TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the coroner "took one for the team." She knew she was going to get beat up on. No way for her to avoid it given the circumstances. The lack of qualifications of Idaho coroners was a boon for the defense. And Prior is trying to get his licks in and hoping this testimony will overshadow the ME testimony.
I admire her courage and responsibility. It seemed like she wished things had gone differently, but she didn't blame others or run from it.

MOO

Screenshot (340) - Copy.png
Looking at full body pictures of Tammy in the couple years prior to her death. Sure, she probably classifies as what my mom would say is "hippy," but she was in her 40s and had birthed 5 kids. Plus she was clogging and doing Zumba or whatever it is called. What's Chad's excuse for being fat? That is quite the dad bod.

God bless Tammy. She just wanted to play her Farmville and pet ducks.

Let me ask everyone a question,
Do you think Prior's attitude, his aggressive manner in which he questions the prosecution's witnesses, do you think this type of behavior turns off the jury?
I believe it absolutely turns off the jury. They will talk about it in the jury room and they will also remember how often he mis-states prior (ha) testimony.

I don't think he's being effective at all. He's scored points, I guess, versus witnesses and/or events that don't really add that much. So the coroner's initial conclusions were quick and flawed, I don't think that's going to be a big deal when weighed against the ME's eventual testimony.

Sure, it means nothing that Chad was constantly looking over his shoulder at the dig because that's natural - that's useless when weighed against his conversation with Emma from inside the police car which was completely unnatural.

He really came down hard on Powell about the order for exhumation (complaining that the death certificate itself did not suggest an exhumation was necessary while ignoring all the surrounding events). That's a whoop-de-doo when compared to the results of the exhumation.

I could go on...

I don't really know the fine details of this case, but to me the prosecution is putting together a cohesive and logical time-line of events that will eventually show Lori as being a relatively decent if not normal person, mother, wife, church-goer, et cetera who takes a turn after she meets Chad. They're doing well at laying out the subsequent events that lead up to the deaths of the children and Tammy Daybell. Prior's scatter-gun approach - at times hinting at the involvement of others, at times suggesting the police are framing Chad, at times suggesting it was Lori and Alex alone - is coming up terribly ineffective. IMO.

JP is a jerk. He is now bringing up that Tammy was "fat"!!! She didn't look "fat" in any pictures!!!
I remember in Heather Daybell's interview, one of several conflicting accounts Chad gave to her of Tammy's death was she gained weight and died. Heather was like, then you should be dead, too!

I never saw a "fat" image of her. (And fat is no more or less than that. I doubt she was fat, but if she was, that doesn't mean she wasn't murdered! Only petite women are murdered? It's infuriating!)

MOO

PS: I'm a little behind playing catch up today, so sorry my rage is late.

No, I believe that she just went along with whatever CD told her. Sorry, she comes across as impossibly stupid to me.
JP did a great job of making her look completely incompetent and it just solidified that her call for no autopsy was WRONG and that the exhumation later was correct. I don’t think that was quite his intention!
History of Anemia!!!!!

As for "essential oils", I bet that they were Doterra, which was huge several years ago, as an MLM, so many LDS women are into MLM to make extra money. I have several collections of DoTerra, I went to a party, and bought some. It is sort of like a "social" event for women. It is not some weird, outlandish self medical care thing.
Could have been Young Living. Thats big too. Either way, very mainstream and common. Not weird at all. I know a ton of teachers who use them in their classrooms daily.

I missed the last couple witnesses before lunch. I almost turned my boss down for lunch so I could stay and watch—but then I would have had to explain and that would have been weird!

I also don’t like how he was so dismissive in his reference to the temple, basically “I guess it has to do with faith or something.” I’m not even religious, let alone LDS, and I thought it was snotty and rude.

I think he actually is doing a surprisingly good job, given what he has to work with, but I sure don’t like him.

I think it’s him.
I don’t hate all defense lawyers. I hate Brian Kohberger but I like Ann Taylor. Go figure. It’s very much his mannerisms and aggressiveness I think. His voice, since the first time I heard it, has been like nails on a chalkboard.
I think you can also be aggressive and powerful without being snotty and disrespectful, and he’s not doing that. I think he does run the risk of offending the jury. He was needlessly condescending to the long-time school employee, for example.

View attachment 499295
Looking at full body pictures of Tammy in the couple years prior to her death. Sure, she probably classifies as what my mom would say is "hippy," but she was in her 40s and had birthed 5 kids. Plus she was clogging and doing Zumba or whatever it is called. What's Chad's excuse for being fat? That is quite the dad bod.

God bless Tammy. She just wanted to play her Farmville and pet ducks.
Yeah. Chad can't even blame his girth on a beer belly!

Next State witness (#25) is Bruce Mattingly, who was also a witness in LVD's trail. My notes from that:

50 - BRUCE MATTINGLY: STATE WITNESS, Fremont Co Sheriff detective (summary 1, audio May2)
TD medical records, Fitbit - show she was very active & healthy; life insur policies total payout $130k
X-EXAM: reiterates that LVD was in HI when TD died, life insur policy in place for years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happyhen