TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Court TV is making me so mad - they keep calling Brenda Dye the ME on this case instead of the coroner. They are jumping all over how bad she did on the stand.
They got it half right.

I will be so happy when the real ME takes the stand. Also prosecution was soft today. They will get beat if they don’t step up their game. Prior is no pushover. I think they underestimated his desire to win.

Is having large life insurance policies a norm? It didn't seem like the Daybell family had a lot of extra cash to pay for life insurance policies.

I would be interested in the amount of life insurance CD had on him.
It does make sense to have a policy that would make it possible for a surviving spouse to raise children to adulthood. A stay at home parent might be insured for the expected additional day care costs and anticipated future earnings if staying home isn't planned forever, a working spouse for their wages plus 5he extra daycare costs in single parent compared to two-working parent arrangements. (If one starts work early and gets home to make dinner while the other makes breakfast and comes home late, for example, losing one is a bigger $$ loss than the wages.)

My ex an I had to get term policies for each other in case one died, then neither would pay child support or have the partner parent to take kids half the time on school holidays, etc. the planner who insisted on this had a point, either of us would have struggled without child support. (We hadn't considered social security, which would have been a reason to relax a little bit. We were older parents with earning histories.)

MOO

YOU'RE DARN TOOTIN'

However Macy, despite his inherently "disheveled" appearance, is far too good looking to play Chad. Kind of like how Tony Goldwyn had the droning voice down pat but was far too sexy and charismatic to play Warren Jeffs.
And the wood chipper scene. ;) OK back to CD. MOO

I imagine some (if not all) of his children are in the courtroom so he has to show at least a small amount of grief. :mad:
None are there. It is possible some are watching the stream. AFAIK, the audience is either in support of the prosecution as citizens or opinion-commentary media, or neutral media. I don't think there is anyone there in support of the defense.

If John Prior is fairly "testifying" for them, the 5 think Prior is not guilty. I really hope none of them decide to ruin their careers with perjury. It might be that grief is not expected of Chad by his kids, and Chad might not be accustomed to meeting his children's needs. It may have always been all about Chad in "his" house. (Paid for by Tammy.)

MOO

Tammy's Tramadol is a Schedule IV opioid prescription for pain. That medication would show up on the State of Idaho's Prescription Monitoring Program ("PMP"), showing date it was filled, where it was filled (facility/retail store), prescribing medical professional, strength (mg.) and quantity (number of tablets or capsules).
Exactly, and presumably she would have needed to see a doctor to have this prescribed?

Denial is tough and runs so deep with close family members and friends, especially in a case like murder. I had a close relative who committed a violent rape and murder against a beautiful and sweet young woman. Even though I followed enough true crime to know better and abhorred the crime, my mind came up with the most ridiculous reasons to keep my family member innocent. ‘Someone else snuck silently inside the secured and populated house to commit the crime’ or ‘he is going undercover as a murderer into the prisons.’ The old ‘police made up evidence’ ruled for a time.

I eventually heard all the evidence during his trial and came to terms with the fact that this man I had known since birth had in fact committed murder. But the only way I got there 100 percent was hearing the evidence. Many years later, he also confessed to me.

I believe the ‘children’ are in denial and Chad is keeping them there. If they had participated more fully with investigators, they may have seen more of the evidence and been convinced? But it is a really tough sell. They are adults, but still well within their father’s influence as head-of-family. This is a very strong role in LDS culture — please understand no insult is intended toward the LDS religion. I believe they have gotten most of their information about their mother’s death and also the information about Tylee and JJ from Chad and/or his attorney. Since many of them are bound from watching this trial or reading press as defense witnesses, it is possible they know very little real factual information.
Since many of them are bound from watching this trial or reading press as defense witnesses, it is possible they know very little real factual information.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

in one of their tv interviews they claimed when CD married LV, they did not know she had children....they accept CD's explanation for her being jailed "for her children's safety" because as they say "they trusted their dad who trusted LV"...yet, its all over the news in December and his name is in news reports about it, but his kids dont have any concern he never mentioned the children until she was arrested?

and while he is being detained in the police vehicle, his daughter is conversing with him about finances while LE is excavating the family home property and he continues talking about how LV would know the logins to some accounts...OMG and she was in phone contact with LV???? she continued to accept LV and his relationship with her AT THAT TIME despite the sudden death of her mom, despite the sudden marriage and despite LV being jailed concerning her children. and making sure LV gets commissary money. but now their posture is 'he was framed'.

of interest to me, but will obviously never know about what CD talked about at his daughter's house for a period of time while LE was on the property digging.

would like to hear recorded phone calls with his daughter and LV and of course with CD.

They got it half right.

I will be so happy when the real ME takes the stand. Also prosecution was soft today. They will get beat if they don’t step up their game. Prior is no pushover. I think they underestimated his desire to win.
Michael Aiello (sp?) also keeps referring to Tylee and JJ as Chad’s stepkids, which they were not. Although that did get me to realizing that Chad is Colby’s stepdad, which give me chills.

Thursday, April 25th:
*Trial continues (Day 11) (@ 9am MT) & Motions (ruling) (@ 8:30am MT) – ID – Joshua Jaxon (JJ) Vallow (7) & Tylee Ashlyn Ryan (16) (JJ last seen Sept. 23, 2019 & Tylee on Sept. 9, 2019, Rexburg; found June 9, 2020 buried in Daybell’s yard in Salem, ID) & Tamara “Tammy” Michelle Douglas Daybell (49) (died on Oct. 19, 2019 at her residence in Salem, ID; dob 5/4/70). – *Chad Guy Daybell (53/now 55) arrested (6/9/20) & indicted (5/25/21) & charged (5/26/21) & arraigned (6/9/21) with Count 1 (for Tylee): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception (for Daybell, Vallow & Alex Cox) & other co-conspirators. Count 2 (for Tylee): 1st degree murder. Count 3 (for JJ): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder & grand theft by deception. Count 4 (for JJ): 1st degree murder. Count 5 (for Tammy, 49, died 10/19/19): Conspiracy to commit 1st degree murder. Count 6 (for Tammy): 1st degree murder. Count 8 & 9: Insurance Fraud (Two counts of insurance fraud related to 2 different life insurance policies he had on Tammy). Plead not guilty. No bond. DA will seek DP. (Judge denied removing DP 3/14/24). Fremont County
Trial began on 4/1/24 with final jury selection & ended on 4/8/24. Jurors: 12 jurors & 6 alternates. [10 men & 8 women]. Jury will be sequestered during deliberations in the guilt phase thru the penalty phase.
Trial began on 4/10/24. (approx. 8 weeks) Court hours are 8:30am to 3pm Monday-Friday. Trial is being held in Ada County.
Judge Steven W. Boyce presiding. Prosecutors: Fremont County Prosecuting Attorney Lindsey Blake, Madison County Prosecuting Attorney Rob Wood, Special Attorney General Prosecutor Ingrid Batey & Fremont County Deputy Prosecuting Attorney Rocky Wixom & defense attorney John Prior.

Court info from 6/10/20 thru 3/29/24 & Jury Selection Day 1-6 (4/1-4/6/24) & thru 4/9/24 & Trial Day 1-9 (4/10-4/23/24) reference post #773 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell-2.710166/page-39

4/24/24 Wednesday, Trial Day 10: State witnesses: Brenda Dye, the Fremont County EMT/coroner. Kelsie Harris, Tammy's clogging instructor & co-worker. Shannon Miller, Tammy's co-worker & workout buddy. Jennifer Geisler. She works at Central Elementary school as a first grade teacher; worked with Tammy. Detective Bruce Mattingly with the Fremont County Sheriff's Office [discussed life insurance policies & Tammy's Fitbit account]. Detective Vince Kaaiakamanu was a detective at the time of the case. He was with Fremont County Sheriff’s Office. He is currently with the Madison County Sheriff’s Office. Kaaiakamanu was involved in Tammy’s case in March 2020.
*Judge Boyce said there are some motions he is a part of tomorrow. He wants to start court at 9am tomorrow. Next week, court won’t happen on Tuesday, 4/30/24.
*Motions are discussed. Two motions from the state. One is a notice from the court about designation of victims. *Prosecutor Rob Wood addressed the court. He asked that Kay Woodcock (JJ Vallow’s grandmother & Charles Vallow’s sister, who is a designated victim in this case & can give an impact statement) to be able to stand in for Charles Vallow during the trial. Annie Cushing would be in place for Tylee Ryan. (Cushing is her aunt.) No objections.
*There is a motion in limine that relates to a proposed statement made by Janice Olson regarding Tammy’s life insurance. Another motion “in limine” is in regards to Janet Anderson that allege statements about Tammy as “a zombie.” Lots of "hearsay" issues.
*Judge Boyce will get an oral ruling on motion at 8:30am tomorrow.
For more info on direct see post #809 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...tylee-ryan-and-tammy-daybell-2.710166/page-41
Trial continues on Thursday, 4/25/24 @ 9am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalKnowledge