TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the coroner "took one for the team." She knew she was going to get beat up on. No way for her to avoid it given the circumstances. The lack of qualifications of Idaho coroners was a boon for the defense. And Prior is trying to get his licks in and hoping this testimony will overshadow the ME testimony.
I’m not so sure where Prior was going with his cross. If anything it strengthen the prosecutions case imo, because the defence clearly cannot rely on her findings. It was an odd cross imo.

If his kids testify for their father, life won't be easy in Idaho. Idaho, is like a small town, with a long Main Street. I can't imagine things have been easy since CD was arrested.

Just more victims in this mess.
I believe Emma thinks the neighbors have been judgy.

MOO
Heather stated in the HTC interview she believes Garth would commit perjury for Chad.

And he was the one there that night in some capacity.

She seemed worried for him in that regard to me. Like an aunt who cares about her nephew, she did not want him to harm himself in that way. :(

Do you think Emma will perjure herself on the stand?

At this point, she has three choices. Perjury, refusing to testify, such as by suffering an emergency and/or otherwise escaping subpoena penalties, or testifying truthfully and losing her very special role in the eyes of her father.

It is going to be pretty transparent that she is lying if she claims Tammy was slowing down.

Emma will get support if she testifies truthfully. The change will be that the support will be from people she is not used to being supported by. It would be very brave and heroic. But the signs are, she can't do it.

MOO

I agree. I must have missed this in Loris trial. According to JP, when Tammy was sick (according to Chad) she only brought up half her stomach contents and not all of them. Is this odd?
It's nearly impossible. Unless she ate after vomiting, or the vomiting wasn't vomiting, but more like a regurgitation.

I don't recall that this was released in Lori's trial, perhaps because it goes more to the direct murder act rather than conspiracy, and Lori could not be involved in the suffocation or the narrative to the coroner. It matters more in Chad's trial.

I also don't recall learning about the depth of the fresh bruises on Tammy :(, probably for the same reason.

MOO

It's nearly impossible. Unless she ate after vomiting, or the vomiting wasn't vomiting, but more like a regurgitation.

I don't recall that this was released in Lori's trial, perhaps because it goes more to the direct murder act rather than conspiracy, and Lori could not be involved in the suffocation or the narrative to the coroner. It matters more in Chad's trial.

I also don't recall learning about the depth of the fresh bruises on Tammy :(, probably for the same reason.

MOO
I'm not prone to vomiting but when I do, it's not necessarily in one installment. If you only bring up part of the stomach contents, don't you still feel sick?

Did Garth witness Tammy vomiting? At what time? IF he made it up later, he must have known something wasn't right.

I'm not prone to vomiting but when I do, it's not necessarily in one installment. If you only bring up part of the stomach contents, don't you still feel sick?

Did Garth witness Tammy vomiting? At what time? IF he made it up later, he must have known something wasn't right.
I find I wretch more times than necessary to empty my stomach, then wring it out several times.

My most recent experience was COVID, which I experienced in November 2023 like a stomach flu. I'd eat a 3oz. Ice pop, then my body would expel multiple times with the force to expel a bowling ball, and enough repetitions to pump out a small pond.

But I'm not a doctor. I recall emptying my stomach and my body not getting the memo that it's empty already. In fairness, it sounds implausible to me that she could partially empty her stomach. But I don't know. One thing I did notice- Brenda Dye after the autopsy said that the full stomach was sus. She's not a doctor either, but she was discussing the episode with one while reconsidering the manner of death.

I (like you) call BS on the whole coughing fit/vomit story, so maybe it doesn't matter if the lie is plausible or not.

I'd like to see those scene photos (not the Tammy parts) and compare what is on the table, etc., since the fit bit seemed to have dissapeared.

MOO

Exactly, and presumably she would have needed to see a doctor to have this prescribed?
Was just thinking about this last night. In order to have the medication prescribed, and receive regular refills of the medications that Tammy Daybell was taking [both Tramadol (for pain), and fluoxetine (an antidepressant)], she would have to be under a doctor's care. Therefore, how could her death have been classified as "unattended." All that the EMTs, LE, or detectives would have to do would be to look on the labels of her medication bottles. There, they would find the name(s) of the prescribing doctor. It came out in trial yesterday (24 Apr. 2024) that they did request and receive her medical records, so possibly we will hear more about this when the Medical Examiner testifies.

Michael Aiello (sp?) also keeps referring to Tylee and JJ as Chad’s stepkids, which they were not. Although that did get me to realizing that Chad is Colby’s stepdad, which give me chills.
He is no Dad. He is a sperm donor!

My husband has been my children’s “step” dad for 39 years. The love and affection they feel toward each other is tremendous. And he’s a great dad to his own two children. We raised all four of them together. His first wife deserted him and their children when they were babies but he stepped up and was well respected as a great dad before I even met him. I feel very fortunate. I know what a good dad looks like. Chad Daybell isn't any of that. He is a liar and a cheater. His kids are delusional.

From the Nov. 14, 2012 article: "CANYON COUNTY — John Prior, an attorney who plead guilty to a reduced charge of misdemeanor battery, was sentenced Tuesday to 120 days in jail, 100 days suspended and 30 days discretionary, and fined $137.50."

He is no Dad. He is a sperm donor!

My husband has been my children’s “step” dad for 39 years. The love and affection they feel toward each other is tremendous. And he’s a great dad to his own two children. We raised all four of them together. His first wife deserted him and their children when they were babies but he stepped up and was well respected as a great dad before I even met him. I feel very fortunate. I know what a good dad looks like. Chad Daybell isn't any of that. He is a liar and a cheater. His kids are delusional.
A very nice story and analogy Love Never Fails. Thank you for sharing it.

And I so agree with the analysis of CD…… and the words you chose ‘liar and cheater’. Yes, and there are so many more……. but I appreciate the ability to post in these threads. Maybe ‘charlatan’ also fits. I best stop there. MOO

Was just thinking about this last night. In order to have the medication prescribed, and receive regular refills of the medications that Tammy Daybell was taking [both Tramadol (for pain), and fluoxetine (an antidepressant)], she would have to be under a doctor's care. Therefore, how could her death have been classified as "unattended." All that the EMTs, LE, or detectives would have to do would be to look on the labels of her medication bottles. There, they would find the name(s) of the prescribing doctor. It came out in trial yesterday (24 Apr. 2024) that they did request and receive her medical records, so possibly we will hear more about this when the Medical Examiner testifies.
I was surprised by this as well. The coroner was not questioned as to why the doctor wasn’t called for an opinion. Prozac is strong and unless she was very depressed I can’t see why she was given that particular medicine. If she was depressed, why?
I think we all know. Her husband is looking for a new wife because she is a zombie and he needs to kill her.

I thought the coroner said her stomach contents were intact?
I said according to JP. The coroner said there was food in the stomach but she didn’t say how much.

She was also asked whether there was a burger and fries present (in the stomach contents) because apparently her son bought a burger and fries home for her to eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OnceAgain