TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never said Tylee died from asphyxiation, I said TAMMY did. Go back and read my original post, please. I am aware we don't know Tylee's cause of death, that's why I didn't say one.

MOO
Oh my gosh, you’re right! I am so sorry! I will see if I can amend my couple of posts in this thread. I don’t want to leave any nasty crumbs behind.

I’m watching Nate and a few minutes ago he played the part where JP is asking MG when she first heard CD say TD would die young. I don’t think I’d heard before that he had said it while speaking at a conference before he ever met LVD. But JP seemed quite happy to hear that so I’m guessing he will spin it to say see CD had been talking about TD’s early death for years and nothing happened to her. But I think the Jury might see it more along the lines of CD was making these plans even before he met LVD when JP has been trying so hard to show LVD was to blame for everything.

I’d like to know your thoughts on whether it will help the state or the defense that CD was saying this before meeting LVD.

Also…I still find it unbelievable that no one ever told TD or the Daybell children what CD was saying about this. I thought that when I thought he had just told LVD & the casting group and the Gilberts but even more so if he actually said it during one of his teaching times at a conference. Maybe not so much MG because she never even met TD but some of these people at these meetings knew TD too. How do you go to one of these camp meetings and hear CD say his wife is going to die soon but it’s ok because he’ll have a 2nd life or later see CD running around with some woman at these camps and not talk to TD?

I’d like your thoughts on that as well. If you knew them both, would you have gone to TD? Would you at least have called CD aside and told him if he didn’t talk to TD then you would? Or would you have just kept that knowledge to yourself until after TD is dead and CD is accused of killing her and you can go on someone’s podcast and say you knew it all along?

So Chad had been prophesying for years that Tammy would die young! My heart grieves for Tammy - not only did she have to obey his every word and whim, and also do the lion's share of work in that household, but she probably knew he was unfaithful. I guess it is a blessing (sort of) that she was unaware that he was also plotting her murder.

I’m watching Nate and a few minutes ago he played the part where JP is asking MG when she first heard CD say TD would die young. I don’t think I’d heard before that he had said it while speaking at a conference before he ever met LVD. But JP seemed quite happy to hear that so I’m guessing he will spin it to say see CD had been talking about TD’s early death for years and nothing happened to her. But I think the Jury might see it more along the lines of CD was making these plans even before he met LVD when JP has been trying so hard to show LVD was to blame for everything.

I’d like to know your thoughts on whether it will help the state or the defense that CD was saying this before meeting LVD.

Also…I still find it unbelievable that no one ever told TD or the Daybell children what CD was saying about this. I thought that when I thought he had just told LVD & the casting group and the Gilberts but even more so if he actually said it during one of his teaching times at a conference. Maybe not so much MG because she never even met TD but some of these people at these meetings knew TD too. How do you go to one of these camp meetings and hear CD say his wife is going to die soon but it’s ok because he’ll have a 2nd life or later see CD running around with some woman at these camps and not talk to TD?

I’d like your thoughts on that as well. If you knew them both, would you have gone to TD? Would you at least have called CD aside and told him if he didn’t talk to TD then you would? Or would you have just kept that knowledge to yourself until after TD is dead and CD is accused of killing her and you can go on someone’s podcast and say you knew it all along?
I wonder if he repeatedly told Tammy that? It’s gross either way, since he is NOT a prophet. He was just some jerk trying to find a new wife. Here is the thing. Tammy Daybell did NOT die young. She was murdered. So if anything, people should have told him how gross he is and walked out of his speaking engagements. People that followed him were all nuts anyway.

I thought Lindsay Blake did GREAT today with her direct of MG! Everything went back to CD.

JP is trying to discredit MG but I thought MG came across as authentic (wounded for sure but authentic). I just hope more evidence will come that also supports CD driving the bus.

And ... trust JP to publish his notes inadvertently, to be argumentative, to give "his" narrative and raise issues not in evidence.... I agree JP is doing his best - but I don't think his challenges are persuasive to the jury nor do I find his demeanour appealing at all!!!!

And I think Mr. Ratliff will likely be reported to the Idaho bar after that motion this afternoon .... but I'd love to see the brief filed.
I think a good nights rest will make Ms. Blake and Melanie Gibb ready to take on JP.
I don’t think he will sleep much so maybe he will be dragging tomorrow. After all, he has to get pumped up for MG and I am pretty sure the hearing with the judge brought him pretty low since Mr. Ratliff stated JP made “calls” (plural) to his office. JP needed help but isn’t getting it.

IMO the MG phone call evidence is quite devastating for Chad as she asks point blank where the kids are and he is part of the lie.

Any innocent version for Chad relies on him being deceived by LV about where the kids were. But unless he can introduce some actual evidence of what that deception was - i don't see how there is any evidential foundation for the jury to buy into the idea.

Priors defence is really just wild speculation by counsel unless there is some witness who can create a bare bones foundation for Chad having the wool pulled over his eyes.

IMO the MG phone call evidence is quite devastating for Chad as she asks point blank where the kids are and he is part of the lie.

Any innocent version for Chad relies on him being deceived by LV about where the kids were. But unless he can introduce some actual evidence of what that deception was - i don't see how there is any evidential foundation for the jury to buy into the idea.

Priors defence is really just wild speculation by counsel unless there is some witness who can create a bare bones foundation for Chad having the wool pulled over his eyes.
Yeah, he can't claim no knowledge, he's right there in the call and never corrects or questions Lori at all.

I think a good nights rest will make Ms. Blake and Melanie Gibb ready to take on JP.
I don’t think he will sleep much so maybe he will be dragging tomorrow. After all, he has to get pumped up for MG and I am pretty sure the hearing with the judge brought him pretty low since Mr. Ratliff stated JP made “calls” (plural) to his office. JP needed help but isn’t getting it.
Since Ratliff seems to be DP certified, it's not unusual that JP called him. Perhaps JP is now glad that Ratliff didn't join the defense team.

Last edited:
Friday, April 19th:
*Trial continues (Day 7) (@ 8:30am MT) & Motions Hearing (@ 3:30pm MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) & Tamara “Tammy” Michelle Douglas Daybell (49) (died on Oct. 19, 2019 at her residence in Salem, ID; dob 5/4/70). – *Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 55) arrested (6/9/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & charged (5/26/21) & arraigned (6/9/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4 (for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy, 49, died 10/19/19): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): 1st degree murder. Count 8 & 9: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to 2 different life insurance policies he had on Tammy). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP. (Judge denied removing DP 3/14/24). Fremont County.
Trial began on 4/1/24 with final jury selection & ended on 4/8/24. Jurors: 12 jurors & 6 alternates. [10 men & 8 women]. Jury will be sequestered during deliberations in the guilt phase thru the penalty phase.
Trial began on 4/10/24. (approx. 8 weeks) Court hours are 8:30am to 3pm Monday-Friday. Trial is being held in Ada County.
Judge Steven W. Boyce presiding. Prosecutors: Fremont County Prosecuting Attorney Lindsey Blake, Madison County Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood, Special Attorney General Prosecutor Ingrid Batey & Fremont County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Rocky Wixom & defense attorney John Prior.

Court info from 6/10/20 thru 3/29/24 & Jury Selection Day 1-6 (4/1-4/6/24) & thru 4/9/24 & Trial Day 1-5 (4/10-4/17/24) reference post #192 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell-2.710166/page-10

4/18/24 Thursday, Trial Day 6: State witnesses: FBI Forensic Accountant Michael Douglass returns on stand. [When he was brought into the investigation, he started building a spreadsheet and it got to include around 80 accounts]. Melanie Gibb.
For more info on direct see post #217 (article) here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell-2.710166/page-11

*An Order to Show Cause hearing is scheduled on 4/18/24 @ 3:30pm per Judge Steven Boyce. A motion to delay the trial of Chad Daybell was filed late Friday night but little is known about why it was filed and what is contained in the motion. Terry Ratliff, a lawyer who practices in Mountain Home, filed the motion through the iCourt portal. Wendy Olson, an attorney hired by EastIdahoNews.com last year to argue for camera access during the trial, was served the motion, along with prosecutors & the defense. Judge Boyce instructed the attorneys not to disseminate the motion & on Tuesday, he signed an order sealing it. Boyce temporarily sealed the motion until he’s able to schedule a hearing to determine whether it will remain sealed “and set the substance of the motion for hearing [on 4/18].”
An order to show cause hearing. Prior is at the table with Daybell. At the prosecutors table is attorney Terry Ratliff & another attorney named Mr. Bartlett. Bartlett represents Ratliff. Boyce says Ratliff filed his motion to intervene & continue the trial on the Friday before the trial. Judge Boyce says Mr. Ratliff must explain how his pleading complies with Idaho law rule 11. Boyce is clearly irritated. Judge Boyce is NOT happy with Ratliff for his last minute attempted interjection into this case, which interrupted his staff, the court's & all participants Easter weekend. Plus everything surrounding the motion, poor spelling, poor professionalism, claiming to be the Defense' attorney, etc. Plus he has the audacity to hire an attorney to represent him instead of answering to the judge directly. The Judge is demanding to have the attorney answer to him directly. Judge Boyce is tearing him up! Forgot to add - sanctions - must pay back court expenses for his filing.
For more info on direct see post #304 (article) here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell-2.710166/page-16
Trial continues on Friday, 4/19/24.

Last edited:
Yeah, he can't claim no knowledge, he's right there in the call and never corrects or questions Lori at all.

Yep. So if Lori did somehow trick him as well, he better find some evidence of that - because otherwise it's implausible as hell. He knew they were gone, so he must have believed they were somwhere. So where did he believe they were, if not in a hole in the ground?

Attachments

• Screenshots_2024-04-19-04-25-13.png
    Screenshots_2024-04-19-04-25-13.png
    254.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshots_2024-04-19-04-23-02.png
    Screenshots_2024-04-19-04-23-02.png
    327.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshots_2024-04-19-04-23-53.png
    Screenshots_2024-04-19-04-23-53.png
    311.3 KB · Views: 24
My own opinion is that MG as a witness is like calling a convict (snitch) to help convict someone. She can help sure, but she should have been charged as a conspirator also. So should Melanie Pawlowski. Zero respect from me. They could have saved all those lives.
I also dislike both Melani(e)s for giving up their children and husbands because Chad and Lori told them to. (Melani Gibb even has an autistic son.). Then she married David Warwick and they either divorced or are living separately. Those people should be rounded up and put away for the safety of others. You can’t just kill people because you think you are part of Chad’s 144K. That should have rang a bell for anyone with half a brain.
Yeah. Totally agree with everything you have said here. Melanie Gibb just testified, on cross-exam by John Prior, that she and David Warwick have now been married for 3.5 years. She said that during the course of their marriage they have lived together for 10 months. She lives in Arizona; he resides in Utah. She didn't volunteer "why" that was the situation, but she did acknowledge when asked by Prior that it was "by choice."

What I have noticed SO FAR is how early it seems LVD started preparing for her new life. Seems like Loin Fire launched early in their relationship and she was gung ho to get started. No wonder she got impatient when Chad started dragging his feet.
I agree! In listening to the testimony of Audrey Barattiero (from LVD trial), she stated that Chad had asked her to be Lori's friend -- that Lori needed a friend. He said she needed a friend because he could not [take the time she apparently needed] talk to her all the time and suggested that Audrey might be able to "uplift" [Lori]. That tells me that Lori was the aggressor at the onset of their relationship -- when they initially met. Although the Loin Fires were burning for Chad, too, the "home fire" where his wife Tammy resided was the fire he felt he needed to tend. I think he was conflicted -- at first. But Lori persisted. (IMO!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member