TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well we have two serial killers, Lori and Alex. She hated Joe Ryan. Alex tased him and told his own ex wife he would kill him.
That’s all I need.
What do you need to prove Chad helped bury the children in his yard? You can speculate but it doesn’t make it true I guess.
For me, he is guilty if it.
Alex told his wife that long before Joe died. There's no proof he was there. Chad sent the raccoon text to Tammy the same morning Tylee was buried in his back yard. He was in the same bed as Tammy when she died.

Eerie to hear Tammie Daybell's voice. She sounded vibrant, alive, well, to me. Ten days before her murder. Concerned about the man in the dark, with a gun...JP reached over and spoke to CD for a minute.

CD, didn't even have a fake tear. Cold. At least Alex Murtagh showed some fake emotion when he was on trial for the murder of his wife and son. CD, just sits there, like a lump.

A commentator on Court TV just made a point, that so far the prosecution is not really hitting any home runs here. And that JP is doing an excellent job so far.

Probably a fair assessment. Colter Cannon, Fremont County Deputy is testifying now, about the interaction with Tammy Daybell.

Co

i agree but I haven’t heard evidence yet that proves it. I’m glad to know he was part of the conspiracy, actually the leader of it. But Prior seems to be doing a good job in casting doubt. Do you disagree?
I do agree that Prior is doing a good job based on the poor hand he has been dealt. However, in my opinion there is just way too much evidence of Chad's involvement in the conspiracy. Alex was, without question, acting as a hit man and was acting for the interests of both Chad and Lori. Chad expressly endorses his "valuable" work in the patriarchal blessing, and he was the person responsible for identifying as "dark" each of the victims Alex murdered or attempted to murder. Chad researched wind direction and texted that he had set a fire in the fire pit and buried a big racoon where Tylee's body was found. His conduct with Lori throughout the final months as well as his behavior when the property was searched shows how deeply he was tied to this murderous and immoral enterprise.

I do agree that Prior is doing a good job based on the poor hand he has been dealt. However, in my opinion there is just way too much evidence of Chad's involvement in the conspiracy. Alex was, without question, acting as a hit man and was acting for the interests of both Chad and Lori. Chad expressly endorses his "valuable" work in the patriarchal blessing, and he was the person responsible for identifying as "dark" each of the victims Alex murdered or attempted to murder. Chad researched wind direction and texted that he had set a fire in the fire pit and buried a big racoon where Tylee's body was found. His conduct with Lori throughout the final months as well as his behavior when the property was searched shows how deeply he was tied to this murderous and immoral enterprise.

Agreed

While the defence is not under a burden to prove anything, if they want to raise a reasonable doubt - a real possibility that Chad was not involved, IMO they need to be able to point to some factual foundation to address your last sentence. We have Chad on video in Hawaii, living it up without the kids. We have him recorded on a phone call with the kids missing, failing to address real concerns in any sensible manner. The only natural and obvious inference is he did it.

For him to be innocent, there has to be some kind of explanation he can point to, about how LV deceived him. Where will that come from? Where did he think the kids were, if not in his yard?

I don't see them raising any real alternative.

Next witness for the State (#20) is Alyssa Greenhalgh, Rexburg PD, who also testified in LVD's trial. My notes from that trial:

41 - ALYSSA GREENHALGH: STATE WITNESS, Rexburg PD (summary 1, audio Apr28)
911 response to TD’s death (19 Oct 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about why CD didn’t call 911 right away; whether TD would have been alive when she fell out of bed (yes); whether CPR was performed (no)

Before Lori's trial, there were some that insisted that the State and the Judge were working together to get Lori off. The prediction was that she would be acquitted. They encouraged Idahoans to rise up and protest what was happening.

Lori was found guilty.

Agreed

While the defence is not under a burden to prove anything, if they want to raise a reasonable doubt - a real possibility that Chad was not involved, IMO they need to be able to point to some factual foundation to address your last sentence. We have Chad on video in Hawaii, living it up without the kids. We have him recorded on a phone call with the kids missing, failing to address real concerns in any sensible manner. The only natural and obvious inference is he did it.

For him to be innocent, there has to be some kind of explanation he can point to, about how LV deceived him. Where will that come from? Where did he think the kids were, if not in his yard?

I don't see them raising any real alternative.
Very well stated. Chad's huge problem here is the fact that Alex Cox's phone showed him traveling to Chad's place at 9 am where he remained until about 11:45 a.m. At 11:53 a.m. Chad texts Tammy and tells her he's had "an interesting morning" that involved burning "limb debris" in the fire pit, shooting a big old racoon and burying its body in the pet cemetery. How the heck does Chad convince the jury that he wasn't involved?

Chad doesn't have to be seen pulling the trigger to be found guilty. There's plenty of evidence against him, often his own words. Confirming that there was a plan to "take the children". Death percentages. The raccoon text. Complaining that relatives were obstacles. Saying to his daughter that he wasn't coming back before he was even arrested.
Yeah. He's toast. And we haven't gotten to witnesses like his family and neighbors, Tammy's coworkers and Zumba instructor...

All that has to be shown us that Chad is part of the trio in conspiracy and that any one of them took an action to further it.

Never say never, juries are the final word. There are surprise acquittals. But, if this isn't a triple conviction, it will be a big surprise.

MOO

A commentator on Court TV just made a point, that so far the prosecution is not really hitting any home runs here. And that JP is doing an excellent job so far.

Probably a fair assessment. Colter Cannon, Fremont County Deputy is testifying now, about the interaction with Tammy Daybell.
They are loading up the bases.

That's all it takes.

MOO

Next witness for the State (#20) is Alyssa Greenhalgh, Rexburg PD, who also testified in LVD's trial. My notes from that trial:

41 - ALYSSA GREENHALGH: STATE WITNESS, Rexburg PD (summary 1, audio Apr28)
911 response to TD’s death (19 Oct 2019)
X-EXAM: asks about why CD didn’t call 911 right away; whether TD would have been alive when she fell out of bed (yes); whether CPR was performed (no)

wnk, your notes from LVD’s trial are great touchstones of what has gone on before. Very valuable. Thank you for posting them here.

Trying to observe CD's body language while the 911 call is being played

- His hands are folded on the table, and he looks down briefly at a few points but otherwise isn't showing much emotion
- JP looks over, watches him for a moment, then places a hand on his shoulder. Immediately, CD's head drops down to his chest, and he shakes his head a few times before looking up again
- As the call ends, CD's chin drops down and he shakes his head again; JP passes him a box of kleenex
- CD takes a kleenex and wipes his eyes. Then he crosses his arms over his chest

Very well stated. Chad's huge problem here is the fact that Alex Cox's phone showed him traveling to Chad's place at 9 am where he remained until about 11:45 a.m. At 11:53 a.m. Chad texts Tammy and tells her he's had "an interesting morning" that involved burning "limb debris" in the fire pit, shooting a big old racoon and burying its body in the pet cemetery. How the heck does Chad convince the jury that he wasn't involved?

Exactly - if he wants to suggest he was the dupe who was framed, he needs to show some evidence he acted consistently with that

I thought when i first saw the video of the pair of them in Hawaii, that surely no one could be so bold as to the murder the kids and have no story about where they could be? Yet here we are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Engeluc