and Melanie acknowledged that it was. She said that they have spent a total of only 10 months living together during the course of their marriage of 3-1/2 years.

Last edited:
So like, Prior is trying to make it look like MG and Wood were putting protecting the Church as their priority or interest, not telling the truth and following the law. ?
Seems like he may be getting towards details of her story changing and when/why.

He’s gotten her to admit her memory isn’t great (she’s said that she said this to law enforcement and still stands by that today), that her memory was better closer to the time of these events, and that there are many details she is no longer sure of or can’t recall.

The State has been fighting very hard to bar the defense from even mentioning these messages, which makes me keep wondering why they have any concern if there’s “nothing” in all the messages. JMOO.

Jeezy. Prior is already making noises about taking "a quick break." They just got back from lunch for Pete's sake! Oh, so now they are taking a break. Judge says they are going to try to wrap it up with the evidence today by 3:15 PM, rather than 3:30 PM. So, it is now 2:15 in Idaho, if I am in the right zone (MT).

Jeezy. Prior is already making noises about taking "a quick break." They just got back from lunch for Pete's sake! Oh, so now they are taking a break. Judge says they are going to try to wrap it up with the evidence today by 3:15 PM, rather than 3:30 PM. So, it is now 2:15 in Idaho, if I am in the right zone (MT).
There was a previously scheduled Show Cause hearing at 3:30, it’s very possible he was asking because the Judge planned to move immediately into that hearing after this testimony. It seems like another quick break, yes, but there was already other matters scheduled for the afternoon.

Can’t stand Prior and thankfully prosecution is on top of him (and yes, why the ultra focus on those texts?!)

That said, MG’s presentation, while no longer smug (like her glamor-lit media interviews), is slippery, victim-y, and lacks credibility, IMO. Like the poster upthread, I’m glad we can offer differing perspectives. If I were on this jury (fat chance, LOL!), her effect would be net zero.

Last edited:
The State doesn’t want ANY of these messages coming in, that’s why yesterday they filed a Motion hoping the Judge would completely bar defense from even mentioning these, let alone entering them as an exhibit.

I can’t imagine what else is in those messages but to me it seems very much the State has some concern. Trying to bar the defense from even entering them as evidence in the court record, even if the jury does not get to see them, is pretty extreme IMO. If there was “nothing” that would help the defense, I don’t know why they’d be filing multiple times to try and get this all removed before it even gets to a jury.
I would think the state would not ever want any thing of the sort to be introduced but the sheer number of those alone makes it easy to look bad.
If the protecting the church thing is what he picked out of them as the worst to hammer on, then ok. But he's not done with the witness yet so who knows what he's got planned. He's a sleazeball. (I'm looking for more synonyms for sleazy and slimy lol)
Melanie Gibb told Prior that she and David (I have forgotten David's last name) have been married for 3-1/2 years, and that she lives in Arizona, while he is residing in Utah. Prior asked her to confirm that this living arrangement is "by choice" and Melanie acknowledged that it was. She said that they have spent a total of only 10 months living together during the course of their marriage of 3-1/2 years.
What is the relevance of this as well? Why does it matter if it is by her choice? Who cares if they live together or in separate states? Its weird to me but it's their business.

Sick. So out respect for of their “belief” system, they stay married. But…don’t spend time together. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'm not sure what hammering on this one text is about.

Is he trying to insuinate that she's lying? That she planned to lie and the prosecutor knew about it?

Because really she hasn't ventured much into actual church territory so much as she's been into Chad/Lori version territory which really isn't the same at all.
Yeah, it seems like he's barking up the wrong tree here, which I think may hurt his case more if he continues to focus on it. So far it seems like MG has been a pretty good witness. She comes across as being authentic - she freely admits her weaknesses (e.g. faulty memory on some things), but still stands by what she has experienced and the things she does know/believe. I'm actually surprised Prior hasn't come out stronger against her in cross as he has some of the other witnesses thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member