TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far the jury knows how evil Lori and Alex are. I wonder if the prosecution will prove Chad guilty?
I hate the video of he and Lori dancing in Hawaii. And I know in my heart he killed Tammy. But will they ever prove it?

ETA: Will Prior get away with claiming Alex buried those children on Chads property to frame him?

JP tried to insinuate that, after they barely met, Chad and Lori performed a sealing ceremony at the temple as proxies for James and Elena and not for themselves.

And anyone without the foundation of understanding LDS practices wouldn't really have a clue about the significance of this. That goes into the concept of "proxy baptisms", temple practices. Without the background information about the LDS belief system.

Not sure where JP is going with this...

I think that's what they're trying to get at... pointing out that everything was okay within the family until LVD met CD (late 2018). It's only after CD enters the picture that everything started getting weird.
Things started to get weird after Alex, not just Lori, became ultra religious. He killed or helped/tried to kill 5 people that others told him were zombies.

So far the jury knows how evil Lori and Alex are. I wonder if the prosecution will prove Chad guilty?
I hate the video of he and Lori dancing in Hawaii. And I know in my heart he killed Tammy. But will they ever prove it?

ETA: Will Prior get away with claiming Alex buried those children on Chads property to frame him?
In my opinion this case is all about the many, many tendrils that connect Chad to Lori and Alex. The state need only prove the existence of a conspiracy that Chad was part of to convict him and I don't think the jury is going to have much trouble with it based on the evidence they will hear.

And anyone without the foundation of understanding LDS practices wouldn't really have a clue about the significance of this. That goes into the concept of "proxy baptisms", temple practices. Without the background information about the LDS belief system.

Not sure where JP is going with this...
As I understand it merely from reading about this case, baptisms for the dead are different from sealings between couples. I'm not LDS though, so someone correct me.

Co
In my opinion this case is all about the many, many tendrils that connect Chad to Lori and Alex. The state need only prove the existence of a conspiracy that Chad was part of to convict him and I don't think the jury is going to have much trouble with it based on the evidence they will hear.
i agree but I haven’t heard evidence yet that proves it. I’m glad to know he was part of the conspiracy, actually the leader of it. But Prior seems to be doing a good job in casting doubt. Do you disagree?

Chad doesn't have to be seen pulling the trigger to be found guilty. There's plenty of evidence against him, often his own words. Confirming that there was a plan to "take the children". Death percentages. The raccoon text. Complaining that relatives were obstacles. Saying to his daughter that he wasn't coming back before he was even arrested.

We have already heard plenty of evidence that Chad is the one who deemed people dark and light and gave the ratings. He also named the evil spirits taking over bodies like Ned Schneider for Charles Vallow and Viola for Tammy. That is enough for conspiracy IMHO.

Chad doesn't have to be seen pulling the trigger to be found guilty. There's plenty of evidence against him, often his own words. Confirming that there was a plan to "take the children". Death percentages. The raccoon text. Complaining that relatives were obstacles. Saying to his daughter that he wasn't coming back before he was even arrested.
Gosh I hope they drive these points home. the jury has to be confused right now.

We have already heard plenty of evidence that Chad is the one who deemed people dark and light and gave the ratings. He also named the evil spirits taking over bodies like Ned Schneider for Charles Vallow and Viola for Tammy. That is enough for conspiracy IMHO.
I know these things. i just hope the jury catches on fast.

As I understand it merely from reading about this case, baptisms for the dead are different from sealings between couples. I'm not LDS though, so someone correct me.
The ordinances performed in LDS temples:

- Baptism/Confirmation for the dead - performed by those 12+ for the deceased (usually relatives, ancestors)
- Endowment - an initiatory rite of washing/anointing performed before a mission or marriage, or anytime after high school; is done for yourself the first time and then by proxy for the deceased
- Sealing - married couples can be sealed to each other and their children for eternity; again, it's done for yourself the first time and then by proxy for the deceased
(There's also a highly secretive "Second anointing," but that's very selective/rare and has to be initiated by the leadership.)

So yes, "sealings for the dead" are different than "baptisms for the dead." Since CD (and LVD? not sure on that) were both already sealed to prior spouses, they would have not been able to perform a sealing for themselves, but they could perform one for a deceased married couple. I'm not sure what point Prior was trying to make with the hair-splitting that he was doing on that cross-examination, since the jury has already learned how CD & LVD believed that they were James & Elena, so either way, they were trying to establish themselves in an "eternal marriage"

(I should note that I am not LDS but am a Utahn who has studied the subject in depth)

He had Lauren from Hidden True Crime and Megan Conner, Lori’s cousin on his podcast Saturday, well done. His roster of guests always fascinating, yes he’s critical and honest about it while delving into the ugliest aspects while educating
He also did a podcast a few years ago about Julie Rowe. I think she was mentioned in testimony by both MG and DW. That podcast was the first I heard about the “prepper” movement.

Officially Joe Ryan's death wasn't murder. We can speculate though, which doesn't make it true.
Well we have two serial killers, Lori and Alex. She hated Joe Ryan. Alex tased him and told his own ex wife he would kill him.
That’s all I need.
What do you need to prove Chad helped bury the children in his yard? You can speculate but it doesn’t make it true I guess.
For me, he is guilty if it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member