TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tuesday, April 23rd:
*Trial continues (Day 9) (@ 8:30am MT) & Motions Hearing (@ 3:30pm MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) & Tamara “Tammy” Michelle Douglas Daybell (49) (died on Oct. 19, 2019 at her residence in Salem, ID; dob 5/4/70). – *Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 55) arrested (6/9/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & charged (5/26/21) & arraigned (6/9/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4 (for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy, 49, died 10/19/19): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): 1st degree murder. Count 8 & 9: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to 2 different life insurance policies he had on Tammy). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP. (Judge denied removing DP 3/14/24). Fremont County
Trial began on 4/1/24 with final jury selection & ended on 4/8/24. Jurors: 12 jurors & 6 alternates. [10 men & 8 women]. Jury will be sequestered during deliberations in the guilt phase thru the penalty phase.
Trial began on 4/10/24. (approx. 8 weeks) Court hours are 8:30am to 3pm Monday-Friday. Trial is being held in Ada County.
Judge Steven W. Boyce presiding. Prosecutors: Fremont County Prosecuting Attorney Lindsey Blake, Madison County Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood, Special Attorney General Prosecutor Ingrid Batey & Fremont County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Rocky Wixom & defense attorney John Prior.

Court info from 6/10/20 thru 3/29/24 & Jury Selection Day 1-6 (4/1-4/6/24) & thru 4/9/24 & Trial Day 1-7 (4/10-4/19/24) reference post #479 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell-2.710166/page-24

4/22/24 Monday, Trial Day 8: State witness: Retired FBI Agent Doug Hart & was FBI Supervisor in the case. Hart is currently the Chief Deputy for the Canyon County Sheriff’s Office. Back on direct & cross & re-direct. Sydney Woodbury Shenk, JJ's babysitter in Rexburg (9/18-19/19). Dr. Josh Wilson, JJ's principal at Madison School District in Rexburg. Wynn Hill, who works at BYU-Idaho as a therapist. Before that, he was the dean of students in 2019. Colby Ryan, Lori Vallow’s oldest son. David Warwick [now Melanie Gibb's husband, was contacted by Chad Daybell in around 2015 about writing a book together]. Will be back on stand tomorrow.
For more info on direct see post #517 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell-2.710166/page-26
Trial continues on Tuesday, 4/23/24.

I am so pleased that Heather Daybell did try to get Chad investigated. If she had only thought of it, but not actually done it, she may have really reproached herself. And it's good to know that in this whole awful saga, someone did at least try to stop it.

Chiropractor.
Lots of people are skeptical of chiropractors but it is reasonable to assume he makes decent money and is probably intelligent. I recall seeing recent pictures of him (shared elsewhere) where he was with their sons, looking very happy.

I guess the siren song of past lives as Catherine the Great or whatever is too loud to resist. Family and stability be dam*ed!

Lots of people are skeptical of chiropractors but it is reasonable to assume he makes decent money and is probably intelligent. I recall seeing recent pictures of him (shared elsewhere) where he was with their sons, looking very happy.

I guess the siren song of past lives as Catherine the Great or whatever is too loud to resist. Family and stability be dam*ed!
Agree. There was probably something wrong with Melanie, not the marriage.

I think the skepticism for chiropractors is regional. A chiropractor is some areas is very trusted. The practice in general does not leap to vaccines, medications or other corporate AMA standard operating procedures to treat people. This meshes well with a new-age, wellness type focus that I think the players in this case, good and bad, are inclined toward.

In addition, unlike medical doctors who are tied to huge corporate hospitals, abusive drug companies and, increasingly, mega-practices run like Walmart, they are often sole-proprietors or small partnerships. This appeals to an inclination towards libertarianism or economic freedom I detect in the players in this case.

This inclinations, natural wellness and self-reliance, strike me as pretty common in the heroes, neutrals and criminals in this case.

So what the problem was in the marriage, I imagine was more like the problem in Lori's marriage. Somebody vulnerable, manipulative and vain needed a partner on a supposedly higher spiritual plane.

MOO

DW was much better today than in the previous trial
This man is probably a story on his own. He claims he was a gangsta, bro! Until he found the Jesus that talks directly to his believers. The little I know about him tempts me to mock him, as I just did. But somebody did something to that man that caused him to think he was in gangs, is special in his religiosity, hook up with Melanie, bumble through the consequences of his blindness after JJ's murder. Any normal person would have called children's services or for a wellness check after JJ's murder, based on the information we know. It is plausible there is more to the nightmare/trying to call Lori and Chad story; it might be MORE obvious that the authorities should have been called. Not calling in with concerns likely hurt DW, too, compounding whatever was wrong with DW in the first place. Thus, he was as strong as jello around the time of Lori's trial.

My impression is he is gathering himself together, and is more able to function now, with the passage of time. It seems somebody did something to him, before all this began, but his core survived enough to resist being drawn all the way into the 144, and enough to possibly have prevented Melanie from doing more harm, and helping her do some good. I think he did better because in the intervening year, he has built more on that good core, and healed more of the trauma that preceded JJ's murder and was JJ's murder.

MOO

Do we know what Chad’s church hours were? Church doesn’t last all day. What’s Prior harping on Chad being in church clothes but being with a realtor on Sunday about? Is he saying he couldn’t have done both? What did I miss? I’m confused about why he couldn’t do both. I was at jury duty all day yesterday and am coming in late.

Next up, Brandon Boudreax, ex-husband of LVD's niece Melani, who testified at LVD's trial. My notes from that trial:

2 - BRANDON BOUDREAUX: STATE WITNESS, ex-husb of LVD’s niece (summary 1, audio Apr10)
LE’s initial involvement; attempted shooting from Jeep (Oct 2019)
X-EXAM: questions why MP thought BB was gay, questions BB’s observations of shooting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbifedora