TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, according to this witness (Huff) CD told him it was a miracle he had just gotten her pw's shortly before she died. So if that timing is true, it may not affect his ability to read/delete her email from Charles Vallow.
I believe CD had gained access to Tammy Daybell's passwords well before: "shortly before she died." I think he deleted Charles Vallow's email re the affair between CD and LV, and then blocked him, as well. [Just my personal opinion (and fervent wish) though!]

The realtor today saying Chad wanted to put a modular home on his property . A place for him & Lori to live. (Lori was incarcerated)
All I could think , was CD going to put it over the kids buried bodies. Realtor said he wanted it ASAP.

Arnold said that after Tammy’s death, he had been in contact with Chad about possibly developing a second house on the property — the reason being that Chad allegedly did not feel comfortable sleeping in the home anymore.
“We had talked about splitting his property and putting another home on it. We determined the lot was too small … He still wanted to put another home on it,” Arnold said. He also claimed Chad asked about the fastest way it could be done, and that he needed a place where he and Lori Vallow could live.
Lori was incarcerated at the time, her children missing
On re-direct, the realtor/broker testified that he thought Chad Daybell's reason for adding the manufactured/mobile home to his existing property was because some excavation would be required [at least for footers (at a minimum, if not for a concrete slab foundation, which would require even more excavation)]. The implication was, yes, you are not alone in speculating about his motive.

I hope the jury remembers that Chad told his ex-neighbor from Utah that Tammy choked to death. Had she died a natural death he wouldn't have told different things to different people.
That's right. Very good point, @indicolite22!
The State's witness was Craig Dennis Huff, who lived in Springville, Utah, when Chad Daybell, Tammy and children lived there -- before their move to Rexburg, Idaho (in 2015, according to his recollection). Craig Huff still lives in Springville. He said he had a conversation with CD at Tammy Daybell's viewing (the day before her funeral) in Springville. Chad told him that: "[Tammy] choked to death." That viewing for Tammy would have been on Monday, 21 Oct. 2019, in Springville, Utah.
[Note: Craig Dennis Huff testified on Day 12 of Chad Daybell's trial -- Fri., 26 April 2024.]

So I was wondering how long had Chad been "seeing" Lori on the side, before that day that the kids were allegedly buried in his yard? It wasn't even that long, was it? I'm just trying to imagine him seeing this lady, and pretty soon, it ends up with her asking him if she can bury her children in his yard! How would that ever happen? These people are crazy!
Lori Vallow had been pursuing Chad Daybell for over a year, since at least 2018. Ever since she first discovered him, through reading his blockbuster best sellers [extreme sarcasm], she set her sights on him. If his books were so great, why didn't "Reader's Digest - Condensed Books" jump on publishing them, I ask you? Although CD was a sitting duck for her (if not a bullfrog on a lily pad), and definitely had a loin fire going for her, he would not have pursued her with the same fervor. Left untended the flames would have died out. (IMO)

Hi, yall! I need to be here for this cause I have too much to say hahah.
I read this thread, but didn't see it mentioned. I know its a day late.

When defense went on and on about a rifle not being used for close range, only hunting and anyone wanting close range would use a handgun... has he never seen details of a school shooting? They all use a rifle, of sorts! It's the gun of a psycho. Just like Alex cox. No. He wouldn't have to choose a handgun. He embraces his psycho. What a dumb argument!!!
Plus it's not like rifles/shotguns aren't used in individual murders all the time, or at least before. Might not be the best weapon of choice for a premeditated hit but A. these people aren't that smart and B. sometimes I guess it's what gun is available to you.

So your mom's been experiencing a "chronic cough" and general unwellness (only things I remember her family stating) for an unspecified period of time leading up to her sudden death. At the same time these symptoms were occurring she was still going to Zumba, running races, and going to work every day.

A cough to me would suggest she may have died of undetected lung cancer or some other undetected pulmonary ailment. An autopsy would reveal this. What if it's something that is hereditary? I would sure want to find out.

MOO.
Oh, and she was so ill that she never took a sick day off -- according to her principal, Richard Garner, Central Elementary School, Sugar City, Idaho.

Chad and Lori met in Feb 2018. Charles was dead in July 2019. According to text messages read in court, Chad and Lori had a sexual relationship right after Charles' death. I suspect it began even before that. Tylee is last seen alive in September. These two moved very, very quickly in their relationship.
I thought they met at a PAP conference in Oct 2018. Can you give more info on a Feb meeting?

IMO the principal’s testimony really painted a picture of the kind of human Tammy was. It was heartbreaking all over again to think of her life being cut short. Her corner of the world was a better place with her in it, and she didn’t deserve this betrayal, the loss of so many years of life and milestones, and denial of a proper funeral. To top it all off, her own kids whom she loved more than anything aren’t speaking up for her.

I stumbled on to this case when it was all about the kids, and Tammy was sort of an afterthought. That testimony really spoke to me and I hope it affects the jurors in the same way.

Justice For Tammy.

Plus it's not like rifles/shotguns aren't used in individual murders all the time, or at least before. Might not be the best weapon of choice for a premeditated hit but A. these people aren't that smart and B. sometimes I guess it's what gun is available to you.
My theory on why the rifle was used..

AC was not supposed to shoot TD in her yard after she got out of the car that night. He had searched (the day before I think) about how much of a drop a Grendel round would have from 100 to 300 yds and (that day I think) for what a Grendel round would do to a Dodge Dakota or going thru a windshield. AC had an AR-15 loaded with Grendel rounds because he was supposed to shoot her from a distance in her vehicle. ((The Grendel 6.5 is designed for targets 200 to 800 yds away.) I am not sure where along her route this was supposed to happen - was he going to wait until she pulled in her driveway like he did when he shot at BB? That would be my guess since he was trying to account for distance & drop but to my knowledge he made no such searches for vehicle speed. I think the plan was for AC to be a couple of hundred yards away and shoot TD as she pulled in the driveway.

I don’t really see a good place for him to sit and wait for her 100 to 300 yds or so away from the front driveway that she used that night. I suspect he was expecting her to use the other driveway and was likely hiding somewhere on the property in view of that back driveway. But TD used the other driveway and he had to scurry around the side of the house to confront her in the yard.

It’s also possible he was supposed to shoot her along the road somewhere before she reached the house and just didn’t take vehicle speed into consideration but since he reached the house before she got the groceries out of the car, my theory of being elsewhere on the Daybell property seems more likely.

AC had multiple guns to choose from that night - didn’t they say he purchase 46 weapons? If he was planning on confronting TD in her yard and shooting her from a few feet away, he may have chosen something other than the rifle he used. So yes, I agree that he was using the weapon that was available - the one he brought that he planned to use from a distance.

JMO of course. I cannot prove my theory.

Per EID:

Chad doesn't care about the future of his daughters because the Bear World apocalypse was gonna happen at any moment, or something. They ain't need no autopsy.

I had a family member die suddenly recently and I was surprised they didn't order an autopsy. She was in her 70s and ill but there wasn't a concrete reason for that to have happened on the surface. My mom and I thought that if it were us we'd want that done so we could prevent whatever it was from happening to us. Of course we don't suspect murder at all but that is the exact reason we were surprised. Our relative was old and Tammy was young with young(er) daughters. Of course we all know the real reason why they didn't want one (alleged) but it's not like Tammy died of severe pneumonia or sepsis from a wound.
I agree with you lightofmine99, it was what caught my eye, Tammy Daybell sudden death and no Autopsy.
Myself and my Partner had to make a choice, our oldest Child was Stillborn as five months ,this was over 17 years ago and rules in Australia have change since then. But I say five months, because he was born at five months but he died in womb two days earlier which was before the cut of the period at the time Five months which he would had a certificate for birth and Death. ( today I can apply for both certifcates) but back then, the Hospital made a Birth Certificate and Baby Book with photos which we still have.
We were given two chioces, and we could make arrangement for Service burial or we could have a autopsy done where we could not have him returned to us afterwards he would be cremated ashes scattered the Garden of the Inocents at Melbourne Cemetary, owned by The Melbourne Women's Hospital. Partner and I spoke briefly and we were in agreement, we needed to know why our son died, he was healthy peacefully asleep, he was perfect. We agreed to an Autopsy, we needed answers. We dressed him placed gifts of love around him a Parson came to give him a blessings we spent time with our son before handing him over. Autopsy showed he was healthy and perfect, it took a few years later before hospital informed us due to more rescerch and information from other cases, our son death was cause by a small blood clot formed briefly in the cord. This was peace my partner and I needed we were given answer although a few years later. No autopsy for Tammy Daybell struck me as very odd.

Just noting a change in body language from CD for this witness (Craig Huff). He's now leaning forward, looking very engaged, maybe smiling a bit? Makes me think that this Huff is someone that CD still want to "put on a good face" for.

View attachment 499727
And a witness who seems to have been "buffaloed" by Chad Daybell. Even after all that has come out in C.D. case. I suspect loyalty to Chad's parents/family.

The witnesses this week — friends and co-workers of Tammy’s — have been amazing. I’m so thankful to know her through them and would have very much liked to be her friend, especially compared to Lori. I hope this testimony gnaws at Chad’s heart and fills him with regret and desolation for his neglect and actions. Probably not. I wish her children could see this though.

Justice for Tammy.

I wasn't aware Prior owned the property now. Isn't it odd for a defense attorney to own a property that formerly housed two of his client's alleged victims' graves? Never heard of such a thing.

IMO MOO
Daybell Home Has Controversial New Owner (Article Dated: 1 August 2023)

“'No reputable lawyer would take a case with a quitclaim house,' says criminal defense attorney Jeromy Stafford, who is based in Idaho Falls, ID. 'It’s what low-level, shady lawyers do.'”

My theory on why the rifle was used..

AC was not supposed to shoot TD in her yard after she got out of the car that night. He had searched (the day before I think) about how much of a drop a Grendel round would have from 100 to 300 yds and (that day I think) for what a Grendel round would do to a Dodge Dakota or going thru a windshield. AC had an AR-15 loaded with Grendel rounds because he was supposed to shoot her from a distance in her vehicle. ((The Grendel 6.5 is designed for targets 200 to 800 yds away.) I am not sure where along her route this was supposed to happen - was he going to wait until she pulled in her driveway like he did when he shot at BB? That would be my guess since he was trying to account for distance & drop but to my knowledge he made no such searches for vehicle speed. I think the plan was for AC to be a couple of hundred yards away and shoot TD as she pulled in the driveway.

I don’t really see a good place for him to sit and wait for her 100 to 300 yds or so away from the front driveway that she used that night. I suspect he was expecting her to use the other driveway and was likely hiding somewhere on the property in view of that back driveway. But TD used the other driveway and he had to scurry around the side of the house to confront her in the yard.

It’s also possible he was supposed to shoot her along the road somewhere before she reached the house and just didn’t take vehicle speed into consideration but since he reached the house before she got the groceries out of the car, my theory of being elsewhere on the Daybell property seems more likely.

AC had multiple guns to choose from that night - didn’t they say he purchase 46 weapons? If he was planning on confronting TD in her yard and shooting her from a few feet away, he may have chosen something other than the rifle he used. So yes, I agree that he was using the weapon that was available - the one he brought that he planned to use from a distance.

JMO of course. I cannot prove my theory.
Was Alex a bad shot or did he purposely miss Brandon & Tammy? Maybe he was not the one that killed JJ & Tylee either.
Which could open up the possibility that LVD actually pulled the trigger on CV that day..literally leaving Alex holding the gun.

No saint that Alex… but maybe more a devoted accessory to it all.

Moo

Daybell Home Has Controversial New Owner (Article Dated: 1 August 2023)

“'No reputable lawyer would take a case with a quitclaim house,' says criminal defense attorney Jeromy Stafford, who is based in Idaho Falls, ID. 'It’s what low-level, shady lawyers do.'”
Prior you have been summed up....low level and shady!!

I have been laughing over my favorite real estate guy all day and my DH took me out to dinner tonight and asked why have you been laughing all day.

I whipped out my phone and pulled up the East Idaho clip of the moment the irritable, bad tempered, supposed courtroom bad....fill in the blank Prior demanded the real estate guy tell him how many acres Chad owns.

Oh my goodness it must be a such a tremendously huge acreage with all the drama Prior has tried to create and so I had looked it up earlier this week and thought hmmm...that's the size of my dogs backyard...and yeah I can see every inch of it so I would know if someone buried a person back there.

But the winner of today's award for breaking the internet said the words that I will always remember. I don't know...you tell me...you own it!!!

My DH about choked on the shrimp he was eating while watching the video. And choked even more when I told him Prior was talking about a 3 acre lot.

DBM....shared too much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members