TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry because I am so far behind on this case, but my view is that MG is whacko. Vibrations, etc. She still believes this stuff despite what has transpired. She was a perfect target for Chad and Lori.

They risked losing Boyce’s good will. He was *not* amused.
Yeah, but Boyce was very deliberate in directing his lack of amusement at the dude who made the filing. Boyce actually shut down the attorney when he stated he was called by Prior. I don't think judge Boyce wants to open any door to the accusation that he had any prejudice or ill will towards Prior, because it would be grounds to question a potential conviction. It also could bolster the odds for acquittal if the jury learns anything about it, since one of Priors strategies seems to be playing the underdog.

We may never know. But I think this was a defense ploy. Imagine if jury selection was delayed. That would have been in the news, and the pool of jurors would have been further reduced. Maybe Lori's role would have also been in the news, too, in AZ. All would benefit Prior and his client.

MOO

To keep the record clear, this motion had NO CONNECTION with Prior or the defense (or the state, either). None. There was no claim otherwise. In fact, Ratliff said clearly this was of his doing alone, and Boyce said that he believed 100% that Ratliff had no link. In fact, his lack of any valid connection to the case, and then wasting everyone's time by rushing in to say it needed to be stopped, was the basis for the penalty Boyce imposed on him.

His "issue," whatever it was, was never aired. Boyce essentially told him to shut up and go away, and it's been waste-canned. Expensive (to R) waste of time.
There is no way of knowing that there is no connection.

Boyce held the Ratliff responsible for his own actions, as it should be. But Ratcliffe mentioned Prior. Ratcliffe coukd have been working with Prior. You pointed out how expensive thus was to Ratcliffe. Certainly that stunt had the potential to benefit the defense and no other party.

MOO

When it came to the phone call between Melanie Gibb and LV (where Chad answered the call, handed off the phone to LV, and then remained right there with LV), why didn't we hear the part where LV expressed her suspicion while on the call that Melanie Gibb was recording the call?
[ETA: Or did that play that part in Court and I was not paying attention?]

Last edited:
My question about Prior's "testimonial" questions:

Why is Prior testifying that Chad went to church the morning of the last Sunday that JJ was alive, and why is Prior testifying that Chad showed up for the real estate appointment in his church clothes?

What is he trying to prove (aside from the obvious that Chad went to church)?

MIO

Hoping we will find out who attended the pool party at the Charles trial (assuming Lori insists on pleading not guilty).

But at this point I hope she does.

Also I thought Lori was married to Charles for far longer than like, a year.

Last edited:
I remember there being a question whether pool party was same day CV was killed or the following day. Does anyone know?

ZP said she wanted to check to see if AC was ok after he had shot CV yesterday and he was laying on a pool chair and said he was fine because he didn’t kill CV, he killed a zombie. If pool party was the day after CV was killed then this was at that pool party.

I don’t know who all was there but if it was the day of CV’s murder or day after then I don’t think MG could have been there since she said LVD didn’t tell her for 4 days that CV was dead. Until recently in this thread I had not heard that CD was supposed to have been there either so I’ll keep watching to see if anyone explains how they knew that. I’m very curious about who was there and why we haven’t heard more about it.
WAY back, ,long before LVD trial, on this forum we talked about how we learned of the pool party because it was mentioned by neighbors. My dusty recollection was that it was the evening of the day CV was killed which is why the neighbors recalled this as WEIRD. I personally have always been curious about the “party”: to be a fly on the wall. I didn’t know Chad was there or even in town.

While I don't like Prior's style and I find him extremely irritating, in a recent post I complimented his efforts to represent his client. I think he is putting every effort out there. We need defense attorneys to do their job to the best of their ability. That is the important balance in the justice system.
Thank you for posting here. Your perspective is an important one. And please pass my thanks on to your husband.

Welcome to Websleuths!!
I agree 100%. I find it so annoying when people dump nasty comments on Prior. Such as, he is "a creep"; he is "condescending", etc. In reality, he is just doing his job.

To keep the record clear, this motion had NO CONNECTION with Prior or the defense (or the state, either). None. There was no claim otherwise. In fact, Ratliff said clearly this was of his doing alone, and Boyce said that he believed 100% that Ratliff had no link. In fact, his lack of any valid connection to the case, and then wasting everyone's time by rushing in to say it needed to be stopped, was the basis for the penalty Boyce imposed on him.

His "issue," whatever it was, was never aired. Boyce essentially told him to shut up and go away, and it's been waste-canned. Expensive (to R) waste of time.
It’s funny you say that because Ratliff said Prior had made calls to him. You can hear it loud and clear.

When it came to the phone call between Melanie Gibb and LV (where Chad answered the call, handed off the phone to LV, and then remained right there with LV), why didn't we hear the part where LV expressed her suspicion while on the call that Melanie Gibb was recording the call?
It did.

I agree 100%. I find it so annoying when people dump nasty comments on Prior. Such as, he is "a creep"; he is "condescending", etc. In reality, he is just doing his job.
I believe Prior is trying hard to win this case for CD. It’s just not winnable. Prior knows this. And we don’t know what Prior might try next. Knowing his client faces the DP, I’m sure Prior wanted Chad to plea if the prosecution offered a plea. Chad believes he is right and I don’t believe would accept a plea even if it was offered. So, imo, Prior is doing his best even if it means going out of bounds sometimes.

I think some of the ill will towards Prior came about because he tried to withdraw from the case only a few months before trial despite having previously promised not to do so. I, for one, lost respect for him when he tried that move and it was IMHO just because he was not ready to go to trial after 3 years. Other factors involved as well, like not finding a DP qualified atty to assist him. I feel he is doing a good job for CD but I do not have to admire him after his prior shenanigans in this case.

Great tree! Can you add Laurie’s deceased sister please?
But wait a minute . . . doesn't Laurie have 2 deceased sisters? One of the sisters is Melani Boudreaux Pawlowski's mother who died with Alex Cox in attendance; then, there is another, that we learned about just recently, who died of SIDS (born possibly in 1972?). Janice Cox wrote an article about it that was published in Reader's Digest (pub. between 1972-1974?). But last time I checked, nobody could locate that article.

Last edited:
Well, I think all are true. He is a creep. He is condescending. And he is doing his job.

Being misogynistic, opening the door to conspiracy theories, tying Chad's teachings to main stream LDS, playing the underdog, confusing facts, impeaching witnesses all might be strategies to attempt to get his client acquitted or negotiate the most favorable conviction possible, which is his job.

But he doesn't have to use being a creep or a condescending tone. That is his choice. I don't like it, and he doesn't need my approval. He doesn't need my approval but I'm entitled to my opinion.

MOO

The played it. You were not paying attention

It was claimed in court that at PAP conferences Chad revealed his prediction that Tammy would die young. I can't imagine him bringing up the subject while speaking in front of hundreds of people, many of them strangers to him. At the same time Chad also held private meetings in people's homes. It's far more likely that he mentioned it in that environment (for sure he used it on the women he was interested in). Still, why would his wife be other people's business? Also, somebody who knew her could have easily told Tammy about it. Who exactly did Chad tell that Tammy would die? Only/All his followers? We know that two of them were his neighbors (not next door neighbors).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Engeluc