TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m pretty disappointed with Nate’s fill in today. We are an hour and a half into the trial today and she’s only entered an introductory update. I usually read these rather than listening online…
You might need to refresh as she actually is up to date, has been making entries continuously. But the site is wonky and you sometimes need multiple refreshing.

I’m pretty disappointed with Nate’s fill in today. We are an hour and a half into the trial today and she’s only entered an introductory update. I usually read these rather than listening online…

I generally catch up via the site -- all the tweets, posted in order.

I'm really wondering where the prosecution is going with this. So far, it seems so focused on Lori and not Chad at all.

Brandon B. has a very low pitched voice, and sounds like he is always about to cry. Understandable.
I don't think you can talk about Chad without going through the whole thing with Lori. It's all interconnected.

The same question was raised in the Michelle Troconis trial; she was accused of conspiracy to commit murder, among five other charges.

The prosecution had to lay down the foundation for those charges by detailing her presence and actions during the timeframe of the murder of her lover’s wife, Jennifer Farber Dulos, who has never been found.

Some felt the husband, Fotis Dulos (who committed suicide before he could be tried), was on trial instead of Troconis. But the evidence against him was directly tied to, related, and overlapping the evidence against Troconis.

The dots were shown and connected for the jury.

She was found guilty on all charges, given a six million dollar bond, and currently still in custody awaiting her sentencing. [clapping]

I think we’ll get the same result here. CD will be found guilty as charged.

Well, I guess they are still on their break. Then, they'll come back, and it'll be time for lunch. Brandon Boudreaux's testimony has caused him to relive all the terrible things that have happened to him on account of LV, Chad, et al. PTSD-inducing, to say the least!

Last edited:
Lori's cousin Meegan has a theory that Chad and Lori communicated with each other on AVOW long before they first met. This is also supported by the fact that Chad first acquired a burner phone two weeks before they met in person.
This theory was discussed by Meegan on WS yt channel as well as her own.

This is from a webpage purportedly affiliated with the church. It's the answer to a question why Chad and Lori weren't stopped by the church.

Some may wonder how Daybell and Vallow were able to promote such fringe ideas while being members of the church in good standing. The answer is that restriction or withdrawal of church membership is not usually appropriate for cases of fringe beliefs. Membership councils are reserved for serious sins like murder and abuse. Apostasy is a basis for a membership council, but Daybell and Vallow’s beliefs were in a gray area. They publicly promoted fringe beliefs, but church policy is to only hold a membership council for apostasy if the member:
  • Repeatedly acts in clear and deliberate public opposition to the Church, its doctrine, its policies, or its leaders,
  • Persists in teaching as Church doctrine what is not Church doctrine after being corrected by the bishop or stake president, or
  • Shows a pattern of intentionally working to weaken the faith and activity of Church members.
Members of the church have freedom to study and interpret the gospel in eccentric ways. Daybell and Vallow’s teachings were not from a position of authority in the church. And they did not publicly advocate murder or other crimes so far as we know. At the local level where decisions about excommunication are made, Church leaders are volunteers who may not have time to review everything their members are writing and saying.

ETA: The above website was brought up by Lori's cousin Meegan.

Last edited:
Next witness is Ryan Pillar, from Gilbert PD, who also testified in LVD's trial. My notes from that trial:

59 - RYAN PILLAR: STATE WITNESS, Gilbert PD (summary 1, audio May4) - OBJ
Brandon B shooting investigation, life insurance policy - gunshot residue in back of Jeep (2 Oct 2019)

Honestly, I am not sure what BB is doing here, nothing connects him to CD. If anything, it supports that LVD and AC were the crazy ones.

Not seeing the benefit of BB testifying here. Prior will probably pound that home too. BB never even met CD.

Maybe laying a foundation that LVD was in a cult, led by CD, that is where this is going now.

Honestly, I am not sure what BB is doing here, nothing connects him to CD. If anything, it supports that LVD and AC were the crazy ones.

Not seeing the benefit of BB testifying here. Prior will probably pound that home too. BB never even met CD.

Maybe laying a foundation that LVD was in a cult, led by CD, that is where this is going now.
I think that's what they're trying to get at... pointing out that everything was okay within the family until LVD met CD (late 2018). It's only after CD enters the picture that everything started getting weird.

Next witness (#19) is Deputy Colter Cannon from the Fremont Co Sheriff dept, who also testified in LVD's trial. My notes from that trial:

38 - COLTER CANNON: STATE WITNESS, Fremont Co Sheriff deputy (summary 1, audio Apr28)
TD’s “paintball incident” (9 Oct 2019)

The heart of this case is conspiracy and this testimony by BB is extremely helpful and relevant to establish conduct and context for the conspiracy and the co-conspirators. The judge will issue a limiting instruction regarding this evidence to make sure the jury receives it properly. In my opinion, the prosecution would be derelict if they did not fully flesh out the conduct of Lori and Alex as we are seeing here. I personally found BB to be a very powerful witness and his observations and opinions regarding Chad's conduct were very helpful for the prosecution.

Understanding how Alex tried to murder BB and how it fits neatly with the so-called "blessing" from CD that was obviously in response to his efforts should be devastating to CD's defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pakaberry