TRIAL OF CHAD DAYBELL CHARGED WITH MURDER OF JJ VALLOW, TYLEE RYAN AND TAMMY DAYBELL #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the principal’s testimony really painted a picture of the kind of human Tammy was. It was heartbreaking all over again to think of her life being cut short. Her corner of the world was a better place with her in it, and she didn’t deserve this betrayal, the loss of so many years of life and milestones, and denial of a proper funeral. To top it all off, her own kids whom she loved more than anything aren’t speaking up for her.

I stumbled on to this case when it was all about the kids, and Tammy was sort of an afterthought. That testimony really spoke to me and I hope it affects the jurors in the same way.

Justice For Tammy.

I mentioned this yesterday, the more pictures we see of Tammy, the more we hear her voice, and hear her friends, co-workers talk about her, the more "real' she is, as a person.

JP can denigrate her as much as he wants, he is trying to paint a picture of a fat, depressed woman, unhealthy, "couch potato". And, every time we hear people talk about Tammy, we get a "picture" of a vibrant, happy woman..busy working, attending church, with friends and family.

JP's plan, isn't working.

IDAHO FALLS — The public is invited to a Celebration of Life in honor of Joshua “JJ” Vallow and Tylee Ryan later this month.

Larry and Kay Woodcock, JJ’s grandparents, are hosting the memorial on Saturday, April 27 at the Colonial Theater in Idaho Falls.

[…]
The Colonial Theater is located at 450 A Street. Seating will be on a first come, first serve basis. Visitation hours will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. followed by a service from 1 to 2 p.m.

EastIdahoNews.com will livestream the Celebration of Life. Condolences may be sent to the family here.

[…]

Was Alex a bad shot or did he purposely miss Brandon & Tammy? Maybe he was not the one that killed JJ & Tylee either.
Which could open up the possibility that LVD actually pulled the trigger on CV that day..literally leaving Alex holding the gun.

No saint that Alex… but maybe more a devoted accessory to it all.

Moo

I don’t know that I’d say “purposely” but have wondered along those lines - also goes along with LVD’s statement to ZP about “can’t do anything right” & his to ZP that he wonders if he is to be the “fall guy” - makes you wonder what role he actually did play in all this.

Two points from JP's narrative yesterday that he is likely going to revisit.

With Tammy's school principal on the stand, JP tried to insinuate that Tammy didn't run the 5k in September, a month before her death. It looked like Emma and her husband might testify about that. I wonder who the jury would believe.

JP was also trying to make the realtor affirm that there was no time to spare between the Sunday service at the church and the viewing of the property on September 22. MG&DW claimed that before the property visit, Chad and Lori took them to a park near the church where they showed them an imposing "terrestrial building" that apparently only C&L were able to see, because nothing was there.

Last edited:
When some people say that the cult's inner circle must have known all along about the murders taking place, I remember Lori's words to MG on the secret recording, when the latter asked why she can't tell people about JJ's whereabouts: "If they don't know anything, they don't have to say they know." At least in this instance, the perps used the need-to-know principle to minimize the risk of getting caught. To me this also says they didn't fully trust MG and DW. I wonder if it was the same or different with ZP, MBP and AB. ZP said herself that she knew that Tylee would be "dealth with" when time came. She also overheard Lori's frustration when Alex failed to shoot Tammy, so she must have known what it was about. MBP very likely knew about the attempt on BB. It's unclear what AB was told and when. I'd look for the testimony about Lori and/or Chad lying to them, trying to cover up what happened. So far I haven't seen much of that. If the cult members were made aware the murders would take place, there would be no need to lie. If they weren't aware, they could be told the truth afterwards, but not necessarily.

Last edited:
My mind boggles at the idea of Lori and Chad living happily ever after in their new home on top of the bodies of those poor children. Not a care in the world. Maybe they would have a giggle about it occasionally. Or raise a glass on their birthdays. Evil, evil, evil.

My theory on why the rifle was used..

AC was not supposed to shoot TD in her yard after she got out of the car that night. He had searched (the day before I think) about how much of a drop a Grendel round would have from 100 to 300 yds and (that day I think) for what a Grendel round would do to a Dodge Dakota or going thru a windshield. AC had an AR-15 loaded with Grendel rounds because he was supposed to shoot her from a distance in her vehicle. ((The Grendel 6.5 is designed for targets 200 to 800 yds away.) I am not sure where along her route this was supposed to happen - was he going to wait until she pulled in her driveway like he did when he shot at BB? That would be my guess since he was trying to account for distance & drop but to my knowledge he made no such searches for vehicle speed. I think the plan was for AC to be a couple of hundred yards away and shoot TD as she pulled in the driveway.

I don’t really see a good place for him to sit and wait for her 100 to 300 yds or so away from the front driveway that she used that night. I suspect he was expecting her to use the other driveway and was likely hiding somewhere on the property in view of that back driveway. But TD used the other driveway and he had to scurry around the side of the house to confront her in the yard.

It’s also possible he was supposed to shoot her along the road somewhere before she reached the house and just didn’t take vehicle speed into consideration but since he reached the house before she got the groceries out of the car, my theory of being elsewhere on the Daybell property seems more likely.

AC had multiple guns to choose from that night - didn’t they say he purchase 46 weapons? If he was planning on confronting TD in her yard and shooting her from a few feet away, he may have chosen something other than the rifle he used. So yes, I agree that he was using the weapon that was available - the one he brought that he planned to use from a distance.

JMO of course. I cannot prove my theory.
I hadn’t considered this before. Is it possible that he did try to shoot at the car and missed?

Was Alex a bad shot or did he purposely miss Brandon & Tammy? Maybe he was not the one that killed JJ & Tylee either.
Which could open up the possibility that LVD actually pulled the trigger on CV that day..literally leaving Alex holding the gun.

No saint that Alex… but maybe more a devoted accessory to it all.

Moo

I agree that this is a possibility. After all, Loris is the only person still living. I also believe that Lori killed Tylee and JJ, though Alex assisted.

Thank you, Judge Boyce, for making it clear that the response was factual!

It occurred to me that part of the beauty of that rogue moment was it provided an outlet of frustration over Prior's obvious attempts to get "better" answers and run with it.

Prior was probably hoping the client would make a generous estimate- let's say the client remembered, 'I think it was nearly 4 acres.' (It isn't.)

Then Prior would continue, 'so this pasture, that's like 4, 5, maybe 6 acres, has a lot of room for a second home. Is that fair?'

That, "you own it" comment stopped that sleazy type of testimonial questioning.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member